2002 Bmw X 5

Good solid SUV

by from minneapolis on January 19, 2011

I have owned this car for 4 years. driven it about 50,000 miles and still love it. I have the manual transmission..lets you enjoy the engine more. I have to say that it is spendy when things break..i had to replace the radiator, battery ( normal), tires, pads and rotors as well as belts and lights. so all together it was a big chunk.. car drives well..get the packages..they add value like the tech pack ( navigation parking sensors ) or the winter pack ( heated wheel and seats).

Great Vehicle, Great Value

by from Raleigh, NC on September 5, 2012

This is my daily driver with 187,000 miles! I have been pleasantly surprised by the limited amount of money I have spent on maintenance/repair with this vehicle. The LED display did require repair which I had completed by an independent provider and only cost $100. The key to these vehicles is to PROPERLY maintain them at the recommended intervals. I've owned other SUV's and this is by far the best.

Best car I've ever owned

by from Wash, DC on July 7, 2011

My 2002 X5 is the best car I've ever owned. Very reliable, stylish and comfortable. I have the 6 cyl. with stick, which is not for everyone. It is a truck transmission, and it has the sport suspension, so it is a stiff ride. the 6 cyl, only makes 225 hp, which in my view is slightly underpowered for a 4500 pound vehicle, but overall this is a great car. I have 140,000 miles and I"ve only replaced the brakes once and it is still the original clutch. It is still going strong. BMW has the best balance of performance with luxury and style on the market today, IMHO.

BMW X5 4.6is - Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

by from SLC, Utah on June 21, 2006

The BMW X5 4.6is is an awesome drive. It is fast, responsive and the handling is super tight. You would think you are driving a sports car. I love the fact that it has all the advantages of a sports car in an SUV body. With the seats folded down I have tons of cargo space and the AWD makes it feel even more solid. It is certainly pricey but it also holds its value better than any SUV I have researched and the 4.6is has every imaginable option. Love this car!

Fantastic Vehicel

by from lawrence, kansas on May 25, 2011

these are 'king of the road' in terms of handling. a very safe very good view of the highway with excellent road feel. only problem areas ever were electrical.

Love my '02 X5 4.4i

by from Chicago, IL on May 22, 2006

Bought my 2002 X5 4.4i a little over a year ago as a Certified Pre-owned vehicle. My wife and I love the car's overall design, performance and reliability. I believe that the X5 is still the best looking and best proportioned SUV on the road--especially with the available 19" or 20" wheels. The Range Rover and Cayenne (Turbo model only) come in a close second. The X5 is a heavy vehicle, but the 4.4i, in particular, has great acceleration and torque. Handling is also one of its strongest qualities, especially for an SUV--limited body roll, and it doesn't dive during braking or squat during acceleration. The X5 is absolutely rock solid and stable on the open highway (showing it's Autobahn roots), and resists strong cross winds. Braking is excellent (be ready for copious amounts of brake dust, though!) The interior is gorgeous, with beautifully polished wood, excellent materials, and top notch fit and finish. It has held up well over time. Negatives are few. Gas mileage is one (about 14 mpg), but I was willing to make the tradeoff for better performance. Also the rear hatch has a tendency to rattle over bumps. In addition, the turn signal was stuck in the on position during one winter drive home. It was fine the next day, though. And one of the teeth in the front cupholder has disappeared from it's foundation. Overall, however, the car seems to be very durable and well made. In sum, I would highly recommend the X5 to anyone looking for a sporty SUV.

4 family members drove this car.

by from Washington, DC on June 27, 2017

Listen to this: my eldest brother drove this car in college, then my twin sister and I drove it in high school, and my youngest brother drove it when HE went to college. We had a blacked out X5, and she was beautiful. The stereo was great, the way it handled was AMAZING. Even just putting on the blinkers was enjoyable. If you ever find a 2002 x5 with low miles, BUY IT and you will never regret it.

bmw x5

by from Columbus,OH on June 19, 2017

This X5 is perfect and needs nothing. It is as it was the day it drove off of the showroom floor. IT HAS BEEN WELL MAINTAINED AND SHOWS AND DRIVES LIKE IT WAS PAMPERED ALL OF ITS LIFE - AUTOMATIC - POWER WINDOWS - POWER DOOR LOCKS - CRUISE CONTROL

2002BMW X5 SUPER CLEAN READY 2 GO

by from NYC on October 18, 2017

THIS IS VERY NICE SUV ESPECIALLY IF ITS YOUR FIRST CAR NICE LOOK AND A GREAT RIDE YES THIS SUV HAS 146,000 MILES ITS BMW WITH THE RIGHT UP KEPT U SHOULD GET 2 OR 3 MORE YEARS OR 100000 MORE MILE

Uses car for Havingfun

Best driving and solid car, 15 years no raddle

by from Los Angeles/Rancho mirage, ca on February 12, 2017

Freeway Driving a dream,high winds no problem, no raddle, quality at its best, better than my new one.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Bmw X 5