2017 X3

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Dream car for my wife

by Andre from Campbell, CA on March 17, 2017

New X3 is a bit larger than it's used to be in the past and we like it. Ride is comfortable and quiet, perfect for long trips. Handles the snow easily. Plenty of power, expected mileage, not bad at all for an SUV. Absolutely gorgeous inside with brown leather. All technology is there but I'd say a bit cumbersome to access with a dial stick - no touchscreen. Great sound. Navigation is OK, spot on, but doesn't adjust to route changes as easy as some others. Overall my wife is very happy and it helps her to feel great after a long day in the office.

Love this car! Small but powerful and fun to drive

by Susie C from Charlotte, NC on May 17, 2017

I have always driven the BMW 5 series and loved them. I was nervous to try an X3 , but was happily surprised at the room, power, and comfort in the newer models.

Excellent choice of a SUV

by MAUI Bob from Norwell, MA on August 18, 2017

This car is the third X3 that I have either owned or leased and thus far the best in terms of safety and appearance. It's not as peppy as my 2015 was, but that had the 6 cylinder engine - it certainly has more than enough power, pick-up and speed. The handling is typical excellent BMW handling. The advanced safety features are what I'm appreciating most, since I have a better sense of security when driving it than I have had with any other car I have owned or leased (or rented when trips) - and that goes back for more than 60 years. The styling of the 2017 X3 has improved over my 2015. From what I've seen of and heard about the 2018 X3, it didn't make sense to wait several months for it, based on its obvious higher cost and its expected marginal improvements/advantages. We compared the X3 to a Mercedes GLC-300 and found the X3 to be superior in many ways that count. The Mercedes supposedly was manufactured "better" than the BMW, but we found in our test drives, that there was a serious air leak at the top of the passenger side front window and the workmanship on the dashboard was of borderline quality. The 2017 BMW X3 handles "like a BMW" - meaning you have an excellent feel for the car and for the road - a good solid sense the you are in control and the car responds to what you want/ask it to do. The 2017 is a good looking, great driving example of BMW engineering.

Deam car

by Dreamer from Anaheim, CA on March 27, 2017

BMX X3 has good performance and very confortable for drive. The design is beatiful and the size is decent for single or couple.

BMW X3

by travldc from Chicago, IL on April 29, 2017

Awesome car - beautiful color. Lover the mocha interior. Rides like a dream and handles like a sports car

Good so far!

by Lurcat from on May 4, 2017

Nice car...worth the money...has been reliable so far. My wife really enjoys driving and all available features. I like the idrive user interface.

Still the best car co

by robert from Wrightsville Beach on April 15, 2018

Great suv for comfort, fuel efficiency (28 MPG around town)and style. Love the heads-up display and park assist. Super quiet and well mannered. Great interior and cargo space.

I love my new car

by Ted and Becky from Whitewater Wisconsin on April 13, 2017

It is so stylish and sporty, great lines and the comfort is awesome. I am petite and the BMW X.3 fits me perfectly

2017 BMW X3 xDrive281i is AWESOME!

by LiveWhileYou'reAlive from RI on November 22, 2016

Let me first say that I've had this car less than 2 weeks, so I can't really speak to reliability & things of that nature. I wasn't ready to buy this car outright, never having had a BMW before, so got into a 3 yr lease. This BMW will definitely not be my last. The technology in this car is amazing. I mean, Jetsons amazing. I got the NAV, Appleplay, heated front seats, moonroof & driver's assistance. The heated front seats are my favorite since I really don't like hot air blowing in my face & these keep you toasty warm with 3 different settings. I can't imagine ever needing the warmest setting! If I had to skip something, I think it would be the NAV, since GoogleMaps on my iPhone can do basically the same thing, but it is nice having the navigation on & the radio or a CD or my iTunes playing at the same time as the navigation is talking me through turns in the background. (Apparently the NAV can give you real time traffic info too, but I haven't turned that feature on yet since I'm in a low traffic area & not in a big rush.) That said, there is a definite learning curve to all this amazing technology if you are a first time BMW owner. I figure I'll get it all figured out in a year or so! There are so many options that can be personalized, apparently even the amount & width of lumbar support in the driver's seat(!) The seats are comfortable as is, so again, I haven't taken the time to figure that one out. I would recommend watching the BMW videos on the various features if you get this car. They'll give you the basics. The owner's manual is pretty much useless. A good flow diagram of the various systems would do wonders, but I haven't been able to turn one up as of yet. The ride is smooth & extremely quiet unless you have the heat fan blasting. This is also my first automatic car, so I'm getting used to that as well. My manual transmission vehicles have all seemed much quicker from a stop, but I was a fairly aggressive manual transmission driver & am not nailing the accelerator pedal in this car by any means. All in all, I can see why one pays a premium for a vehicle like this. It is worth it. I also test drove a Honda all wheel drive Touring CRV (their top of the line) & there is absolutely no comparison.

X3 X-Line

by Happy Bummer Owner from Houston,TX on July 13, 2016

Recently purchased a 2017 X3 with X-Line trim. Had a 2013 X3 prior. We loved the 13 model but much more impressed with the 2017. Seats are much more comfortable & the mid cycle facelift makes it more luxurious looking. Received our build 17 days from ordering.

1 2 3 4 5 6