1998 Buick Lesabre

Most reliable car I've owned.

by from Cincinnati, Ohio on March 18, 2008

I've only had two major problems in 65,000 miles and I believe that both were manufacturer's defects. The wires to my air conditioning system fused and had to be replaced at a cost of $900. The exhaust manifold leaked and caused antifreeze to enter my cylinders. Repair cost, again, $900. It rides like a dream. It's like driving a cloud. I'll keep it till it falls apart. It has no rain gutters which I really miss.

bullet proof

by from northwest USA on March 29, 2008

avoid if you are under 5'7". plenty of leg room and room to relax. better mileage and more room than ALOT of mid sizecars out there. Very economical to operate. save money..... low grade fuel required

LaSabre ..Love It!

by from Horry Co. SC on December 8, 2012

First LaSabre 1994..dealer left over. Loved it..no complaints, plenty of long distance highway and local driving. Sold it around 2003 with 174,000+/- m. Went to find another one..they are hard to find! Bought 1998 with 50,000 m. Presently 130,000 m.. Performance just fine for us, comfy suspension and seats, plenty of head and leg room, great trunk space..golf clubs and lots of luggage. Styling now phased out, but still an attractive car. Minimal problems..no complaints. Love the quality of the paint. Car feels substantial and sturdy. I trust my car. I'm well an "older" woman..made sudden decision to drive alone to upstate NY and back to SC without concern. Will miss this car!

Still going

by from Tennessee on January 7, 2014

269,000 miles and still going, although I'm at the end of the road with this one. The ride is wonderfully comfortable, smooth and luxurious. The body is still just like new, no rust. I have a tan exterior with tan leather interior. Now for the downside. A head gasket at 90 miles, an intake valve at 262,000 miles, a water pump, the headliner fell down, no heat or air-conditioning, no CD or tape deck, a tensioner (serpentine belt holder) at 267,000 miles. But the car is a work horse, I run cars hard with an hour commute for 13 years and run them over rough gravel hills up and down driveways. But things go wrong with all cars. I got this one for $500 in 2007 but now it's time for a different car. These cars last and they are gorgeous cars. I love mine.

Our Expert Review: 1998 Buick Lesabre