2007 M5

2007 BMW M5

2007 BMW M5

Have you driven the 2007 BMW M5?

great used car value

by 88 from South Florida on Thu Mar 25 2010

I was looking for a used, comfortable 4 door sports car, manual transmission. Considered M-3, M-5, 535i, Audi, AMG C class - there really aren't too many out there; very hard to find many models that were loaded with manual transmissions. Did not consider new cars, eliminating CTSV, Panamera, Jag XFR - too expensive. M-5 was the one for me given the cost, size and performance. Only thing I don't like is that it is a real gas hog with a smallish gas tank, limiting my range and causing too many trips to the gas station. Love the active and ventilated seats, like the speedo in the windshield, the car size is perfect, great sound, still has 18 months full maintenance and warranty. Huge trunk - I was surprised. I am learning to exist with I-drive, might even tell you I like it one day. I do like the Bluetooth, Nav and 20 way seats. Nice tranny and clutch feel. When you kick in the 500HP (runs normally at "only" 400HP) it is a real beast. I previously owned an E-39 M5 which was, until now, the best sports sedan I ever drove. We have had 19 BMW's - about half M's (I traded in an M-Coupe on this car). This car leans more to the luxury side than the other M's, but that works for me at this stage of my life.

I LOVE this car!

by BMW Owner from Des Moines, IA on Thu Mar 29 2007

The 2007 Bmw M5 is one of the most dependable, reliable, comfortable luxury car on the planet. The new Mercedes-Benz and Audi cars can NOT compare!

FASTEST BMR IVE OWNED

by BMW LOVER from ROCKFORD, IL on Sun Aug 29 2010

LOVE THE CAR. IT WILL DO ANYTHING YOU ASK IT TO DO EXCEPT DRIVE BY A FUELING STATION IF DRIVEN EVEN MODERATELY. BUT, YOU DON'T BUY A CAR LIKE THIS FOR ITS FUEL CONSUMPTION. YOU BUY IT BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE BEST CARS IN THE WORLD. YOU CAN DRIVE IT TO THE OPERA ON FRIDAY AND RACE ANYTHING OUT THERE ON SATURDAY. ITS A BLAST TO DRIVE.

NOTHING LIKE THE ///M5

by Speed Demon from New Jersey on Tue Jan 01 2008

i just got my M5 2 months ago and i love it. I hit the pedal and real world stops and demons unleash... this it my 2nd M5 and like the first one its a stick-shift with a few german goodies under the hood witch makes it even more fun to drive. trust me, this car is for somebody who wants to feel like a kid and a man at the same time. So stop thinking and buy this monster.

Never missed a car after vacation.

by Speed from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Tue Mar 11 2008

I get home from a vacation, and after being away from my car, I get in it every time, and say, "i missed my car." The seats are very comfortable, the power is addictive, and I have cured my need to buy a Porsche. The navigation with traffic info is invaluable. The heads up display has been a surprisingly great feature (no polarized sunglasses, but I got over that). Run out and buy one, and you will be impressed.

The most amazing car ever made.

by impailer from Florence, KY on Mon Aug 21 2017

By far the most amazing car that I've owned in the past and now I am chomping at the bit to get another one. Tons of performance from the 507 HP V-10 under the hood and LAUNCH CONTROL will take you to 60 in under 4.5 seconds with some nice tires. The interior is so wonderful from air cooled/heated seats, an I-Drive system with tons of personal settings that I loved. Also automatic and power everything inside and a HEADS UP DISPLAY! The magnetic ride will instantly stiffen your ride for tackling those sharp turns with ease, sometimes you forget your in a big 4000 lb four door sedan. I loved this car to death and regret getting rid of her. Some of her downsides were she is a petrol HOG, like majorly! I averaged 9 mpg no matter what I tried, IAW whether I drove her like I stole her or if I drove her like a grandma, she loves gas. Also she loves her oil, an not just any grade but 9 quarts of 10W-60 which isn't the easiest oil to pull off of the shelf. The high compression engine burns through about a quart of oil every 3 months so expect that too. All in all though the car is worth it and I forsee this being a collector car one day because she was built in limited quantities and they are getting harder and harder to find.

Best Sports Sedan. Period.

by TruthTeller from Los Angeles on Wed Mar 14 2007

Fantastic overall vehicle. Get the 6-Speed manual transmission and skip the SMG. All the hoohah about the I-drive is nonsense. You set the navigation for a new location when you are parked, previous locations take one button push. Plus the navigation tells you when there is traffic ahead and offers a detour! Because you are busy driving the car, you just use the excellent voice recognition system. Say "cd", it turns the cd on, Say "dial Bob" it dials Bob's number and puts it through the speaker (bluetooth cell phone). All the necessary buttons for A/C, volume, etc. are at your fingertips. This car is the best of both worlds, comfortable to drive around town, seating for 5, beautiful to look at, but hit the M button and you are embarrassing Porsches at every stop light.

The best car ever

by peter from Los Angeles,CA on Sun Nov 25 2012

If you wanna buy a used M5 check the engine if it's mixing oil and water. if you wanna see it yourself. remove the engine oil cap. you'll see some mayonnaise. If you find some mayonnaise that means the engine will need to be replaced.

Thriller

by Mogas from TX on Mon Oct 10 2011

I have a V10 M5 for more than a year. Its high millage but has been looked after. Problems: Alternator went $1200, Shift paddle switch broke $535, suspension bushes were cracked $1100. Niggles appart this is a tremendous car, fantastic to drive. The engine is a gem, the interior is excellent the seats superb, the handling is sublime. Can be heavy on fuel if used, and can wear out rear tires pretty quick. SMG3 gearbox a bit clunky at lower speeds, nowhere near as smoth as traditional auto. But worth it.

my put to this car .

by car expert from califorina on Sat Apr 14 2012

I work for the german bmw hQ and I loved seeing it in produntion.I have a blue one and I loved it ..

1 2