2013 Bmw X 5

new to Bmw's

by from Colts Neck on June 7, 2012

I owned an Acura MDX for 7 yrs and traded it in for an X5. The Acrua was great, just wanted something different and the x5 wasn't much more than a new acura with navigation. The power and drive of the BMW is far superior. I will give up some of the seating comfort for the way it handles. Really amazing and Im not a big "handling" person but you can't ignore it. Its a solid driving machine. Just wish it was a bit more sculpted or comfy as the Acura inside.

Fun to drive

by from Raleigh, NC on June 25, 2012

Im very happy with my purchase of the X5 2013 50i. It's much faster than its counter part 35i and burns almost the same in fuel. The X5 M is just too expensive and burns much more fuel. Mitch

True Driver's Car

by from New Jersey on October 8, 2012

This is my first BMW X5 and I am happy I bought it. Driving this not so light truck is a real pleasure. Confident posture, tight corner handling and abundant power let’s you know you are driving German machine. A few improvements I would love to see are mostly electronic gadgets, standard on Japanese models that allow easier access to the navigation, etc. Overall, great car!

SPORT SUV AWD

by from LAS VEGAS,NEVADA on October 20, 2013

GOODS: VERY POWERFULL 6 CYLINDERS,(NO TRANSVERSE ENGINE)TURBO POWERED,ALL WHEEL DRIVE,VERY NICE TRACTION,NICE BODY SIZE,NICE BRAKES,BLUETOOTH HAND FREE KIT,VERY GOOD STABILITY(YOU CAN TURN LIKE A SPORT CARS O SPORT SEDANS)INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SO NICE,CONECTED TO SATELITE BY sos DEVICE TO UNLOCK,RECOVERY CAR OR TO CALL FOR HELP.ETC BADS: NO SPARE TIRE KIT(COMING W/ RUN FLAT TIRES)BUT SUVS NEEDS A EXTRA SPARE TIRE AS A ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE,NO TOWING HITCH AND ELECTRIC PLUG(AVAILABLE AFTERMARKET)NO CROSS BARS,NO OPTION TO ADD A NAVIGATION OR GPS,SINGLE CD/RADIO,NO SONAR OR REVERSE GEAR RADAR(NECESARY ON VANS AND SUVS)NO TEMP GAUGE(JUST WARNING WHEN IS EXTREMELY HOT)STEERING LITTLE HARD AND AMORTIGUATION,GAS CONSUMPSION LITTLE HIGH FOR MIDDLE SIZE BUT YOU GOT EXTRA HPS FOR THAT....SO IM OK...I LOVE THIS CAR

Overall a great vehicle

by from San Francisco Bay Area on September 8, 2013

First BMW and I am glad I bought it. I got the 35i premium. The handling is great, nothing like the cars I used to drive. Power is adequate. You really feel you are in control as the driver. Also drove the Audi Q7 and there is no comparison. The BMW is far superior in terms driving dynamics. Gas mileage is around 20 for me on average and I am satisfied. The top view camera and the HUD are very convenient. Only put 70k miles on it so can't really comment on the reliability, but no problem so far. Some stuff that can improved: the recommended service interval is way too long. This makes the BMW free service of not much use. The navigation needs some learning abilities to know which roads I avoid always and which I like to take because it doesn't use traffic information very wisely by itself. The voice command is still in its infant state, a minor disruption would put the address into a total different state. Like another reviewer said, the brake paddle is positioned weirdly. My foot ankle hurts after stop and go traffic for a long time. Overall I don't think you can do much better for your money for a mid-sized SUV. The only other worthy option is the Cayenne but you have to look above the Cayenne S, which is way more expensive.

Great Sports SUV

by from on February 23, 2017

Handles and drives like a 5 series car, which is the chassis it is based on. It seems most sorted and comfortable at 90mph plus.

2013 BMX X5 35i premium

by from charleston wv on February 11, 2014

This is my first BMW purchase. Owned several 4runners for years but decided to leave the bulkier SUV world! This SAV is great. German engineering on the performance and handling is as expected...exceptional! Love driving it. Interior design/controls are simple yet sophisticated..can you tell im a first time owner ?!! Still have some room to haul!! My wife has been a BMW owner for years and convinced me to "go to the other side"!! Glad I did!!!!!!!!!!!

born again

by from Brea, CA on March 27, 2013

I used to own a 2005 (E53) X5 for 4 years, from these two generation comparison, I must said, the E53 to E70 has mature greatly. I am not talking about new car orientation, every car drives awesome when its new, however, its the refinement that has progress to; now, both cars i own packaged are little different, nevertheless, worth of mentioning is the interior presentation give me a roomy feels rather something cluster like other car in the same category. I like how the mileage is improved through diesel technology vs. the regular gasoline; the leg room, both front and rear seat are much better then other competition. As I used the "getting out the door" index to threshold my satisfactory, this means, I'm a 6' 200 lb guy, if i can get in and out of car (front and rear) and not kicking the panels or feels hinderance during exit is a good thing. seems like every manufacture is playing package games, but, i think BMW gives a straight up best bang for the buck packages! Just a Premium package + standard equipment should be able to come up on top out of others. although every car result steep depreciation in the first year, which is why i give a 4 star on this category. I did get the sports activities package, which at the beginning is really wasn't what i need in a car aimes to hauls me around in comfort, but, after driving SP and plus numerous time during my ownership of old X5 I wanted to up grade the wheel; I decide to give it a try. I AM GLAD I DID!! the new suspension is tuned not to sacrifice the comfy ride I aimed for. So, the 20" package is well equipped on the E70, ride comfort is not distorted at all. overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase, if money (+ insurance) wasn't the subject, Porsche would be my next choice. (then again, thats another battle we go through)

BMW x5

by from Midway ky on December 9, 2016

Went from a x3 to a x5 both great vehicles just don't own one without warranty. They are very expensive to work on.

Extreme driving machine well handled

by from Riverside on April 6, 2017

Well designed for all ages. Steering a little bit stiff than the competition such as MB or Lexus but overall performance is better than the other similar class of cars.

Our Expert Review: 2013 Bmw X 5