2009 M6

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Car

by Driven from Bay Area, CA on October 12, 2015

Ive driven mine for 6 years both as a daily driver and for long hauls. I will admit, on a long trip, my back can get a bit sore, but the car is effortless to drive. In town, the performance/shift patterns can be a bit too aggressive as I never found one that worked from stop light to stop light. However, I have also not had any of the negative issues with the SMG. In fact, I like it a great deal! It does take some learning to get used too and involves more driver interaction than most automatics, but I would have another one anytime. Low maintenance driver. Not so good on gas mileage, but that might be the driver....

Great car with a few "but"

by New owner from Phoenix, AZ on October 19, 2009

This is a great car with a luxurious interior and effortless acceleration. The ?Bangle? rear takes some getting use to but after a while, it blends in with the rest of the car and actually looks nice. The SMG transmission gets a lot of negative reviews but it is much better (IMHO) than the 6 speed manual. In wide open space or cities with minimal traffic, the manual would outshine the SMG (and I would choose it in a heartbeat). But in congested big city traffic, the manual is a pain in the bottom to drive because the M6 is such a big coupe to lug around town in stop-and-go traffic. My advice to you if you are planning to buy one and not sure which transmission to get: drive both. My local BMW dealer let me drive each one for an entire day and in the end, I chose the SMG.