2005 Bmw X 3

BMW X3

by from Chicago on August 30, 2017

Great car - have had for 4 years and it's been great to drive. Good in all weather and terrains. Currently selling now that I live in the city.

The best car i ever had. And i had alots of cars.

by from Los angeles,ca on August 10, 2017

This car is very good SUV, for family or just by your self. Smooth ride. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW X3 the real machine

by from Hawthorne on April 25, 2017

Best driving in the snow 3.0 best engine good sunroof, power transmission one of the best awd ultimate machine.

Awesome

by from Reno, NV on March 15, 2014

We love this car!! A blast to drive, the next one I will buy brand new! Going to give this one to our daughter!!

Lights !! IMMEDIATE ACTION!!

by from on December 1, 2013

Almost every indicator light has come on since I purchased this vehicle. The ABS BRAKE INDICATOR AND 4X4 INDICATOR CAME ON ,ALONG WITH THE REAR Tail light SENSOR. I was told the Transfer Case was in need of replacing. (very expensive). When I went online I discovered that part has been an issue in several X3's. I belIeve this should have been a recalled part..Other than that, nice car.

I Like

by from Austin, Tx on July 26, 2013

Overall this is a great vehicle. My only issue is that it isn't very good on gas, but I use it as my 2nd vehicle, so I don't drive it everyday. The performance, design and comfort is great.

Ultimate Machine

by from Dayton, OHIO on November 14, 2012

This 2005 X3 is really an ultimate machine, i got this Vehicle for over a 100miles age but still runs like a brand new. On a vehicle for that kind of miles age on it would be feels differently but this one is so amazing that still feels like a brand new. Next time when i get new BMW i will try to buy a brand new one, and surely it will stays with me forever and maybe giving it to my grand kids.. That's how Ultimate Machine this is..

First BMW

by from Milwaukee, WI on February 1, 2012

Great car overall. Handles exceptionally well in snow or wet roads. Features and quality of interior is great.

Outstanding

by from Cape Coral, Florida on April 18, 2009

It is hard to say what I like best about the X3. I love the performance and handling.The all wheel drive system makes for a very confident driving experience. The comfort is great compared to the other vehicles in this class. I find the ride smooth (better than my 325i with the sport package, but not as smooth as my 525i) and the higher driving position is great on the road. Gas mileage is better than I thought, averaging 21 mpg (with the air conditioning on all of the time) around town. Another great feature is the size, not so huge that it takes two parking spaces but small enough to fit in the garage. With the rear seats folded there is plenty of hauling room. The X3 does what it is designed to do, and does it perfectly. I would buy another without hesitation.

Sold on the X3

by from St. Paul, MN on January 21, 2009

We have owned a '05 X3 3.0i for about 7 months. Overall in one simple word, WOW. If you are considering this on your list, then drive one. This drives like a sports car with regards to confidence, balance, braking, and handling. Acceleration may not be a muscle car, but pretty powerful and balanced up and downshifts. But unlike the typical sports car that only provides balance performance in dry conditions, this one always excels. Dry, wet, snow, or ice, it is really amazing. The AWD and Stability Control, along with the weight balance of this vehicle, makes the driving so stable. It is like a sports car blended with an SUV. Check out the performance specs at Consumer Reports, and you'll see handling, emergency handling, and braking in the same league as sports sedans, like BMW 3, Acura TL. Gas mileage is decent for a car with this weight (4K) and performance (about 18-20 in town and mid to upper 20's on the hwy. Minnesota winter city driving drops to ~14 mpg). Finally, roomy backseat, low insurance cost, wireless hookup to radio for using cell phone, stadium lighting headlights, and a heated steering wheel (thought this was a gimmicky bell and whistle; Now? I would give up the heated seats before the heated wheel!) Any Negatives: Yes, some small annoyances. 1) Single, dash mounted power lock switch (have to reach over past the steering wheel or get in to open other doors if you don't have the FOB). 2) Speaking of the FOB, unless dealer installed, these cars don't have alarms (in Minneapolis, that is nearly 100% of them), which means there is no panic button or any horn chirp to confirm locks. Dealer installed option is ~$500 3) No MP3 jack?? 4) The HUGE sunroof can often rattle. 5) The brake dust is overbearing (creates A LOT, and hard to clean). 6) Heater/AC fan occasionally squeaks. 7) No body side molding, leaving doors exposed to parking lot dings (only one now, but seems vulnerable). One last comment. In winter and wet driving you need to be deliberate in keeping speed down since the car seems to handle hazardous conditions so well (most of the time, it is nearly immune). And it does handle it VERY WELL, but all moving vehicles have a limit (we just haven't pushed the X3 to its limit. Our limit is much less than its).

Our Expert Review: 2005 Bmw X 3