2011 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 35 reviews

Most luxurious car

by from Indiana on August 7, 2010

This is by far the best vehicle I have owned. The ride is smooth and quiet. We drove it on vacation and had loads of room. Seating comparable to mini van without looking like one on outside. Fuel economy could be better, but didn't buy vehicle for that reason. I feel it competes with other luxury brands without the high prices.

LOVE my Enclave

by from Stevensville, MI on January 30, 2011

I tend to get a new car every 2-3 years and so far the Enclave is my favorite. I am one that extensively researches all big purchases the family makes especially cars. We needed a 7 seat crossover and money was not an option so I was fortunate to be able to look at all models - foreign as well as US made. I do have to admit, I would be willing to buy foreign only if it was a vehicle I ABSOLUTELY loved. US made is my preference. I liked the Lexus, Acura and Audi but where we live, service would have been difficult and frankly I didn't love them enough to want to bother with the trouble. As soon as I drove the Enclave I knew it was the one. It rides similar to the other high end crossovers and I liked the interior much more. I traded a loaded 2008 Tahoe LTZ and they share some interior features which I liked. Things I like the best: quiet ride, smooth ride, cooled seats, dual sunroof, SmartSlide middle buckets, storage space. Things I don't care for: Gas mileage - surprisingly the Enclave gets about the same mpg I was getting in the Tahoe. The middle row bucket seats should be auto folding - the Tahoe had this feature and it was great. Rain sensing windshield wipers is also missing - again the Tahoe had this feature and GM should have this available as an option on all high end vehicles. All of these things I can live with (or without) otherwise I wouldn't have purchased the Enclave. I am very happy with my Enclave and have no reqrets whatsoever. Buick definitely got it right.

I give it a 9 so far.

by from Philadelphia, Pa. on February 9, 2011

I've got the CXL FWD. Great looking interior. Lots of cargo space with the rear seats down. I wish the drivers seat bottom tilted back a bit more. Feels like I'm sliding foward at times. Handles well. Ride is very quiet but just a little stiff over bumps. Gas milage averaging about 17 mpg mixed driving. Battery tends to drain while parked for more than 6 days. Dealer says electrical system checks out ok. Engine and transmission are very smooth with more than adequate power. Very solid vehicle. Fit and finish is excellent but hood release control sometimes hangs up. I did my own oil change and the filter is a bear to get without spilling oil. On the turnpike cruising at 70mph is where this vehicle shines. I like the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty.

classy suv

by from calgary ab on April 4, 2012

It was a good experience all around.Will do it again.Cars.com is the best sight I could find.Everyone we dealt with was very helpful.There is no hassle at the border getting the car back to canada.If you do a little research on the internet it is a simple task.

Smooth Ride

by from Ggreenville, SC on July 15, 2013

I would not have considered a Buick until I happened to test drive the Enclave. Either the styling is getting better or I'm getting older faster than I realized. Love the interior with lots of comfortable passenger room. From seats are cozy, although not quite as comfortable as my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Overall, it's worth the trade-off if you need space for 5 or more. Acceleration is good for an SUV. The ride is smoother than my Jeep, so I have to watch the speedometer or I find I am going 10 more than I thought.

I love my Buick Enclave

by from Springtown, Texas on December 19, 2011

Can't think of one negative comment that could possibly be made. My husband, who has been driving a pick-up for the last 50 years, had pretty much taken my Buick over as his own. He says he will need to buy another one for me. We just returned from our second trip to Colorado in the last month and the car handled so well, got good mileage, was comfortable, roomy and luxurious as well as beautiful!!! I had been looking at Audi vehicles for the last two years and am so happy that I made the decision to buy American. I do love the look of the Audi but love my Enclave even more!

this car rides much better than the Acadia I had

by from grand rapids, Michigan on March 10, 2012

My new Buick Enclave is very sharp. It is loaded and drives and rides great. It has a sporty look for an SUV. Very comfortable.

Owned several bricks, this was one of the best

by from Wisconsin on December 27, 2012

If you live we're there is a lot of snow this is a great car with 20 in. Wheels, and a well balanced car. I recommend this car.

Buick Enclave

by from OK on October 29, 2010

The Enclave is the most quiet riding vehicle I have been in and has lots of room with a great overall design.

2nd Enclave in Family

by from on December 28, 2010

We purchased our new 2011 Enclave after hearing our daughter and son-in-law rave about the 2008 Enclave they bought new 3 years ago. They replaced a Mercedes SUV while we replaced a Volkswagen Passat Wagon. We compared closely to Mercedes 450 and Toyota Sienna (including our own driving test and various website reviews), but preferred the Enclave. So far has lived up to expectations.