2007 Buick Lacrosse

Used Luxury For A Decent Price

by from Maine Wookiee on July 11, 2017

My grandfather had bought the 2007 Buick LaCrosse CXL new, and as I went into high school my family purchased it as my daily commuter. After high school I used it to travel between home in VA to college in ME multiple times in a year, and not once have I had a major problem that has caused me to not be able to drive it. Through driving it so much here are a few things I think are important about the car: While it may be considered an old man's car, there is nothing wrong with living the luxury life in it, as for an older model the BOSE stereo, dual climate control, and heated/leather seats make for a comfortable cross country ride. Even with luxury the car is no slouch, even though the base engine V6 says the 0-60 time is at 8.8 seconds, it feels much faster and the ride handling is very smooth, even when pushing the pedal down all the way and feeling the car shifting into overdrive. If driven carefully you can get 28ish mpg on the highway, but usually the average is around 20 mpg with around town and highway combined. There's plenty of cargo space too, as moving into an apartment by myself only took a few trips. Overall I loved every minute I had with this car, and going on 100,000 miles it is still fully functional with no major problems, and the only reason I'm giving it up to my little brother is so that I can have 4WD in the snow up in Maine.

Best car I've EVER owned.

by on July 7, 2017

It's a wonderful car. Extremely comfortable, drives great. Interior and exterior are both fantastic.

Very Dependable But Recurring Door Lock Issues

by from Suburban Chicago on May 30, 2017

Overall, our 2007 Buick Lacrosse has been a dependable car which is economical and has served us well. However, there is one recurring issue which should have had a recall by Buick. The door actuators go bad, at which point, the car door can not be opened from inside or outside the vehicle. It is quite aggravating and potentially a safety issue if you had to exit the car in an emergency. It is a very common, widespread problem of which Buick is well aware yet they refuse to have a recall. Bringing it back to the dealer for repair will run about $250 per door and if you own the car long enough expect to have the same issue reoccur with the same door multiple times. In light of this, it seems to be terribly bad from a business perspective for Buick to refuse to do something to remedy this problem. All they need to do is read any of the many auto forums on-line to see how many people are frustrated and swear they will never again buy a Buick to understand how this is damaging their reputation. Seems to be an extremely naive and short sighted business decision on their part.

Comfortable and smooth.

by from Muncie, IN on May 12, 2017

The Lacrosse is a great car for what its intended purpose is, comfortable, smooth and quiet. The brakes are and steering are not the most responsive, especially if you're used to the feel of an import. It you're not in a hurry and want to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride its a great pick.

Great Car Great Value

by from Cleveland, Ohio on February 21, 2014

I evaluate cars mosty on value...miles I expect to get and cost to get them. This car has great value. Using Cars.com and being astute, you can find a reasonably priced care with low miles. I purchased a CXS model with all the options for thousands less than Blue Book and I love it. If you can get it, the backup warning feature is great. Car is comfortable, rides nice, quiet, great sound system and looks good. Great value.

Great Car for the Money

by from Vicksburg,MS on November 6, 2011

I purchased my lacrosse used and absolutely love it! I'm usually a lone rider so space may be a concern if you have more than three. Love the power and style that this vehicle offers. Handles great and glides like butter on the highway.

Okay Car

by from Upstate New York on October 20, 2011

I have had a lot of trouble with the braking system on this car. New brakes ,rotors, bearing and still having problems with the ABS system. This car has only 50 thousand miles on it. I bought it new. Been in the garage 5 times in two months.

2007 Buick LaCrosse CXL

by from New York, NY on December 12, 2010

the 2007 Buick LaCrosse was voted #1 in reliability by JD Powers & Associates. I personally own this car since new and the only problem I've had with it is the poor visibility when backing up into a parking spot or otherwise.

OUTSTANDING

by from SACRAMENTO on June 10, 2009

YOU WON'T FIND A MORE RELIABLE AND COMFORTABLE MID-SIZE CAR ON THE MARKET.FOR THE PRICE THE LACROSSE CAN'T BE BEAT.GREAT FAMILY CAR.

Good value

by from Toronto, Ontario on May 23, 2007

I have teh car since 2005 and had no problems, it was very comfortable and with decent mileage. Nicely equipped and functional car,