2013 Encore

2013 Buick Encore

2013 Buick Encore

Have You Driven the 2013 Buick Encore?

A great little buggy

by mongo from Louisville, KY on Mon Mar 25 2013

We just bought an Encore. It really looks great, inside and out. There's plenty of room for 4 adults, and with the back seat folded flat, there's decent cargo space. It handles great and the ride is quiet and smooth. Pick up from a dead start to 60 mph is actually pretty good. Merging onto highways isn't a problem at all. However, quick passing at >65mph is not possible with 138 horses--but that's the trade-off for improved mpg (gets what's advertised). All in all, a great little buggy for most of your driving needs.

Quietest Care I've Owned

by CharlieNEK from Northern Vermont on Wed May 15 2013

We bought our Encore (Leather group, with sunroof) about a month ago, and have put 1K miles on it so far. We?re lovin? it. My last car was an Acura TL (on which I put 155k miles in 7 years), before that Audis. For this car we wanted: AWD, comfort, quiet, good mileage. (We live in northern Vt., 700 ft up a mountainside.) We got all that and more. Our main comparisons as we shopped were: RAV4, CRV, and Forester. All about the same price. The fit and finish whines I see o nthe web have no basis in our experience ? we have noticed NO SUCH PROBLEMS. The car is the quietest I?ve owned (amazingly so for its size) , and the interior is very pleasant and comfortable. There are some places where they could have made it more luxurious, I guess, but overall the feel is really nice. It?s just a pleasure to ride in. Maybe that?s a difference of the Leather Group model. The ride and handling are also very good. I?ve seen reviews criticizing the ride on rough roads. We compared the CRV and RAV4 as we shopped. CRV was similar; RAV4 was noticeably harsher. To be sure I test drove the Encore on a mussdy back road (nearly gave the salesman a heart attack) - it was fine. That was the drive that decided us. The mileage is BETTER than promised. So far we are AVERAGING >30mpg! And we live up a steep hill. Try that in your RAV4. The power level is definitely modest; if you want good mileage that?s the price you pay. The car picks up when you punch it (at a huge cost in mileage). But you hear it working. Looks. I?ve again seen all these smirks about how it looks. All I can say is, I thought it looked funny at first glance, now I like it. The only other car whose looks I actually liked was the RAV4; the CRV is distinctly odd looking and the Forester is totally boring and ugly. IMHO of course. My only complaint is the ?infotainment? system which seems designed to check as many feature boxes as possible without any regard to its useability. It irritates the daylights out of me and I really fault Buick for inflicting this on their entire customer base (it?s common to the line). But from the reviews I see, most makes of car suffer from this. At least the sound is great. So, I hope at least this one datapoint of actual experience will be helpful to you!

Bigger is not better!

by just another drunk from san jose on Tue Mar 05 2013

If you wanna drive a monster SUV and then complain about gas prices, that's your business. This thing does more right than anything else we found. Right size, gorgeous styling, super quiet inside, great MPG.

Cutie Pie

by Suving from Maryland on Fri Apr 12 2013

Very nice, wish other manufactors would do this, not everyone wants a big hulking SUV, but in fact they might want to sit up higher and get to where they need to go in not so good weather, It gives you everything you want and need without breaking the bank and still takes regular gas. Other small SUVs take prem gas NO!

very nice small suv

by encore owner from west virginia on Sun Jun 30 2013

we have had the encore base fwd for almost a month and each time we drive it, we seem to like it more. we tested many small suv's (maxda cx5, nissan rogue, and kia sportage before deciding to buy the encore. it is quiet, smooth driving and a good looking car. we are currently getting actual 31.5 mpg combined city and highway at 70 mph. so once it is "broken in" we would expect to get the 33 mpg the sticker states. I would highly recommend at least giving it a test drive if you are looking at a small suv that is tastefully appointed and has almost everything a person needs and some extras like Bluetooth, backup camera and a decent sound system. note, I only gave it a 4 star for the reliability because having it only a month does not give a person enough time to judge that.

EXCELLENT

by Cars from Md on Mon Aug 26 2013

We just purchased the 2013 Buick Encore and I have to say we are very happy we did. We looked at all of the small SUV's, CRV,Escape, Jeep,Sportage,Tiguan, the only one we really considered is the Tiguan...But we wanted something better on Gas. The Encore nailed it. averaging 27.8 in city Leather package AWD, its comfortable, Cute, Great sound system, Nav, information center, enough room for folks, hatch area is a good amount of space. Its a cute/handsome and upscale...entry luxury without emptying your wallent. Those complaining about lack of Horsepower??? It was built to be a commuter vehicle, it does have ample pick up even on the highway. But for those who desire Horsepower in an SUV are not those concerened with Gas?

In LOVE!

by Kadi D from San Francisco, CA on Fri Apr 26 2013

After two months of car shopping, I ended up right where I started & that's gotta say something about my new ride! After GM agreed to buy back my 2011 Chevy Equinox because it was a lemon, I suddenly found myself test driving everything from the Toyota prius to the Chevy cruze. In the end I went with the Encore because it's a snappy little SUV with great MPG & even though my Chevy was a lemon, GM did right by me & took care of it with little effort on my behalf. Not to mention that I'm addicted to OnStar & the car drives so smooth & cost less then a comparably equipped (leather, navigation, Sunroof & Bose audio) Equinox (which also gets lower MPG). So yea... I am super stoked about my Encore.

Most comfortable and reliable vehicles

by Buick Fan from London on Wed Feb 26 2014

My husband and I have just purchased a 2013 Buick Encore, we are retired and wanted a vehicle that was not too big, easy to get in and out off, good gas mileage and comfortable....we test drove other vehicles of this size but came back to the Buick Encore. I would highly recommend this vehicle, we really love everything about it.

Favorite vehicle so far

by City commuter from Minneapolis, MN on Fri Feb 07 2014

I bought my 2013 Encore 5 months ago and so far, one of my best decisions ever. I live in the midwest and we were hit with one of our worst winters in years. I was surprised how well it handled as I did not get the AWD. The turn radius and compact size are a dream come true when commuting and parking in the City. Taking it on road trips is even more enjoyable with the Bose sound system and the smooth quiet ride. I love my Encore and can't believe I got it at such a reasonable price.

Love my new Encore!!

by SLN from Oklahoma City, OK on Wed Jun 05 2013

I would highly suggest this crossover for anyone looking for a smaller SUV. I've been searching for the perfect one for over 8 months now and when I saw the commercial for this I just had a feeling it would be the one. Sure enough when I went for the test drive it performed better than expected. The maneuverability is what really got me. After driving an Equinox for over 6 years, I was highly impressed at how easy it is to drive the Encore. I love the exterior and interior design?.it?s kind of like a baby Enclave. I really like the backup camera feature too and it?s wonderful that it comes standard in all Encores. I thought that I would need a navigation system, but having OnStar allows for you to input the address of your destination into your phone and the directions will go right into your screen in the car. You can also call OnStar to do this. This is however a SMALL crossover so if you are needing to travel with a lot of things, this may not be the car for you. I don?t think a family of 5 would be too comfortable. I do wish it had a bit more storage space in the center console. Overall I LOVE the Encore and I am so happy I purchased it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2013 Buick Encore

If the 2013 Buick Encore is a sign of more bite-sized premium crossovers to come, car shoppers have plenty to look forward to.

The new segment includes the likes of a BMW X1 and the forthcoming Audi Q3 and Lincoln MKC. The exact parameters for this class are blurry: Base prices and features overlap with everyman crossovers like the larger Ford Escape and Volkswagen Tiguan, while well-equipped models encroach on Audi Q5 and Acura RDX territory.

That brings us back to the Encore — a premium little trucklet with bona fide luxury options. Base, Convenience, Leather and Premium trim levels are available with front- or all-wheel drive; compare them here. We drove an all-wheel-drive Encore Premium whose... Read More