2018 X1

4.9 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

Great car - second X1 I've leased

by antonio.dc1 from PARK CITY on February 13, 2018

Love the style, handles well - more like a car - and the 228 turbo engine is great in sports mode which gives the car extra kick. Interior is classy and comfortable especially with the sports seats. Storage is pretty good for every day use groceries, etc. and with the back seats folded down it picks up double the space. Great traction in snow as well.

I love this vehicle!

by OneLMichele from SF Bay Area on February 18, 2018

This is the 5th BMW I’ve leased (from Kevin Thomas at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, if you happen to be in the Bay Area, don’t go anywhere else). My previous vehicles were all sedans. This is my first SUV, and I’m in love. I really enjoy sitting up higher. I feel in total command. The huge sunroof is really cool. I had a 328i, and this is essentially the same size. I think only a few inches different. But the use of space is entirely different, of course. I can fit a lot into the back! And it has a nifty hidden area at the bottom of the trunk. Since this is my first SUV, I didn’t feel like I had to make a big adjustment in terms of getting used to driving it.

Nice Ultimate driving machine

by Siva on June 25, 2018

Nice on road performance, leather seats, smooth drive. Driving this car after driving Toyota Corolla is awesome. Also these cars are very good on highways.

Superb engineering build quality thoughtful design

by SoccerMan from New York suburb on May 30, 2018

Surprising amount of room, flawless handling, corners like a sedan. Commanding on the road as it eats up miles. Phenomenal MPG, sprightly engine, revs freely. Excellent driving dynamics. Strong acceleration and deceleration. Neutral weight distribution, powerful braking. HUD, LED lights etc. Rear leg and shoulder room almost beyond belief. Brilliant in conception and execution

Wonderful choice as my first BMW

by MadyH from Bowie, MD on March 2, 2018

After driving a full size SUV for a few years, but ready to downsize and not ready to sacrifice space, the BMW X1 is the perfect choice for me. It has all the options I wanted for safety and convenience. Love the exterior/interior color combo. Yes, it requires high octane gas but the Econ mode helps conserve fuel. Then again, I also like the Sport option which gives the car extra pick up for when I need it. I've wanted a BMW for a long time, and now I have it!

Great mini SUV, even as a base FWD model.

by pressyourluck444 from Indianapolis, IN on July 10, 2018

Great sub compact SUV for a single guy like me. Responsive engine, simple but classy interior, and a bargain given I got the basic model with FWD--no sunroof which I'd never open, or other options that would had little value to me. Sometimes the basic version is the best. FWD is just fine for Indiana winters, so I didn't have to spend another $2,000 on xDrive. My one gripe is the seats. Midway through the 2018 model year they did change the front seats to make them more acceptable instead of what they tried to pass off as seats previously, however, they are still a bit narrow. Bad part is I would have had to get the first option package to then get the sport seats. I was not going to pay an extra $2,200 for the opportunity to spend another $500 for better seats. While a little narrow, the improved base seats are reasonable. Otherwise, this car is everything I need.

My first SUV

by Fit and fabulous from Fairfield Township on June 4, 2018

Prior to owning the X1, I had a BMW 328. I had the 328xi serviced in March and they gave me an X1 as a loaner. Needless to say that I fell in love with it. I absolutely loved the ease of getting in the vehicle as well as how I was able to see the road at a better vantage point. I also liked how it felt like a sedan in the interior.

Ultimate Performance BMW

by JacquelineE (luvmylab) from Houston, TX on June 28, 2018

I bought this car in consideration of my senior Labrador dog to get in and out of the car without having to pick her up compared to the SUV BMW version. It?s the perfect size, reliable and most of all performance is excellent for my needs and lifestyle.

I made the right choice!!

by BMWFAN from CT on March 26, 2018

This small SUV hugs the road, feels safe, reliable and in control. I used to own a Mini which is BMW basically... it reminds me of the great drive I had with that car. Leg room A+, visibility A+, cargo room is perfect for my needs. The technical equipment is great as far as phone pairing, radio and bluetooth capabilities. Instrument panel is easy...love the auto sensor wipers and panorama sun roof! Gas mileage on par with vehicles i've had in the past and it works for me.

Love my new car

by Sailor from Danville, CA on November 14, 2017

The X1 is a joy to drive. Excellent 360 visibility. Dashboard is "quiet" but detailed. It does not distract from driving. The car is quiet. Gets up to speed quickly - hugs the road. The headlights provide excellent visibility at night. I love the heads up display. The navigation system is excellent and provides real time traffic.

out of 5 starsReliability

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4