2017 X5 M

3.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

The ultimate vehicle!

by Joelcar from Roswell, GA on October 20, 2017

I can’t say enough good things. The X5M is fast, safe, stylish, roomy and has settings to make it comfortable to drive everyday or a race car when you want it.

Annoying Engine Whine

by k_ahad from Surrey on February 13, 2018

I received my New BMW X5M on 8th Jan and within the first 2 weeks I noted that a constant annoying sound comes from the front Dashboard. I hear this noise even when the car is stopped at signals and engine not running. Typically this sound disappears at speed above 30 mph. Maybe the noise is overtaken by the outside noise and you don't notice it. If I drive the car in City i get headache and also tend to loose concentration as I am unable to take my mind away from this noise. I contacted the dealer and dropped the car for check up at Cooper Croydon UK. They have comeback to me with a reply that this is Characteristic of the car as they replaced some parts and the noise still exists and they have compared with another X5M and that car also has the same noise. I spoke to BMW UK and they call it as Characteristic of the car but also claim that engineers are working to find a solution for this but at the moment there is no solution. They also mentioned that only some of the X5M have this problem and they are sorry that my car has this issue but they are unable to help. I haven't picked up the car from the dealer yet and have communicated to BMW FS that I am rejecting the car as BMW hasn't taken a responsibility that they would fix this problem. They are expecting me to continue driving the car as they don't have a solution for this issue. Going crazy with the purchase of this dream car :(

Does not recommend this car!!

An Awesome Ride!!!

by AzBoy from Scottsdale, AZ on July 4, 2017

This is such an unbelievable vehicle. Exceptionally fast and beautiful. The red leather interior has to be seen in person to fully realize how great it looks. I love everything about it, and I am extremely happy in my decision.

SUV with a attitude .

by Tbone from Benton ar on July 31, 2017

Bought the car because it was a compromise ,my wife likes the SUV style I like the power and handling so it's a nice match . She can haul stuff , and when I have it I just haul . So far so good just got it a few days ago . T

Love the BMW brand

by BMW X5 from Staten Island, ny on October 23, 2017

I've owned a 525, two X5's and an X3 M package. This is my 3rd X5 and it is the best yet. P.S. steering wheel volume should be on the left side. Why have two volume controls on the right? Otherwise, awesome SUV.