2015 X3

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Wonderful car

by cj from Mashpee, MA on July 25, 2017

The BMW X3 is a fantastic car to drive. The xdrivei28 engine is only 4 cylinders but offers amazing torque and responsiveness. The ride is comfortable and the interior fit and finish is beautiful. It can fit 5 people comfortably. It performs very well in inclement weather including snow. This is truly a joy to drive.

A Nice Surprise of a Vehicle -

by squiddave from Kentucky on February 18, 2018

I was looking for all wheel drive, great milage, and something sporty. The BMW X3 Diesel has far exceed expectations. I am seeing 33mpg around town, and up to 36.5mpg on the freeway. Very happy with the BMW so far.

Very sporty and fun to drive

by Ray from Punta Gorda Florida on March 23, 2015

First BMW we have owned enjoying the experience. Many nice features the X-drive28i is state of the art. Takes a little time to learn but worth the effort

Fun to drive

by mbhoag from West Des Moines, IA on September 20, 2017

Great car, lots of gadgets, fast starts and stops, very quick! Would be nice if some of the options such as rear hatch would open and close using the remote. Would also be nice if car this fancy had remote start.

Most exciting drive

by Family from Baltimore, MD on October 24, 2014

We bought the 2015 X3 xDrive diesel version as we were looking for better mileage than our current vehicles. This is our first diesel and first BMW car and we are very happy with it. Good features , very useful and good economy -- We drive lots of highway miles-- X3 Diesel gives 35 MPG. We traded an Acura MDX which did give good service but BMW is more exciting to drive and very catchy exterior. The other vehicle we looked at was Lexus Rx 450 -- a hybrid. BMW offers free service for 4 years and that is another big benefit --

X3 vs GLK

by X3 vs GLK from Overseas on April 6, 2015

Good price. I had a GLK with spare tire and X3 has run flats, the GLK had more storage space what happened? Gave up 28 HP from GLK (268) to X3 (240) and you can really tell. X3 lift gate does NOT close with key or from drivers door, the GLK did. Do like the stero system better on the X3. Speedometer layout in GLK was much better. If I had it to do again not sure if I would have bought the X3.

Not thoroughly impressed

by Calibimmer from Newport, CA on June 1, 2015

My wife compared the new X3 to Lexus and the Mercedes GLA250 and went with the X3 due to a competitive price, needless to say, she is not thrilled with it. It looks nice from the exterior and is just the right size for her and our two children but the ride is uncomfortable and is under-powered. We have had minor problems with it, and nothing BMW didn't pick up the cost for but with such a new vehicle I would have expected not to have any hiccups till around 50k miles. We did a 2 year lease and will be going in a different direction next time around.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best car I have ever owned

by Love BMW from Minneapolis, MN on January 3, 2015

I purchased this car in June 2015 and drove it on several long summer trips. The car handled beautifully and rides quietly. The 2.0 turbo charged engine provides plenty of power. I found the ride comfortable. The car holds the road and makes driving fun. So far I haven't experienced any mechanical or electrical issues. It has a great sound system. It took several months to master all the electronic features but well worth it. If you live in a cold climate I strongly suggest purchasing the cold weather package. There is nothing like heated seats and steering wheel on a cold winter's day. I love the car exterior styling. The only draw back is the small rear windows makes it a bit more difficult when backing the vehicle. I would buy this car again and again.

Not Impressed

by Disappointed in Edmonton from Edmonton, Alberta on October 16, 2015

I have had my 2015 X3 28d for just under a year now. Two weeks after bringing it home there was a central control that failed and needed to be replaced. That required the dealership having my car for over 4 weeks. Most recently I took the car in for its first servicing (oil change). At the same time the dealership attempted to update some programming. They ran into problems and ended up having to replace the power steering rack, again my car with the dealer for two weeks. Given the car is less than one year old and with only 10K km, I would not expect so many problems. This compounded by the difficulty I have had with the dealership is why I am giving an overall 3 star rating. This is my first BMW product and will be my last.

Ideal senior's vehicle

by Eaglesview from Vancouver Island on November 11, 2016

At 50,000 km vehicle has been flawless. Don't care for the run flat tires. Wish I had ordered the sport seats for better lateral support and seat bottom extension. Really like headsup display, handling, engine transmission match, fuel economy, styling.

1 2 3 4