2012 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews

2012 Bmw M 3
Average based on 5 reviews

The Beast!!

by from Bradenton, FL on June 20, 2012

Got rid of my loaded 2011 550i that gave me problems and traded for the 2012 M3 loaded with the competition package and dual clutch automatic. Alpine white most gorgeous color. Had a 2010 ISF which was nice before my 550i; but overall the M3 is pure perfection and performance. Does everything right!! Get one if you can get one; not cheap but worth every penny!!! a pure 10 and in love!!!

Safest Racecar I know

by from Guaynabo, PR on January 20, 2012

Its a great car. Worth the money. Fast acceleration. Comes with great seats, or in other ways, very comportable. You'll love it!

2012 X3

by from phoenix, az on June 25, 2012

This is a new replacement for a 6 yr old 550. The engine is the 3.0 300hp. On the plus side, it is an extremely comfortable car, and when cruising I have NO complaints. The ride is smooth, interior ultra-lux, very comfortable seats, awesome sound system, low road noise level. On the bad side, there is an annoying turbo lag, and if I want to quickly accelerate in traffic, it takes a second for the turbo to spool up and give me the speed. The new transmission is an 8-speed steptronic, which I think is too many speeds. BMW sacrificed fun-to-drive for fuel efficiency. My old 6-speed steptronic 550 and 540 were much more fun to drive, and the fact that they were not turbo gave me a much greater sense of speed. The new transmission always downshifts to first gear when you stop, so you cannot start out from second unless you manually shift up to second, and the car has to be at a dead stop to get into second from first. In my 5 series cars, starting from second was the way to go, since you can go about 30 feet before having to shift up, anyway. I think that an 8 speed transmission is just too busy. I am averaging 23 mpg in combined traffic, but I would give up some of that efficiency for more fun. Once I am up to speed, it is a great vehicle. Had I the opportunity to do it over again, I would have looked for a 2010 model, while it was still 6 speeds. I guess my test drive was not long enough to really appreciate the nuances of the new transmission.

my dream car

by from miami,fl on June 1, 2012

i luv this car this car should be the only car in the freaking world omg i luv tjhis car every one should get this car!!!!!!!!!!! 5star's over all

straight to the point

by from florida on July 27, 2016

really fast car in a straight line and around the turns! i purchased the 2 door with competition package and dct transmission. definitely inspires confidence. coming out of a lexus rc coupe, the interior is plain and barbaric. this car is all about performance and very little luxury. but normal driving is smooth and with the push of the M button, ready to attack any road! have a few issues with the car, right headlight didn't work, shop is still fixing it, $2k later, still not fixed. nothing out of my pocket tho. paddle shifters don't work but the shift stalk works so I use that instead. and the driver door smart access does not work. all issues are being looked at by the dealer definitely get warranty with this car. ANYTHING on this car is expensive to fix!! even just an oil change is more than $200 I would still highly recommend this vehicle tho. it's just that much fun to drive!! and looks amazing too! you can definitely tell this apart from the normal 3 series cars. I love it