Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 M3

2004 BMW M3

2004 BMW M3

Have You Driven the 2004 BMW M3?

LOVE the M3 SMG! BEST car I've EVER owned!

by LUVMYBEEMER! from California on Sun Apr 12 2009

I've owned a BMW 330 which was nice... an AUDI S4 which was OK... infinity which was blah... then I fell into a deal with a 2004 BMW M3 convertible while searching for a 2006 BMW 330 w/ performance pkg. Since I knew there werent any changes from 04-06 I decided to take a chance on it and buy the 2004 M3. All I can say is WOW!! The first few days were a little jumpy with the smg (I almost had a heart attack jumping through an intersection the first day) but once I got the feel of the smg I absolutely LOVED it!! This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven! I've had it for 4 years and never had a problem! I couldn't wait to see the new M3 come out but was completely disappointed with the new V8 version and new (non-impressive) body style. I LOVE the agressive look of the 04-06 M3 and LOVE the driving experience even more! If you are looking for an AMAZING car you cant go wrong with the 2004-2006 M3! Just hold on... this machine has POWER!

Love the M3

by M Crazy from Virginia on Wed Jun 22 2011

I have a 2004 M3 coupe and live to drive it in my free time. Handling is nice and tight and the engine always seems eager to please. Sport mode is a dream and will deliver every joule to from the engine to the tires. Not the car to drive cross country but it is the car to take to the track or the back roads.

What a MACHINE!!!

by Rocket Man from N Myrtle Beach, SC on Sat Jun 18 2011

I've had Corvettes, Z's, etc and this M3 Convertible blows them all away! SMG is great for versatility. Performance cannot be described IF you've never driven an M series. A real HEAD-TURNER too!!!

Can't beat the price for the performance!

by Jetpilot5 from Houston, Tx on Fri Sep 16 2011

Bought my 04 coupe with 79000miles for 19k from a dealer there was a leak in the diff and rattling from the front turns out it was a seal and some bushings 700$ to fix but everything else was mechanically sound. After that was fixed you hang on for dear life the performance is unbelievable. The ride is stuff like a race car but afterall it is a track car right? Also there isn't alot of space to put things you would normally have room for like in a sedan. Overall fantastic machine. Maintenance will bite you if you get a lemon. Lots of cars with frame damage so be careful. Very glad I chose this over the rx8

Best car I've ever owned

by bblazek from Iowa on Tue Aug 03 2010

This car is just awesome. My only negatives are the cost of tires, no spare tire, and I had problems with paint flaking off the plastic portions of the interior, and the onboard computer/navigation is hard to negotiate while driving. This car is not lacking in the performance department. The acceleration is phenominal and it takes corners like it's on a rail. The 6 speed manual trans is a must. Also the back seat is good sized and will fit a car seat so it's easier to convince the wife.

M3 Convertible for fun

by Corvette Johnny from Northern VA on Sat Jan 18 2014

I bought a 2004 M3 conv. for a fun car to drive on the nicer days of the year. I already drive an 09 Caddy CTSV, so this car is slower but still a lot of fun. I have started to replace a couple of wear and tear items to bring this completely stock car back to original condition. Shifting is brisk and natural. Car feels composed over bumps and road imperfections. The balance is excellent. I feel in control, almost connected to the road. I can imagine the coupe is even better. As for the engine, I love it. It is not overpowering and provides direct/linear power. I drove an '14 Audi Q5 2.0T the other day and I immediatley noticed how much the Q5 lacked linear power delivery. The power button changes the throttle response and makes the car a little more lively. I always feel like I am driving the car (lack of computer nannies) and in complete control. Love it.

2004 E46 M3 SMG

by M3Gurl862 from WANTAGE on Sat May 12 2018

In love with this vehicle. I have owned three of them. By far my favorite car to drive and own. Lots of fun to drive and play with. Fast and furious. Plus I have the LSB color and love it. Such a beautiful well made vehicle.

2004 M3

by coochr1 from NJ on Wed Feb 01 2012

What a great car and value. Searched high and low for an E46 with low miles. Drove many performance coupes, owned G35's, E30's and newer Z's. This car demands respect. It's a velvet hammer.

Most fun to drive car I've ever owned

by harlyfan from Fresno, Ca on Sun Sep 23 2018

If you like to drive and appreciate performance this is the car. Plenty of power and handles like a dream. You will go looking for twisty mountain roads to have some fun

A true drivers car

by Roadtrip1098 from maine on Sat Oct 29 2011

I purchased my Laguna Seca Blue M3 with the SMG 6 spd. about two months ago. With 100,000 on the clock I had anticipated a few mechanical issues to arise, and of course they did. First was a water pump at $370, then a gear position sensor at $350. I did the installations myself, so no labor costs. The good: The engine revs readily to a screaming 8,000 RPM redline, the suspension is fantastic, shifts from the SMG are fast, smooth and flawless. Rear seats are surprisingly spacious. Giant trunk, rear folding seats make for generous storage capacity. The bad: There are two cup holders, one's under the center consoles armrest and it is pretty much useless. The stock exhaust gets a tinny sound at high RPMs. Overall If you're a gearhead and you haven't had one of these in your driveway yet, you owe it to yourself to get one. If you are not mechanically savvy, I'd stay away.

1 2 3