2005 LaCrosse

2005 Buick LaCrosse

2005 Buick LaCrosse

4.3

Have you driven the 2005 Buick LaCrosse?

Good solid vehicle

by LaCrosse Owner from Lawrence, KS on Fri Dec 12 2014

I bought my 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL in 2009, with 50,000 miles on it. It is now up to 122,000 miles without any serious problems. Other than typical maintenance issues like new brake pads and oil changes, the main repair has been a bad left front wheel ABS sensor at 115,000 miles, which was not cheap to fix, but otherwise the car has been reliable and economical. It still gets 30 MPH on the highway, 20 in the city, and has plenty of power. The 3800 Series III V6 engine remains strong and the transmission is still smooth, all of the electricals still work properly, and the body is showing no signs of rust or excess wear. The only thing I don't like about it is that the trunk doesn't have a key! You have to use the electric opener without a key backup. That's a silly design decision by the GM beancounters no doubt. Overall, however, the Buick engineers did their job with this one.

Nice ride

by Old Hippie from Twin Cities on Tue Oct 20 2009

One of the nicest cars I've owned. However, I miss the hood ornament! Rides smooth and handles well. Standard audio system is a real trat.

Great Car so far

by Buckeye Nut from Ohio on Fri Dec 25 2009

This car has been a great one and the reliability has been rock solid. It now has 65K and still runs like a gem. The engine is smooth and a strong performer. I would buy another in a heartbeat. The car is still nice and tight with no rattles. I have had cars from all makes and this one has been one of the best.

My 05 Buick

by lunagoddess05 from Martins Ferry, OH on Thu Mar 09 2017

I had a 05 Buick Lacrosse in 2009 and LOVED it. It was my baby, until my ex-husband totaled it in 2013. Since then I've driven a Sierra, Mountaineer, and a Malibu. None of which I loved. I started searching for a used vehicle with low miles that was in good shape and reasonably priced. I found just that at Dream Deals on Wheel. I went there looking at an Impala and then I seen the Buick and it was fate! they had already sols the Impala and the Buick was almost identical to my old one. Took it for a test drive and 3 days later its mine. I got my Silver Bullet back. Love the way it rides, handles, looks, feels, everything about it.

Senority Car

by Juan from Ulster, New York on Thu Mar 25 2010

Good car in gas, confortable to drive in any weather. Also it is the perfect size for peolpe to drive.

Never owned a car for so long.

by Badge15 from Cleveland, OH on Fri Nov 03 2017

I purchased this new as a lease and decided to buy it out. I thought a few years and I would trade it in, but I had almost no issues except tires and brakes which in 12 years is nothing compared to other cars I have owned. Has to be the most reliable car I have had and I've owned 2 Lincolns (Marc IV), Olds, Pontiac, Chevy, Ford and an English car that I can't name!

Very impressive vehicle

by NHGearhead on Mon Aug 27 2018

Bought my 2005 LaCrosse CX in May of 2018, intending it to be a first car for my son. The car was absolutely immaculate with just 55k miles on the clock and, with a purchase price of just over $5,000, I snapped it up immediately. The fit, finish, overall build quality, reliability and performance of this car is excellent. The car feels solid and eats up highway all day long, delivering 29+ mpg even when cruising for long periods at 85-90 mph. Fantastic comfort, interior space, climate control and audio system. This car is as quiet and composed as any Caddy, Benz, or Lexus out there...that's no joke. In fact, it may even be quieter. I live in New England and the fact that this car has literally ZERO rust on it after 13 years is amazing. The only work I had done to the car after purchasing it was a Mobil 1 oil change, a transmission flush and a cooling system flush. Unfortunately for my son, I commandeered this car for much of the summer for long work trips and it has been an absolute pleasure to drive. I've also come to appreciate both the elegant, aerodynamic exterior styling as well as the intuitive, button-free interior as I've accumulated seat time in the car. This was a great purchase.

Great Car

by tonysal on Sat Apr 21 2018

This car checked all the boxes. Roomy, comfortable, and reliable. Bought it used, but never had a day of trouble from it. It really is a great car.

Nice ride great gas mileage

by Buickman on Fri Apr 13 2018

This is a very Roomy great gas milage fun sporty to drive car. Would recommend it to any one. Love the car. Will buy another one

Old school luxury

by aprilnewyork from Berkley, MI on Thu May 24 2018

Roomy with 2 bench seats, comfortable ride, nice features, quiet interior, great A/C & heat with climate control, big trunk, love the deep burgundy color,

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Buick LaCrosse

The Century is history, and the Regal has been retired ... So, if you want a new Buick midsize sedan, LaCrosse is your game. Buick's all-new 2005 LaCrosse is nothing like the rough-and-tumble game played by racket-wielding, helmet-wearing players on an open field. From bumper to bumper, Buick's LaCrosse is softer, kinder and gentler.

And after a week of driving the CXS, which is the top-of-the-heap LaCrosse of three trim levels offered, I'd say it's better than the old Buick Century and Regal it replaced.

Let's start with styling. The Centuryoften was criticized as too vanilla-looking, and the Regal's edgy looks came off as too over-the-top for some. By comparison, the LaCrosse looks like a happy compromise... Read More