2014 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

2014 Bmw X 3
Average based on 10 reviews

X3

by from CT on August 18, 2014

We were looking for a slightly smaller SUV (wife's car) than the X5 we had. We tested Audi Q5 (nice but generic and poor back seat feel & quality), Acura MDX (nice, but no folding mirrors??? and still pretty big), MB ML (too big and truck like), MB GLK (too small and cheap feeling). Then back to the BMW dealer. We hadn't driven the X3 until we did all the others and it was like, wow. No brainer. We got the 3.5xi but frankly it's overkill (and I'm a car nut that drives a BMW 435 M-Sport). This SUV is a rocket and drives really nicely (5.3 seconds 0-60 in an SUV?!!?). If you don't need a 3rd row, it has a lot of space. In fact, we can barely tell it has less room than the old X5. Magic.

Sporty SUV

by from Midwest on September 30, 2016

X3 28 loaded with every option. Fun and sporty to drive. Comfortable seating with excellent entry and exit space. Leather upholstery is superior. Gas milage excellent. Airbag safety technology a deciding purchase factor. Run flats have been replaced producing a smoother ride. The voice navigation spot on. We are satisfied and delighted with this BMW! Would highly recommend your consideration of owning one of these babies.

What a blast to drive

by from Middlefield, OH on February 1, 2014

Absolutely love my 2014 xDrive 28i. Fun to drive, quiet, a lot of zip for a 4 cyl engine, great fuel economy. Who could ask for more. Yeah their expensive but once you get over the sticker shock,they are an incredible car. Had a couple of fuel injectors that failed and the dealership replaced them all no questions asked and said they did not want anyone to have a bad BMW experience. Excellent factory support.

BMW X3 2014-Great Purchase!

by from Chicago on July 17, 2014

I love my new car, it has so many great features! I previously owned an X5 but decided to get something more compact so I decided on an X3. The car is great on gas, the design makes it feel like you are in a cockpit with the iDrive, voice activation, big screen navigation display, it has an internal hard drive, stores my music, my contacts, etc. I can go on and on with the features! Leather seats, smooth drive. It's worth every dollar, luxury and safety is what I found with this car!

Amazing car

by from on May 5, 2013

Awesome car I love it, it has great handling and is very safe. I like all the safety features in it.

Saved Our Lives

by from Chicago, IL on March 9, 2014

This car is great. The 35i motor runs strong. The XDrive AWD works great. Never slipped in these Chicago winters. Cabin is super quiet, with creaks and rattles over harsh pavement. We were recently involved in a rear end collision and it saved our lives. We were on the highway and at a stop. A truck plowed into the back of the car. The airbags and seatbelt tensioners kicked in immediately-as they should. BMW SOS called the authorities when the airbags went off. Everyone walked away from the accident, only sore necks. The navigation system works perfectly. Reliability has been spot on. Always starting in cold weather. The car is expensive, but we heavily optioned the car out. The design is a little bland. (Nowhere near as interesting as Range Rover Evoque 5 door). The 35i engine is a monster. We love our X3!!!

Great car but price is high

by from on July 19, 2013

We love the car and the 35i is a little monster on the road but indeed the price for this vehicle really adds up.

2014 BMW X3 Review

by from New York on December 14, 2013

Car handles great. Ride is comfortable. No issues have have surfaced after 900 miles. Controls took a little getting used to. The start stop feature is annoying, but there is a button to turn it off.

So far, so good! Love this car!

by from Boston on March 23, 2014

Bought this in November and traded in my Lexus RX400. This is by far a lot more fun to drive, a lot more responsive, and the 28i is plenty for me. Best part of this car is that it's both fun to drive as well as practical. I waffled between this and the 328i, but living in Boston with all of its bumpy potholes often feels like driving in a covered wagon. I like the design of the dash much more than that of the competition, and am still getting used to all of the available choices with the customizable options. Overall, I feel like I made a very good decision!

Check Engine light

by from Fullerton, CA on December 29, 2014

Got the Car Brand New, Car was great up to 6,000 miles, then check engine light came on, and has been on for over 3 months now. BMW doesn't seem to know what is wrong with the car, they keep replacing parts after parts but the light still comes on. There is a known issue with this model but they haven't been able to come up with a solutions or pin point the problem. beware, it is a GREAT CAR, but it does have skeletons in the trunk.