Read or write a review.

4.3
Average based on 9 reviews

Over 30 MPG, No repairs at 150K miles--Great Car

by from Brandon, MS on May 29, 2008

I've never owened a car for 10 years, and that car still drive (and smell) like brand new. I can't believe the gas milage, for a 4D car. I get as much as 31.5 MPG driving to work and would trust driving the car on a long trip, even with 150Kmiles. The only problem I've had is with the power windows. I have replaced all four power window regulator/motors; however, I found the best way to have this done: 1) buy the parts wholesale (about $100) off the internet, and 2) take to a body shop to install (about $75 labor). Other than that, the motor used no oil and runs like new.

Highly reliable but plain looking

by from New York on May 6, 2007

No mechanical problems at all, smooth ride, highly reliability but just plain looking interior. Highly recommended as a car to get from A to B.

good reliability great value for money

by from virginia beach on May 29, 2007

handles good ok on gas very comfortable.mine is mechanically sound after 170 k miles but had to replace radiator.overall a good car considering you can pick up a nice 98 for under five grand.

Dileos is the best car dealership

by from Philadelphia on March 16, 2013

I just recently purchased a Buick Century from Fileos on 2233 W Main St. in Norristown, PA in the same driveway as Amerigreen gas station. The car had only 56,300 miles on it and I bought it for $4,000. The car dealer was extremely professional and he sold me a car that drives smoothly and is in excellent condition. They even filled up the gas tank. The salesman helped me get my car registered under my name, my tags, and the license plate in 15 minutes. I recommend Fileos to anyone who wants to buy a car at a great price and in excellent condition. I plan on getting another car from them in the future.

Outstanding car

by from Armada, mi on February 28, 2012

The Buick Century that I purchased on CARS. Com has been an excellent value for me and my family. The buying experience on cars.com has been great.

Love this car!

by from Smithville,WV on March 13, 2013

I have bought 3 over time and never been disappointed with a Buick! Very comfortable an reliable for me and family.

I liked mine so much I bought my son one!

by from Mechanicsville, VA on April 26, 2016

I purchased a used 2002 Century about 3 years ago. I really love this car. Other than the intake manifold gasket issue the 3.1 L engine has this is one of my favorite cars I have ever owned. I like mine so much I bought my son who just started driving a 1998 Century. He absolutely loves his. When we bought his, the 1st question asked "was the intake manifold gasket replaced". That is a question you should always ask with this car. We are a 2 Buick family now.

Buyer beware

by from Northern Indiana on December 26, 2011

Bought this car as cheap reliable transportation for my kid. In 3 weeks, needed a new head gasket and radiator. Only had 132,000 miles on it. My mechanic said this will now be a reliable car but he sees this issue often. Hope the car will be reliable from here on out since I added 45% to the purchase price

I just traded in this vehicle

by from Indianapolis, IN on March 10, 2010

I just went to this establishment to buy a new car last week (March 2010) and traded in THIS Buick Century for $900. What isn't listed here is that the back 2 windows don't work, the front 2 windows have had the motors replaced but barely work. The driver side mirror is broken, the Low fan setting doesn't work, it doesn't have a brand new battery in it because this car eats batteries, the engine has a leak in it (it has stop leak that was just put into it a month ago), the cupholders are broken, and a few other things. I'd be more than happy to tell you about it. It's originally one of those cars that was in a wreck and then restored. We paid $4,000 for it when it only had 60,000 miles on it. There's so much wrong with this car that we've been putting more money into it than it's worth. If you're going to try to get this, definitely don't pay that much. Overall, Buick Century's are nice vehicles---but this one is another story.. I should know, I drove it for 6+ years.

Our Expert Review: 1998 Buick Century