2008 BMW Alpina B7 Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2008 Bmw Alpina B 7
4.3
Average based on 7 reviews

Enigma: Maximum performance and comfort!

by from Orange County, CA on May 7, 2008

After owning many sport cars and luxury sedans, I can easily attest that the B7 is the height of accomplishment of combining the best of both, the holy grail of car design. Once you look under the covers and see what really went into this car, you recognize that it is a value even at this price. While AMG variants boast horsepower, they have no finesse, less cornering ablility, less rarity and downright design than this one. I can smoke nearly any car on the road if I choose first gear in manual mode ( the car has so much torque it starts in second gear otherwise; you can't tell). Its ride is silky smooth even with those 21" tires, don't know how they do it (special tires actually). There is no other combination of engineering prowess on the road today at this price; a collaboration of two fanatical car companies with full dealer warrantee and service for 4 years? The interior is just as special, make sure you get the Alpina Blue, other wise you don't ge the rich Alpina wood, can't get it otherwise. Stereo is beyond peer. Overall package is beyond description. Buy it!

better than AMG

by from California on June 14, 2008

Currently also have an E55 and CLK 55 - the Alpina is just as fast, but definitely more luxurious...but more important...more RELIABLE. Something that cannot be said for the AMGs.

BEST CAR EVER!!!

by from Verona, WI on March 1, 2009

I got this car on 10/16/07, and its an amazing car. Very fast= super easy to go over speed limit! Very fun and comfortable cruiser. Seats have a nice comfortable feel and the dash is very well put together. Try and get it used, because it WILL save you a butt load of money. And one last thing, THE I-DRIVE IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!!! It's easy once you get use to it, the only reason why it's rated badly, it because these reviewers have the car for only a couple days! VERY VERY NICE CAR!!!!

745li

by from New Engalnd on July 21, 2008

Amazingly well behave when you have to drive normal with passengers in the car. Acceleration cornering and breaking, feel all BMW at higher more refined level. Car surprises me after 8K driving more comfotably around town than my 745li that hasn’t lever my garage scene February. This car appears understated, and offers a lot for the money. My 7th BMW's in 14 years and thinks it's there best keep sceret.

What a Ride

by from Chicago, IL on December 30, 2009

I have nearly 4000 miles on my car, what a great car. I was concerned that a 7 Series "performance" car would be any but a performance car. In the past I have owned many 7 and 5 series cars but this is the best. Comfortable and responsive, unique and reliable. This is the best 4 door car I have ever owned and I have had a lot of really nice cars, 2 and 4 door. OK so the car is not perfect, the gas mileage is the same as my 2002 Subaru Outback. No problem.

False Advertising

by from SF, CA on July 8, 2011

These guys are trying to pawn off a 750i as a real Alpina B7. Don't be mislead by the title they put on this -- check out the carfax. The photo of the trunk exterior and wheels are a dead giveaway as well. Dealers do this with regularity.

Good but not great

by from philadelphia on August 4, 2008

Good car but I like my AMG better. Can't say anything about reliability because it's new. Should see what people will say about cars reliability in a few years.