1998 Century

1998 Buick Century

1998 Buick Century

4.4

Have You Driven the 1998 Buick Century?

Over 30 MPG, No repairs at 150K miles--Great Car

by Car Pooler from Brandon, MS on Thu May 29 2008

I've never owened a car for 10 years, and that car still drive (and smell) like brand new. I can't believe the gas milage, for a 4D car. I get as much as 31.5 MPG driving to work and would trust driving the car on a long trip, even with 150Kmiles. The only problem I've had is with the power windows. I have replaced all four power window regulator/motors; however, I found the best way to have this done: 1) buy the parts wholesale (about $100) off the internet, and 2) take to a body shop to install (about $75 labor). Other than that, the motor used no oil and runs like new.

good reliability great value for money

by keith from virginia beach on Tue May 29 2007

handles good ok on gas very comfortable.mine is mechanically sound after 170 k miles but had to replace radiator.overall a good car considering you can pick up a nice 98 for under five grand.

Dileos is the best car dealership

by philly09 from Philadelphia on Sat Mar 16 2013

I just recently purchased a Buick Century from Fileos on 2233 W Main St. in Norristown, PA in the same driveway as Amerigreen gas station. The car had only 56,300 miles on it and I bought it for $4,000. The car dealer was extremely professional and he sold me a car that drives smoothly and is in excellent condition. They even filled up the gas tank. The salesman helped me get my car registered under my name, my tags, and the license plate in 15 minutes. I recommend Fileos to anyone who wants to buy a car at a great price and in excellent condition. I plan on getting another car from them in the future.

Love this car!

by Lilly from Smithville,WV on Wed Mar 13 2013

I have bought 3 over time and never been disappointed with a Buick! Very comfortable an reliable for me and family.

I liked mine so much I bought my son one!

by Father and son Buicks from Mechanicsville, VA on Tue Apr 26 2016

I purchased a used 2002 Century about 3 years ago. I really love this car. Other than the intake manifold gasket issue the 3.1 L engine has this is one of my favorite cars I have ever owned. I like mine so much I bought my son who just started driving a 1998 Century. He absolutely loves his. When we bought his, the 1st question asked "was the intake manifold gasket replaced". That is a question you should always ask with this car. We are a 2 Buick family now.

Outstanding car

by Gomer from Armada, mi on Tue Feb 28 2012

The Buick Century that I purchased on CARS. Com has been an excellent value for me and my family. The buying experience on cars.com has been great.

Highly reliable but plain looking

by Frugal from New York on Sun May 06 2007

No mechanical problems at all, smooth ride, highly reliability but just plain looking interior. Highly recommended as a car to get from A to B.

I just traded in this vehicle

by This is my car that I just traded in from Indianapolis, IN on Wed Mar 10 2010

I just went to this establishment to buy a new car last week (March 2010) and traded in THIS Buick Century for $900. What isn't listed here is that the back 2 windows don't work, the front 2 windows have had the motors replaced but barely work. The driver side mirror is broken, the Low fan setting doesn't work, it doesn't have a brand new battery in it because this car eats batteries, the engine has a leak in it (it has stop leak that was just put into it a month ago), the cupholders are broken, and a few other things. I'd be more than happy to tell you about it. It's originally one of those cars that was in a wreck and then restored. We paid $4,000 for it when it only had 60,000 miles on it. There's so much wrong with this car that we've been putting more money into it than it's worth. If you're going to try to get this, definitely don't pay that much. Overall, Buick Century's are nice vehicles---but this one is another story.. I should know, I drove it for 6+ years.

Does not recommend this car!!

Buyer beware

by Rad CPA from Northern Indiana on Mon Dec 26 2011

Bought this car as cheap reliable transportation for my kid. In 3 weeks, needed a new head gasket and radiator. Only had 132,000 miles on it. My mechanic said this will now be a reliable car but he sees this issue often. Hope the car will be reliable from here on out since I added 45% to the purchase price

Does not recommend this car!!

Extremly reliable many still on the road

by Dnkin from Wakefield RI on Fri Jun 30 2017

Needs more power 0-60 otherwise a great car very comfortable huge leg room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Take on the 1998 Buick Century

It doesn't take a whole lot to improve a car with a life span slightly longer than the Ice Age. But the Buick Century attracted its loyal following with a combination of low sticker price and traditional Detroit amenities.

These drivers like it soft and quiet, and value this over the ultimate in sophisticated engineering.

But that didn't stop Buick from creating a much more refined automobile for the latest incarnation of the Century.

The newest iteration is based on GM's new mid-size car platform, which also carries the Pontiac Grand Prix, Oldsmobile Intrigue and Buick's own Regal. The Century has a slightly different character from the Regal, with which it shares most of its visual cues... Read More