NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2020 M340

2020 BMW M340

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2020 BMW M340?

Pg13 in Comfort Mode, X rated in Sport Plus.

by SixStringLuke from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Jun 03 2019

Quite simply, this car is a daily driver with a lot of “M” injected into it. More power and torque than the previous 340. Suspension and diff that are totally M pedigree and a driving experience that gives you a taste of an M car when you want it and let’s you cruise when you don’t. And the tech is a amazing! The car comes ready to roll with 4 modes - Eco pro, Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus. It also allows you to customize a combination of settings and saves them to a Sport Individual setting. Comfort is probably where you’ll be most of the time and even in that mode, the power is obvious. Put your foot down and it’ll flow to the wheels, just with more civility and the ride is smooth as silk. Put it in Sport Plus and all of a sudden the car becomes a beast and sounds like one too! All that torque is now waiting to be released by your right foot and the exhaust pops menacingly when you get your fill and ease off the throttle. The steering adapts to your setting and speed. Tightening up in sport mode and is more responsive as your speed increases. The interior is a great place to be. The cabin is quiet and refined. Far more than my previous 2016 328i. The new idrive system is pretty intuitive and the touch screen is quick to respond and easy to customize. I chose the black Vernasca leather with contrast stitching for my car as an option but test drove a model with the standard SensaTech and it actually felt great and quite luxurious to the touch so I feel you can’t lose either way. I would freely admit that this is not a fully fledged M car. But for me, it’s the best of both worlds. You can drive this car every day and BMW’s ridiculously good straight 6 engine is going to get you amazing gas mileage in the Eco Pro and Comfort settings. But when it’s there’s some clear road in front of you and you want to open her up, there’s more than enough power and torque to get your heart pumping and your face smiling! I really love mine and I’m very happy when I’m driving it.

Clark Kent to Superman at the press of a button

by JDBMW from Boston, MA on Mon Jul 29 2019

After four prior BMWs, (7 series, two 5 series and my last one a 6 series Gran Coupe), I am happy to report that the new 2020 M340iX is by far the most enjoyable BMW to date. Easy and quiet to drive around town in the default Comfort Mode, but just push the button for Sport or Sport + and the car transforms into a sub 4 second 0-60 monster. My car came loaded with virtually every option, including the adaptive suspension and M-performance non-run flat tires and wheel package, which I'm sure explains the tremendous grip and handling. The icing on the cake is the dramatic improvement in the cabin quality and technology content with the new iDrive 7.0. The voice recognition and gesture control is truly amazing compared to the 3 year old loaded 6 series I traded in. Ambient lighting, great seats, and a fantastic HK stereo make this a better car in virtually every way.

The best choice I ever made!

by Vee from Milwaukee, wi on Tue May 14 2019

From switching over from a Mercedes amg to this... words can not describe how happy I am! I can’t find not one thing wrong with this car! So happy with my choice. The power and reaction is amazing!

BMW does it again with a new great redesign

by KpM340i from Dalton,GA on Thu Jun 27 2019

BMW has out done them selves with this new redesign of the 2020 M340I! My first car was a BMW and we have purchased this car for our son’s first car which that is exciting in itself ,but as a family always having BMWs this particular one has been exceptionally special! The engineering of this car,it’s fun,it’s good Lookin,it’s classy and it’s quick! We purchased it from the great people at BMW of Austin I would highly recommend them and I would highly recommend having your BMW delivered to the BMW Performance Center and Spartanburg South Carolina that experience was unbelievable . The next time we buy car it will be a BMW and we will purchase it again from BMW Austin!