2004 Z4

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Used Z4

by zman from Hazleton, PA on January 23, 2012

This car is remarkable. It's a nice ride for a sports car. You feel invigorated driving with the top down. It's amazing how much leg room this car has. It's even comfortable for the long haul. I would recommend this car as a great daily driver. The 5 speed manual gets up and goes. I do wish this was a six speed manual, it seems this car has a lot more power and you feel that the extra gear would be great. I get 32 not on the open road. In town I get about 24. Still this car is a great value for the the money. Look for low mileage cars, you won't be sorry. If and when you buy one make sure you take it to BMW to do the first service call on your vehicle, I did and found a few items that need attention besides the oil change. Break fluid and coolent needed replacement. I purchased this vehicle with 35,500 miles on it. Its in great mechanical condition and I feel its nearly broken in. Good luck in your search and love the open road feeling.

NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN

by Z4 Boy from Washington on November 8, 2011

I came of age in the late 50's and remember some of the great sports cars availabe then - the Austin-Healy 3000, the early MGs, the Triumph and the 'vette. I wanted something that recalled that era, but with a lot more quality and performance. After extensive research, I found a very low-milage 2004 BMW Z4. It is awesome. Performance is off the charts and the car has every option known to man.

Most exiting car I've owned

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Omaha, NE on August 4, 2011

Car was in exellent condition. Dealer respresented this car exactly as I expected based on what I was told and even more. Dealer was easy to work with and was able to produce a car for me when I told him what I was looking for. Car is in mint condition and I love it. Everyone looks at it when I drive it and comments on what a beautiful car it is. Would highly recommend this Dealer to anyone looking for a car.

Fun Car

by Veebmw from phoenix, az on February 22, 2018

This car is so much fun to drive. Handles well and a looker too. Certainly a car I would purchase again. Keep the maintenance and get to know a great mechanic who takes care of your car and can show a history of what they did.

Fun, Engaging Roadster

by Z4UCNJ from Union City, NJ on August 13, 2017

At the time, I was looking for a cost effective, fun car with a droptop. A used E86 Z4 fits the bill perfectly! Compared to BMWs today, the earlier Z4s were relatively simple mechanically, so there are many fewer things to worry about in regard to mechanical failures. The NA in-line 6 in this car pulls and sounds like a dream.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAR, ALWAYS WANTED ONE.

by Z4LOVER from HERMANN, MISSOURI on October 13, 2017

THIS CAR IS MY DREAM COME TRUE. CONVERTIBLE, HANDLES VERY WELL, SMOOTH DRIVE, GOOD HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS, VERY FAST, AND IS A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF MACHINERY. I LOVE THE STYLING AND IT TURNS HEADS EVERY WHERE IT GOES.

Z3 TO Z4 I CAN COMPARE

by MK from CHICAGO ILL. on April 12, 2008

I HAVE OWNED A 1996 Z3 AND CURRENTLY OWN A 2004 Z4.THIS IS NOT A CAR TO OWN IF U R PRACTICAL,BUT IF U R LOOKING FOR A GROWNUP TOY-THIS IS IT!MY Z3 WAS POWERED BY A 1.9L-4.MY Z4 IS A 2.5L-6.SINCE I HAVE OWNED BOTH I CAN SAY THE Z3 MUST BE DOWNSHIFTED FOR EXTREME PASSING CONDITIONS BUT FOR Z4 JUST ACCELERATE EVEN IN 5 GEAR MANUAL.THE Z3 I OWNED FOR OVER A COUPLE OF YEARS,THE Z4 JUST RECENTLY.BIG DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY Z3 TO Z4.TO ME THEY BOTH HANDLE GREAT BUT Z3 WAS SCARY ON WET PAVEMENT.I ACTUALLY SPUN OUT SEVERAL TIMES,FROM A STANDING START IN AN INTERSECTION.NEVER FOUND OUT WHY,CHALKED IT UP TO BAD TIRES.Z3 ALSO HAD OTHER PROBLEMS,I THINK DUE TO DESIGN BUT Z4 HAS WORKED OUT THE BUGS.SO FAR,I HOPE.ATTENTION GETTER?U BET!IF U WANT TO BE SEEN THIS IS THE CAR.IF U WANT TO BLEND INTO TRAFFIC UNNOTICED-1 WORD-NEVER!!!GREAT CAR FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR A CONVERTIBLE..IT IS AN ALL OR NOTHING CAR FOR ME,U MUST LIKE COLOR,OPTIONS,OR IT WILL NOT BE SPECIAL TO U.FUN CAR ,SUMMER YES!

Impressive, reliable, fun, and safe

by Auto Apprecianado from Chicago on September 30, 2010

This car has it all. I've owned my Z4 for 4 months now and truly say that this vehicle is reliable, safe, fun, and fast. As far as sports cars I've owned a 2000 MR2 Spyder,Mistu Eclipse, and 240sx. This BMW is by far better in quality and reliability than the other cars I've owned. So far, the RFTs have been fine. I did get a flat once and drove 100 miles on it...took it to discount tire and they removed the nail for free. The vehicle handles superbly and its pretty quick, atr least for my needs. I didn't think that the 3.0 was that much faster for the money. Trunk space is very good for a small convertible and maintenance is reasonable with an oil change once3 a year or 15K miles per BMW. The interior is spacious and you can turn off the passenger airbag if you have kids sitting in the seat.

Versatile sports car

by Daily driver in Chicago from Chicago on August 14, 2009

Purchased my Z4 3.0i new in 2004 and just can't bring myself to trade it in! Nothing compares to the styling, performance and value. Still feels like new after 30K. Huge amounts of fun to drive. Almost everyone replaces the original run flat tires (RFT) with standard tires for much much better driveability and comfort.

BMW Z4

by Photoman111 from Freeland, MIchigan on September 1, 2013

I bought this 2004 Z4 with only 7125 miles on it and I love the look, the radio clarity is amazing, the performance, and the interior are all top notch! All I can say is WOW! I got the right car and man does it turn heads! I do have a couple issues with it that anyone who may buy one needs to know. On the way home with the car the power steering went out. To fix this was $3500.00 and it turns out this is know issue with this year of a car. I also found out that these cars eat up tires every 12k miles and run flats cost $175.00 each to replace. Since I only drive it in summer it will be about an every 3 or 4 year deal so no big! You also need to know that if the car has bluetooth, or phone buttons in it that it means nothing because today's phones will not sync with it and in the case of my model it was installed only for cars that were exported from the USA. Lastly I battle break dust every time I drive it, but have found that if you wax the rims and spray them with Armor All break dust spray that it all but eliminates the issue! I AM TOTALLY HAPPY WITH THIS CAR! IF YOU WANT ONE, I SAY BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 3