1998 M

Reviews Summary

4.3 out of 5 starsComfort
4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design

All Reviews

Best performance for the money

by M Bob from Keyport, NJ on November 24, 2008

I have put 50k trouble free miles on my '98 M Roadster. At 5.3 sec 0-60 times, it will smoke any Boxter and all but the newer 'vettes...and it still turns heads when people see it. Best car I have ever owned...best sports car for the money anywhere.

'98 M Roadster, our 1st M

by BluGrss BckRds from Paris, KY on February 6, 2011

We bought this car for my wife and have absolutely loved driving it. Have went for a few drives with my buddy who has a 2000 Boxter. I can keep up and so he can he most of the time. On long straightaways I can pull away from him usually, his Boxter is a little easier to drive fast, but gives you fewer fun points being mid sized. The Roadster just has that beautiful rear wheel drive handling. Not as impractical as you might think. We can bring home a full grocery trip's haul no problem. Golf clubs and large luggage are about the only things that don't fit actually. Drive one, you'll be glad you did.

Still A Head Turner After 12 Years

by M_Roadster_Fan from Plano, TX on December 30, 2009

I am the original owner of a 1998 Boston Green M Roadster with Black/Gray interior. This car looked awesome on the dealer showroom and after test driving it won me over. 0-60 in 5.2 seconds and handling like a slot car while always drawing admiring looks, this car impresses all who see it and wows all who drive it. The car is completely impractical (you can't even fit a bag of golf clubs in the trunk) but if you are in a two car family it is a wonderful luxury/toy! I have sold most cars I've owned after a couple of years mostly because I've grown bored of driving them. 12 years after purchasing this beast I still look forward to every drive!