Model Details

2002 BMW Z8 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 2 reviews

The best and sharpest car I have ever owned

by from Indianapolis, IN on November 2, 2010

A show stopper in every way. Topaz Blue with Crema interior. 8303 miles when I bought it late summer. It is a delight to drive! It cost me about what a new 911 would but its depreciation is minimal compared to the other big names. They only made 5800 of the Z8 and only around 1500 of my color combination. Hard top is a challenge to remove and I haven't tried to get it back on the car yet. Comes with a nice storage rack for the top, though. All parts and service are available as for current models and that is quite satisfying. If you can find one at the right price and miles, go for it! rwb

AN INCREDIBLE MODERN CLASSIC

by from LA on July 4, 2014

This is a stunningly fun sports car to drive, and also a great collector car, with perfect examples going for almost twice of their original MSRP. It's BMW drivetrain is exceptionally reliable, and much less expensive to maintain that a similar vintage exotic from Italy or England (AM), which really makes it a wonderful practical classic. In the 12 years I've had mine I've covered just over 25,000 miles, including driving it from LA to Santa Fe, up to Aspen, and back in a week, and countless runs up the California coast. It's a perfect car to enjoy the beauty of the open road in every way, if you think you might enjoy one, I can promise you, you will. :-)