Model Details

2002 Buick Century Consumer Reviews

Average based on 10 reviews

Great dependable car

by from Fort Worth on August 6, 2009

Have had no problems, new tires, keep the oil changed. Getting 27-30 mpg city and 35-39 mpg highway. Love it and it has over 114,000 miles. Never been notified of recalls - there are 2 - I'm taking it in for this work. Actually having problems that first recall was about.

"Signature" Buick

by from Akron, Ohio on April 30, 2008

Bought mine used 3 years ago - Limited Special Edition w/ leather, premium sound system, every option except sunroof. Has features more expensive cars don't (magnetic variable effort steering, climate control, ABS, traction control). Mileage is just what they estimate (29 hwy). Well-built, reliable, dependable, safe = "signature" Buick.

Wifes Car

by from North Carolina on November 9, 2008

We bought this car 3yrs ago and still it gives us and enjoyable ride on trips. It has been reliable with great gas mileage. My wife loves the drive and comfort the cars has to offer.

Best Car I have ever owned.

by from CA on November 1, 2011

Very comfortable, quiet, excellent gas mileage. Excellent brakes and roadability. Very reliable. High quality build materials. Excellent visibility. A pleasure to drive. Best car I have ever owned.

Typical driver

by from Springdale, Arkansas on June 22, 2006

Absolutely incredible automobile --- i now have 52000 miles on the vehicle and i have had zero (0) problems !

Bought car for my son

by from Saginaw, MI on September 1, 2012

Bought this car for my son. 47,500 miles. Solid as a rock still. No rattles or wobbles. I've got 80K miles on my LeSabre. This car is not quite the ride or comfort of my bigger body but it's a little sweetheart. Sure glad we found it.. Dealer was fantastic. Rating for reliability is wishful thinking since we just purchased the vehicle. But it's based in part on my satisfaction with my Buick.

Love our new used car

by from Utah on October 17, 2013

I love our new used Buick. It rides so smoothly and comfortably. We are frustrated by the automatic door lock feature and that we can't seem to change that, even following the manual's directions for changing it. But I love the sound system, especially having a CD player. The interior has been so well cared for. The only really worn thing is the steering wheel, but it doesn't hamper our using it at all and it's still comfortable to hold on to. A major plus in this 2002 is the power driver seat that allows me to raise it to a better level than older models we tried. I don't have to feel so low in the water.

2002 Buick Century

by from Philadelphia, PA on November 16, 2014

We purchased a 2002 Buick Century Custom with 24,000 miles on it. The car is a one owner car and was well represented and documented. This Buick runs like a brand new car.

My first car

by from Barre, VT on June 26, 2014

I have owned this car for a year and it has been tough. Overall it has been a great first car, it has always started right up, even when the temperature was well below zero. It is well built, very heavy trunk and doors, even though it has rusted out along the sides of my car. I don't find it to be that attractive looking or very comfortable on the inside-I prefer bucket seats. I am very unhappy with this car for many reasons besides styling. First the brakes have been a huge problem for me since the first day, they grind and squeal. I have replaced all components but nothing has fixed the issue. When stopping it skids, the brakes seem to lock up and pressing them does nothing. The car eventually will stop but it is annoying, especially when it comes to having to stop quick. Another problem are the windows, there are good days and bad ones-some days the back windows work, other days they will be stuck in place. I also took the car on the interstate, and once was enough for me, when passing the car shakes, a lot especially when going downhill. Lastly the gas mileage is very depressing, I have a very short commute, about 10-15 miles daily and find myself constantly filling the gas tank. It is a great car, but sometimes it likes to test my patience and frustration.

Great car

by from Ottawa, ON on June 27, 2006

Buick Century 2002, bought from rental company, 126000 km on odometer right now. No single problem at all. I did only maintenance. Good cruiser, cheap insurance. I'm very satisfied.