2012 BMW M3 consumer reviews

$60,100 starting MSRP
side view of 2012 M3 BMW
Explore the 2012 BMW M3
Shop the 2012 BMW M3

Most fun car I have ever owned

This car is by far the coolest car I have owned to date.Its a luxury car that can change to a fast sports car at a punch of the onboard (M) Button.The sound that comes out of the exhaust is extremely awesome.The comfort of the all Leather seats is unbeatable.Everything about this car screams Quality.

Most fun car

One of the best M’s Bmw has ever made. Mine has no problems ever. Honestly for this price they go for it is totally worth it 100%.

3.9

Love/hate relationship

I love, love, loved driving this refined beast! The sound of the V8 at 8,000rpm was music! The handling superb! Then, reality hit- common issues included lower rod bearings, motor mounts, clutch, brake rotors, throttle actuators all cost many Thousands $ each! A very high-maintenance sweetheart. If you wanna play, you must pay!

Wow! What a car

I traded in a 2015 Acura TLX with advanced package, AWD for the 2012 M3 beast. I was first skeptic thinking of tire noise, why I need it, it seems immature, why in the world I would want one, why I would not go for a later model, why I need to get this specific V8. Then I test drove it and feel in love in less than 10 seconds - that's it. Flooring the beast in M mode was the blast that I had NEVER experienced from ANY vehicle (bear in mind I have owned a 2011 550i, own a current X5 50i, and have driven many cars which claim to have the best in class performance (including the Porche 911). I can attest that this car gives ANYONE the confidence that they are a race driver. Now I now how race drivers begin their driving skills - they get into the best car which GLUES to the ground and they portray confidence. It's the car which bestows confidence - the driver just experiences the little nuances and is deft in navigating the unknown. What an experience. What a vehicle!

Really fun car

This car is everything I hoped and more. Plenty of tech, plenty of power. Easily upgradable if you have the desire to do so. You will not be disappointed.

4.1

Great car

Performance value, comfy ride, lots of power, great handling and overall performance, the electronic suspension (EDC) is really great , it turns the suspension to sport mode for track use

The Smilemaker

When the E92 M3 replaced the E46 I hated it. It seemed big and swoopy and bloated. And a big heavy V8 instead of a smooth yet raucous straight 6? How could M do such a thing? Years passed and I fell in love with the car. Yes it's a V8, but what a V8. It sounds amazing and screams to its 8400-rpm redline. The car itself is heavy but hides its weight well, and it has a ton of mechanical grip. Is it as go-kart like as the older, lighter E36? No, but it's much more powerful and a much nicer car to drive from a comfort perspective. I hope I can somehow keep this car forever. It puts a smile on my face any time I even look at it.

Beast of a motor!

I recently purchased a 2012 BMW M3 and apart from a few issues with the dealership (Seldon Motors in PA, Currently suing them for selling me a $35k car with the catalytic converter removed, so I can't get an inspection anywhere in NY nor PA for that matter) I love the car, handles and drives like it's on rails. The power is surreal and personally once I get this lawsuit out the way I can't wait to enjoy the summer with the top down!

GT3 Hunter

Amazing motor with great paneling and brakes for the street. With mild upgrades it can take a GT3 down at the track. Tremendous value with looks to match.

The Perfect Budget GT Car

The car perfectly suited for top down cruising in all conditions thanks to its incredible heating system. it's fast, sounds great, and handles perfectly for long road trips. it makes driving a joy!