2018 M240

2018 BMW M240

2018 BMW M240

Have You Driven the 2018 BMW M240?

Perfect Balance of Performance and Comfort

by Rick from Minnetonka, MN on Mon Jul 23 2018

After owning a wide-variety of BMWs over many years, I have to say that this M240 offers the best combination of performance and comfort of all the cars that we have owned. Each of our prior BMWs was biased towards one end of the spectrum, but the M240 is just a great all-around package. If you are looking for performance, comfort and fun, this is a perfect little car.

Second M Performance 2 Series

by mattyice24 from Beverly Hills, CA on Tue May 01 2018

I recently traded in my 2015 M235 for a 2018 M240. The newer model is a slight notch above the old one in every single manner. BMW took something I loved and made me fall in love with it all over again. The M240 has a slight power boost from its predecessor, and the exhaust sounds so much livelier. There is a lot more blurting on the down shift, and the engine sounds fantastic. Is the power increase colossal? No. But is it noticeable after driving the other car over 1000 days? Yes. The interior hasn't changed at all, which is a good thing. The new model has a phenomenal touchscreen console, and I much prefer the interface to the one I had in the M235. That one hadn't been updated since at least before 2012. I also love the touch of having lights underneath the door that project the M logo onto the ground at night. It's vanity, sure, but it looks fantastic. This is a very sleek and fierce looking car, and the value is hard to beat. It's the perfect size for city driving/parking, and it's truly a pleasure on the open road once you get outside an urban area. I couldn't be happier with this vehicle.

Overall Evaluation

by John S from Ocean County, New Jersey on Thu Jan 25 2018

This BMW (M240I) provides excellent road manners. Power delivery is also excellent and nearly immediate (minimal turbo lag). Driving dynamic functions (Eco, Comfort, Sport modes) are also very good and offer different driving experiences. The fit and finish is good as is the cabin layout. The interior cabin materials are only adequate (on par with Honda Accord and Toyota Camry). One of the key issues is that most of the modern safety technology is optional (vs. standard in most vehicles) and the cost of these options either individually or in a package can add quickly to the cost.

BMW 240i cv is better than I thought it would be

by Tom Grimes from Austin, Texas on Sun May 20 2018

I traded in a 428i convertible I bought new in 2016 for this 2018 M240i convertible I had built in the Leipzig manufacturing plant. I did this because no stripped models, in the colors I wanted, were in the national dealer inventory at the time. So I had to have this one built. My delight with the M240i is due, in part, because it's NOT that 428i I owned. So someone coming to the BMW line for the first time, and to the M240i in particular, may not be as thrilled. That is, the 428i was so godawful that the M240i stands out as a remedy to all of the 428i's flaws. That said, I can't believe most M240i convertible buyers won't be as pleased as I am. There's nothing about this car that I don't like. In fact, it's better than I thought it would be in almost every respect: the firmness of the ride, the responsiveness of the engine, the brakes, the precision steering; even the standard, base model, sound system. The 428i had a metal folding roof, which I liked. So I was nervous about the M240i's cloth roof. I shouldn't have worried. I can't detect any difference in road noise. The inside of the car is just as quiet as the inside of the 428i. In fact, the cloth roof takes up much less trunk space when it's collapsed than the 428i's metal roof. And the mechanism is much less heavy and less complicated so that if it ever breaks, it will probably cost less to fix. The only problem I have had with the car is that, in Sport-Plus mode, it's a bit too powerful. The car can easily get out of control unless the driver is careful. The Comfort mode puts more hesitation in the engine and seems to lower the horsepower (which it doesn't actually do), thus making it more controllable. As I get used to the Sport-Plus mode, I'll use it more because I'll learn to handle it better.

The Car I've Been Waiting For

by Leadfoot from Bell,FL on Wed Feb 14 2018

BMW earned its moto of 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' on cars like the 1960s/70s 2002, a lightweight, great handling car with a great engine that you could use as your daily driver . They slowly drifted away from that in favor of 'luxury' but with the M240 and earlier M235 they have finally returned to their roots. There is no other car in their lineup that I'd rather have. The M2 is close but is a little too harsh on some of the roads I drive and it gives up a little too much fuel efficiency for too few extra HP. Not to say that the M2 isn't a great performing car, just not as good a cruiser as the slightly softer edged M240 and in real world driving, the M240 gives up nothing to the M2 in terms of performance.

A blast to drive

by Acr1119 from North Alabama on Sun Jun 17 2018

I was looking for a fun daily driver and found it. This car is a little small and doesn?t have a tremendous amount of storage space, but it more than meets my needs. Merging and passing slower traffic is absolutely no problem at all. Although it is a sport car, it is comfortable and quiet so that a long road trip is enjoyable. I couldn?t be more pleased with this car. My car is red with black wheels and get many compliments.

fantastic car

by larry from woodbury ny on Mon Oct 23 2017

best all around car. fast, comfortable, everyday car. well made and well laid out. easy to operate and learn. gorgeous looks without being garish like some other cars. well made and engineered.

Not what I thought

by Driver007 from DFW on Wed Nov 15 2017

This is my 5th bmw and the first one which I am negative on. I just purchased a convertible M240 2018 to replace my M235 2014. This car looks good but the performance is noticeably decreased. It has prominent turbo lag and the steering is dumbed down. It has what bmw calls vss or variable steering which takes all of the sporty feel out of the steering. It feels like a Lexus which l guess they are trying to copy. Buyers beware.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Enjoyable Vehicle EVER

by Norman K and Caryn G from Nashville TN on Wed Oct 18 2017

Professional, Efficient, Genuine and SPOT ON. Kudos to BMW of Silver Spring, MD!! Highly recommend them for a BMW purchase/lease. We drove from Nashville, TN to conduct business with this dealership because of the excellent reception we got when inquiring about the vehicle we were interested in. We will certainly conduct business with them again in the future and highly recommend anyone looking to get a BMW to go out of the way and drive to this dealership. You will be very satisfied. Call Salesman ANDY ALEXIS, SR! He is very knowledgeable and experienced in the BMW line. He's your guy for the transaction!!