Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 Z4

2004 BMW Z4

2004 BMW Z4

Have You Driven the 2004 BMW Z4?

Used Z4

by zman from Hazleton, PA on Mon Jan 23 2012

This car is remarkable. It's a nice ride for a sports car. You feel invigorated driving with the top down. It's amazing how much leg room this car has. It's even comfortable for the long haul. I would recommend this car as a great daily driver. The 5 speed manual gets up and goes. I do wish this was a six speed manual, it seems this car has a lot more power and you feel that the extra gear would be great. I get 32 not on the open road. In town I get about 24. Still this car is a great value for the the money. Look for low mileage cars, you won't be sorry. If and when you buy one make sure you take it to BMW to do the first service call on your vehicle, I did and found a few items that need attention besides the oil change. Break fluid and coolent needed replacement. I purchased this vehicle with 35,500 miles on it. Its in great mechanical condition and I feel its nearly broken in. Good luck in your search and love the open road feeling.

NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN

by Z4 Boy from Washington on Tue Nov 08 2011

I came of age in the late 50's and remember some of the great sports cars availabe then - the Austin-Healy 3000, the early MGs, the Triumph and the 'vette. I wanted something that recalled that era, but with a lot more quality and performance. After extensive research, I found a very low-milage 2004 BMW Z4. It is awesome. Performance is off the charts and the car has every option known to man.

Most exiting car I've owned

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Omaha, NE on Thu Aug 04 2011

Car was in exellent condition. Dealer respresented this car exactly as I expected based on what I was told and even more. Dealer was easy to work with and was able to produce a car for me when I told him what I was looking for. Car is in mint condition and I love it. Everyone looks at it when I drive it and comments on what a beautiful car it is. Would highly recommend this Dealer to anyone looking for a car.

Best Handling car I have ever owned.

by Baldeagle from Cresview on Sun Jun 17 2018

When I bought my Z4 in 2009, it had 60K miles on it, 2.5L, with automatic 5 speed transmission. I have owned Datsun 280Z, Nissan 300Z, Triumph TR3, all of which were manual transmissions, the Z4 with the automatic can be manually shifted and I loved it. My left foot was not liking the pressing of the clutch anymore, especially in a traffic jam, the Z's steptronic transmission was the best for me. The overall interior and exterior of the car was excellent, the power top worked flawlessly and quickly. Noise level was minimum with top up and hiway speeds. Gas mileage varied in the low to mid 20's depending on the speed and how heavy my foot became at times. The engine is very responsive with great sounds when using the gears to near max rpm's. Handling on the twisties was a dream, I found no sense or loss of control, it hugged the road like a magnet. I was a fool when I sold that car, and am currently looking to find another. The only con I had with the vehicle is it requires premium fuel, for optimum performance. If you are looking for a genuine responsive sports car, this is it. It was and remains the best sports car I have ever had the privilege to own and drive.

Fun Car

by Veebmw from phoenix, az on Thu Feb 22 2018

This car is so much fun to drive. Handles well and a looker too. Certainly a car I would purchase again. Keep the maintenance and get to know a great mechanic who takes care of your car and can show a history of what they did.

Fun, Engaging Roadster

by Z4UCNJ from Union City, NJ on Sun Aug 13 2017

At the time, I was looking for a cost effective, fun car with a droptop. A used E86 Z4 fits the bill perfectly! Compared to BMWs today, the earlier Z4s were relatively simple mechanically, so there are many fewer things to worry about in regard to mechanical failures. The NA in-line 6 in this car pulls and sounds like a dream.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAR, ALWAYS WANTED ONE.

by Z4LOVER from HERMANN, MISSOURI on Fri Oct 13 2017

THIS CAR IS MY DREAM COME TRUE. CONVERTIBLE, HANDLES VERY WELL, SMOOTH DRIVE, GOOD HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS, VERY FAST, AND IS A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF MACHINERY. I LOVE THE STYLING AND IT TURNS HEADS EVERY WHERE IT GOES.

Fun car to drive.

by Jeff from Siesta Key on Sat Sep 15 2018

The car has great acceleration, good brakes and all the amenities you could want in a 2004 vehicle. The compactness of the car makes it extremely easy to park.

BEST SPORTS CAR EVER. SOON TO BE A CLASSIC.

by HARRYB from ESCONDIDO CA. on Sun Apr 09 2017

Beats a porsche or any other sports car in its class. Plus unique and head turning styling. Soon to become a rare and collectible model.

Z3 TO Z4 I CAN COMPARE

by MK from CHICAGO ILL. on Sat Apr 12 2008

I HAVE OWNED A 1996 Z3 AND CURRENTLY OWN A 2004 Z4.THIS IS NOT A CAR TO OWN IF U R PRACTICAL,BUT IF U R LOOKING FOR A GROWNUP TOY-THIS IS IT!MY Z3 WAS POWERED BY A 1.9L-4.MY Z4 IS A 2.5L-6.SINCE I HAVE OWNED BOTH I CAN SAY THE Z3 MUST BE DOWNSHIFTED FOR EXTREME PASSING CONDITIONS BUT FOR Z4 JUST ACCELERATE EVEN IN 5 GEAR MANUAL.THE Z3 I OWNED FOR OVER A COUPLE OF YEARS,THE Z4 JUST RECENTLY.BIG DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY Z3 TO Z4.TO ME THEY BOTH HANDLE GREAT BUT Z3 WAS SCARY ON WET PAVEMENT.I ACTUALLY SPUN OUT SEVERAL TIMES,FROM A STANDING START IN AN INTERSECTION.NEVER FOUND OUT WHY,CHALKED IT UP TO BAD TIRES.Z3 ALSO HAD OTHER PROBLEMS,I THINK DUE TO DESIGN BUT Z4 HAS WORKED OUT THE BUGS.SO FAR,I HOPE.ATTENTION GETTER’U BET!IF U WANT TO BE SEEN THIS IS THE CAR.IF U WANT TO BLEND INTO TRAFFIC UNNOTICED-1 WORD-NEVER!!!GREAT CAR FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR A CONVERTIBLE..IT IS AN ALL OR NOTHING CAR FOR ME,U MUST LIKE COLOR,OPTIONS,OR IT WILL NOT BE SPECIAL TO U.FUN CAR ,SUMMER YES!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 BMW Z4

Two-seater sports cars come in an amazingly broad array of shape, size, price and performance.

The variety is amazing because such vehicles represent an extravagance, an expression of carefree indulgence where practicality takes a back seat to pure fun, if there was a back seat to take.

BMW Z3 arrived on the scene in 1995, a few years after Mazda revived the genre with its retro Miata. Soon, there was competition from the likes of Porsche Boxster, Audi TT, Honda S2000 and Mercedes-Benz SLK, each offering a different twist on the sports car formula.

Z3, with its classic proportions and sporting heritage, stayed a popular favorite throughout its seven years, improving steadily in performance. The... Read More