2021 BMW X3 consumer reviews

Explore the 2021 BMW X3
Shop the 2021 BMW X3
3.9

Mixed Feelings

I love the car and at the same time I can't help to hate it. What I love about the car would be the luxurious interior, comfortable and quiet cabin, smooth ride, ease of access, and a few extra features that were put in as an add-on. What I don't like about this car would be the poor fuel economy for the 30i model, especially when compared to the B-58 engine. Apple carplay connection issues, no option for remote start unless I want to void warranty, and no option for the iDrive Recorder App. Exterior Styling - 8.5/10 Interior Styling - 9/10 Comfort - 9.5/10 Cargo space - 8.5/10 Driving smoothness - 9.5/10 Horsepower - 7/10 Fuel Economy - 3/10 It's been an overall fun car to get around in. It's easy to get in and out of, smooth on bumpy roads, and it is quiet. The fact that only 2022 models and newer offer remote start and iDrive recorder is a big disappointment. But I think my biggest disappointment would be the fuel economy. As I had the B-58 in the past and averaged out 11.5L/100km and in this X3 am averaging 13.5/100km which was worse than my pick up truck. I might not keep this car for long-term just because of how poor the fuel economy is.

2.7

The BM on BMW actually stands for Big Myth :/

They perform ok until 30,000 miles, (with very good luck). After then, money pit! Once they break; that’s it. They come out of the shop (dealer), and in a few weeks the same thing breaks; conclusion: BMW’s are not reparable, and they break very early in their life. This is my 5th BMW and I am definitely taking a break. Not to mention the horrible resale value! My hard head finally understood that BMW’s are the ultimate frustrating machine!

1.9

BMW's Abomination

Driving this vehicle is very exhausting as it wants to wander all over the road BUT BMW's service department "experts" say it is operating as designed. If this is true then it is a poorly designed vehicle!

Excellent Car

I love that BMW makes a mid size suv that is part electric now. We purchased the x3 edrive. I do mostly local driving during the week so only need to fill up with gas once a month to every six weeks. Excellent car!

Best Purchase for the Value and Cost

The BMW X3 is not a crossover that should be ignored. It is more than I expected coming from someone who has owned a 3 Series BMW for the last 6 years. Now I ask myself, why didn't I opt for the X3 much sooner, especially since it is more spacious with better features than my 3 series. Plus the price was only about $3,000 more for plenty more space and amenities. You owe it to yourself to test drive one soon!

My dream car

It is just what I expected. It drives smooth and I love it. I would recommend to anyone. The experience was wonderful and made my day. This is my dream car

I love it!

I have long admired this car on the road. When my lease was up on my 2918 Audi Q5 and Audi TT, I test drove several 2021 luxury cars and SUVs: Acura RDX, Audi Q5, A4, Cadillac XT4, BMW 430ix, BMW 330ix. I am so happy with my choice! It handles great. Has terrific acceleration and braking. The seats are really comfortable. It has an amazing turning radius. And the stereo cranks! Everyone compliments how smooth the ride is. The only thing I would change is for the speedometer to be digital, rather than a dial. I learned after the fact that it is only available with the Premium package.

Safest and Most Comfortable Car I Have Owned

The front seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. The numerous safety features are unbelievable, including self-park, automatic cruise control speed adjustment when sensing upcoming traffic, auto-hold while stopped in drive mode, crash avoidance, etc. I love the front dual clamshell styling. Control knob for music/maps is ergonomically located and easy to access. I love my BMW!!

Got M pkg and LOVE this car!!

This is one of the best cars I have owned. Love everything about it. Do wish phone charger pads were standard. Miss that from my last X car. We own 3 BMW'S now including an M my husband loves

Pure Fun, and Beautiful to Look at

I bought a 2021 X3 (my first BMW) with premium package, ambient lighting, and parking assist. I didn't think I needed the ambient lighting option but the only car I wanted had that option so I took it. I am glad I got it. It makes driving at night feel like relaxing in a Vegas resort! I love the interior and exterior styling. The steering wheel grip feels great. The door closes with that sound that says "I am significant." At first I had to spend time learning iDrive 7 but it's actually quite intuitive. Then I discovered the wonder of voice command - I can do so much with voice without touching the screen or the nav wheel, including getting weather and traffic info, calling someone, and changing the color of ambient lighting. The kicker was when I asked, "Hey BMW, do you love me?" It cracked me up when she said "Yes of course, you are the spark to my plug!" That sealed the deal. My X3 is my new pet!