Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Enclave

2008 Buick Enclave

2008 Buick Enclave

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2008 Buick Enclave?

Soccer mom Sexy ....

by Lovin my Buick! from Leesburg, GA on Fri Feb 03 2012

I wanted the buick because I am a YOUNG mother of 3 growing boys. I needed a car that was reliable, functional & most importantly NOT A MINIVAN! The Enclave had the best 3rd row leg room than any other crossover or SUV my husband & I looked at (I got in the back of all of them personally-if it was uncomfortable to me it would be for my boys) it also had the best trunk space even with the 3rd row up. It handles very dainty & easy for a lady & to me it stills says "although I'm a married mom I have style & sexiness!" I would highly recommend it. Price wise you will pay for the top name of a Buick, but its worth it I bought mine used, so I got the luxury without the high price tag. The body style & interior doesn't change much with increasing years we looked in all but a 2009. I hope my review helps...oh my husband doesn't mind driving it either until I put the dancing flower on the dash! LOL

We shopped around, we chose Enclave

by Homeowner from the burbs from Lynnwood, WA on Mon Aug 06 2007

My wife chose this car, she is 34, and she is picky. We have a Lexus LS 430 and a Chevy Suburban. We were looking at an RX 400 hybrid and the Toyota Sienna to replace the Suburban. We really trust Toyota to build great cars. This was a hard decision for us. The Buick was great for us. The third row seating was probably the decision point for me. I am rather tall and when I got in the third row - I was sold. It was easy to get in and comfortable to ride around. I miss some of Toyota's attention to detail in the third row. It looked and felt a little cheap. My wife wanted a power fold down for the third row, she is short and is always hauling something odd shaped for the kids. Power and drivablility were spot on. I am not a drag racer so I didn't notice anything. It is just very smooth. I liked the back up camera. The drivers instruments are well placed and easy to read. So far, no complaints about quality or finish. It is just beautiful. Wow, I can't believe this is an American car. It is so quiet. It is just like my Lexus. Overall, this car is a winner. If you don't believe me, take a test drive, I rode in the third row - it sold me. Nice job, GM!

Buick is Back

by mbrochujr from mbrochujr on Thu May 31 2007

Great vechical I have had a Yukon XL, an Armada, and a Honda Van. My wife wanted to got back to an SUV this is a great compromise. The Yukon was great but long, and the Nissan Armada was a lemon. Since I no longer tow big trailers the Enclave was perfect.

So much negative press for such a great ride

by Chad1566 from Huntersville, NC on Tue Aug 21 2018

We have owned our Enclave for the last 8 years, we are now at 213000 miles, aside from maintaining it we have had zero problems.

2008 Enclave CXL is Great

by Engineer from on Sat Feb 01 2014

We bought our Enclave used with 52,000 miles on it. Now have over 80,000 and have not had one problem. Will buy another when ready.

one good car

by car guy from Ogden New York on Tue Apr 17 2012

Has all bells and gadgets, inside is drop dead pretty, good tight car, gas mileage is what I expected for a car with AWD, YES I would buy again. Cars.com was a great help with my research, Thank you.

Very good family vehicle

by BDD from Cape Coral, FL on Wed Apr 19 2017

Very good mid-size family suv. Buick comfort and luxury with a third row. Great for the family, lots of room yet not too big. Average gas milage and lacks in power but overall very good.

Well thought out vehicle

by Car Guy from Pittsburgh, Pa on Sat Sep 01 2007

We really love our AWD CXL. Both the utility and styling of this vehicle brought us to the dealership. The fit and finish were the final details that won us over. The interior is well laid out and the leather seats are very comfortable. The quality of materials is a dramatic improvement for GM and is at least on par with the imports. The convenience and comfort of the third row seat is unmatched by the competition. I was indifferent about the backup camera but after getting in and out of some tight parking spaces, I consider it a must have item. The road manners for this vehicle are above average considering it's size and weight. We have the 19 inch wheels which probably help the handling characteristics. Thus far we have averaged 19 mpg in mixed driving. This is about what we expected with the AWD option. The engine provides adequate acceleration but a few more horsepower is always appreciated. Overall, this is a great vehicle.

Love everything about this car

by mariejennifer7 from Galesburg, IL on Thu Nov 16 2017

I loved this vehicle. It drove great on the highway and the dvd system was awesome for long trips. The only downfall is the 2008 doesn't have Bluetooth and the sunroof/drain system could use some better design.

Very appealing to the eye but not the wallet lol

by Ivy22 from Plantersville, Ms. on Tue Dec 19 2017

Vehicle is very pleasing to the eye. But not to the wallet. Very disappointing had been desiring a Buick Enclave for over 5 yrs and I finally get one and have had to fix many problems. But I have to admit it is an older truck. I’m looking forward to giving buick another chance. I’m still a Buick fan.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Buick Enclave

Buick's new three-row luxury crossover, the Enclave, has a big hole to fill in the brand's lineup. It replaces not one, but three models: the Rendezvous and Rainier SUVs and the Terraza minivan. A big job indeed, but the Enclave pulls it off by blending SUV styling with much of the driving experience, roominess and fuel economy of a minivan.

With those three discontinued models no longer generating sales for Buick, the Enclave needs to deliver, and it does, thanks in large part to its composed ride, classy interior, and smooth, fuel-efficient powertrain.

Ride & Handling
Like its sister crossovers — the GMC Acadia and the Saturn Outlook — the Enclave has a refined, carlike ride that isn't... Read More