2018 Envision

2018 Buick Envision

2018 Buick Envision

Have You Driven the 2018 Buick Envision?

Safest car I've ever driven!!!!

by lucky from Oshkosh, WI on Thu Feb 22 2018

I was recently in an unusual car accident where a loose tire/rim from a truck traveling north on an interstate hit the median, became airborne, and bounced in front of me traveling southbound and shot directly into the windshield of my Buick Encore. I truly believe if I was in a different car, I wouldn't be alive today. The car was totaled. Because of the secure feeling I had in the Encore, I stayed with Buick, and purchased a 2018 Envision. I love this car and all the safety features. Thank you to Buick for being my guardian angel with me that night. :)

Great for the price

by SamS from Wilton on Thu May 24 2018

Since the 2019 model year for this vehicle which changed the transmission and added an on/off switch for the start/stop technology launched in May 2018, I bought one of the 2018 models in April 2018 at a huge $13,000 discount on a loaded model, making it cost less than a loaded Chevy Equinox. As reviews stated, it is quite competitive as a near luxury vehicle. While not as luxurious as a BMW X3 it competes with, at a price point more than $20,000 less than that BMW makes it a bargain. The car has automatic parking (will park the car for you), crash prevention technology, a turbo engine, a nice interior (almost as nice as the BMW but with a few more hard plastics on the lower part of the doors), and drives particularly well. In fact, driving this car and within the hour test driving an X3 I realized both cars handled particuarly well. I don't get the reviews saying it does not handle well. In fact, in testing by Consumer Reports it showed in acccident avoidance the Envision went through the course faster than the BMW X3, Audi Q5, and Mercedes GLC. For a car that "does not handle all that well" it shows at its limits it can actually handle better than the foreign competition. The car was designed in the US and Europe on the South Korean Delta platform, so the fact it was built in China does not bother me. After 2000 miles of troublefree performance I expect to get at least 10 years out of this vehicle. My last GM car, a 2006 Saab 9-3, lasted almost 12 years and just over 170,000 miles when a tree fell on it - I could have easily broken 200,000 on it if the tree had not happened. I expect the same from this vehicle. I am averaging 24 mpg with the turbo 4 and AWD in mixed driving. My old Saab in comparison averaged 26 mpg which was two mpg better, but it was only front wheel drive. For an SUV to only give up two mpg in driving with AWD is not bad at all. The heads-up display showing how fast you are going, the radio station you are on, and if the cruise control is on or off is useful. The digital dashboard can show mapping instructions if you decide to use the main screen in the dashboard for something else, like XM radio. Wi-fi streaming is useful and works well. At only $20 a month for unlimited data usage it is much better than any of the cell phone plans (you get AT&T's network in the car). I have connected only two phones so far but I am told I can connect up to 7 individuals (car only seats 5). Basically, I got this car at a fire sale price since the 2019s were coming in the next couple of weeks. If you can find a 2018 right now (May 2018) you can get a bargain of a lifetime.

I love my new car

by Jason Tutor from Land O Lakes on Tue Feb 27 2018

This vehicle is loaded with a lot of features, it is very roomy and has a lot of cargo room. Defiantly a good buy!

Completely satisfied

by Flo from New Creek, WV on Fri Mar 02 2018

This is my second Envision, my husband totaled my seven month old Envision and I ordered exactly the same car only in a 2018. I just love all the features this vehicle has. It almost drives itself. Lots of room in the front and back seat area. Can't say a negative thing about it except maybe the price. lol. But it is worth it.

out of 5 starsInterior Design

Durable car I have owned since new

by SamS from Wilton on Mon Sep 24 2018

We were shopping five door hatchback sedans and midsize SUVs at the NY Car show before visiting a few dealers. Narrowed it down the BMW X3, Lexus RX, and Buick Envision. Why compare these three? We wanted to see if the cars were that much different in the driving experience. Used the 4 cylinder turbo in the BMW and Buick, Lexus only has a V6. The Buick was AWD with hyperstrut suspension, the BMW and Lexus only had one suspension offered. To my (and wife's) surprise, the Buick was close behind the BMW in handling, and marginally better than the Lexus. The quality of the interior matched the other two manufacturers. The performance of the turbo engine was closely matched to the other two engines as well. While the Lexus has the bigger engine, it also gets slightly worse gas mileage than the two other models we compared it to. Interior materials were better in the BMW and Lexus because below the armrests Buick uses hard plastic. However above the armrest again the three cars were pretty much the same. Also, the track control in the Lexus was absolutely horrendous to use. You have to be at a stoplight to manipulate any of those controls in the RX - no way to use them on the move. This factor pretty much eliminated the Lexus from consideration. Next was price. So the BMW was more expensive - for a lot. The BMW loaded was going for just over $56,000 and the dealer was willing to sell it to me for $55,000 (I equipped it the same as a fully loaded Buick since BMW offers more luxury features than Buick does - so automatic crash prevention was included, air cooled seats, but not the top M class package). The Buick being a 2018 and the 2019 was coming out in May 2018, was only $38,000 ($14,000 discount). So if I was willing to pay $17,000 for a slightly better handling car, name recognition, and a slightly better interior the BMW was the better car. However, I was interested in saving that large amount of money for a car that was close in initial quality to the BMW. So I bought the Buick. What do we not like about the Buick? Simply put, the Portholes need to go. They are very dated now and the little plastic strip they put on the hood are useless. I wish GM/Buick would just dump that. I think they did (finally) on the new Regal, now they need to do it for the rest of the lineup. Reliability early on is great. In four months, drove 9000 miles with no problems and one oil change at 6000 miles. The dealer did the oil change for free (the first two are free) sot that was nice. Extensive use of the features on long trips and they all work well. The XM traffic avoidance worked well in urban areas and highways, not as well in the middle of nowhere (but it did warn of a car race in the middle of nowhere in PA). The self parking function does not always find a spot immediately but 90% of the time detects the spot, and will essentially park the car for you as long as you brake and change from forward and reverse when instructed. It is a nice "luxury" addition they made on the car. After four months, the family loves this car. The wife loves to drive it (it is not a big car to drive) and having OnStar, the kids love the back seat with the wi-fi connections, the two USB ports, AC controls for the back seat, the heated rear seats, and the fact you can recline the back seats to relax. It has turned out this car is perfect for our family of four, and we are happy we made this choice.

Best Car for the Money feels like a $60K MSRP!!!!

by MK from Illinois on Mon May 28 2018

The Essence trim level has all the bells and whistles you need. The 2.5 engines performance is smooth and the transmission always makes sure you get the most performance out of the motor while using 87 octane. Don?t expect sports car performance if so than get a Camaro or ATS. The quality and craftsmanship of this vehicle feels about $20K more than the msrp. Ride quality is 1st class and you are just sailing on the Highway. My 1st Buick and I am in my 30?s, Great work GM!!!!!

Car rides very smoothly!

by Brenda Gonzalez from Whitestone, New York on Tue Jul 03 2018

The car is a perfect fit for a family. The leg room is very spacious. This Buick/Envision is very comfortable. Everything is button that I am still trying to remember what I was thought.

GREAT car.

by Jim F from Rockport, TX on Tue Jul 03 2018

GREAT car. Fun to drive with a lot of bells and whistles. Easy to drive and park. Power seats make driving easy and fun. Can't wait to take a trip.

Afforable Luxury

by New Buick Owner from Virginia on Wed Jul 25 2018

This car provides the luxury feel of higher end vehicles but without the price tag. design of front end is great and roomy throughout the car.

It's just the right size for me

by #2 packer fan from clintonville, Wi on Thu Jun 28 2018

I love imy Envsion!! I could use more hands on storage for kleenex, etc. From the large back-up screen to the reverse vibration in the seat to the multiple adjustable seats, the Envision has nearly every thing I could dream of.

1 2