2005 Buick Lesabre

The Best Car I have Ever Owned

by from Fountain Valley, CA on October 15, 2007

2005 Buick Le Sabre Limited. Has all the gizmos, including the Head Up Display. Rides very quiet and smooth. The engine purrs. shifts smoothly. Took the car on a 7,900 mile cross-country trip and it performed like a champ. How is 531 miles on 14.891 gallons? Do the math. 35.7 miles per gallon. This trip was from Amarillo, TX to Holbrook, AZ. Overall gas mileage for the entire trip, including getting caught in traffic, in downtown Manhattan was 31 mpg. With that kind of gas mileage, who needs a Toyota or a Honda?

Buick LeSabre

by from Minnapolis, MN on June 11, 2009

I have owned many late model Buicks. The Lesabre is the best all around vehicle. One of GM's best kept secrets; 30mpg highway, full size 6 passenger Great handling, & quiet ride. I question GM advertising about their compact cars and how they get 30mpg for years the Lesabre already has done that. In many ways it is not a Cadillac but for the value it beats them all. I hope GM can get their act together they are probably one of the best domestic car makers today and the Lesabre is a great example. GM is slow on the draw with minor/ major issues such as the 3800 intakes leaking. This is a problem going back several years and GM still refuses to acknowledge the issue.

hale

by from Grants Pass, Oregon on August 7, 2006

Have purchased this car last October. Love it, great ride, and economy for a big car. My wife and I just drove it on a 4600 mile trip down the west coast, across to Texas, then up to Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and then back home. Car was a wonder to drive, handled like a wonder, we averaged over 28 miles per gallon, in pure confort. We went over the contintenal divide 2 times and the car preformed as good as it would have on level ground. It is not a sports car, but a nice driving, economical way to drive.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

by from PA on September 8, 2007

I purchased this lesabre used with 14,000 miles, and 17 months later, have 51,000 on the odometer. Other than new tires, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL! I am very pleased with the comfort,power, and most of all, the Roominess of it. Moving my Son up to college at RIT in western N.Y, i am amazed at how much stuff fits into this vehicle. AND TO BOOT, IT GETS 32 mPG on the highway. Take that opec! Overall, FANTASTIC auto.

Second LeSabre purchased

by from WI on February 26, 2010

Have had a 2002 for a few years. Wanted to update to as new as possible. 2005, last year the LeSabre was made. Lucerne is not the LeSabre by any means.

Great Roomy Six Passenger

by from Fort Myers Beach, FL on December 27, 2008

Recently purchased a used 2005 LaSebre after selling my older 1997. Tons more electronic gadgets in the new one. Great interior styling and ergonomics. Dashboard and drivers control nicely configured. Love the heads-up display and turn signals in the mirrors. Six passenger with lots of leg and headroom. Very large trunk space. Runs excellent, great pickup, rides like a baby carraige. Very Happy with Purchase. Gas milage is fantastic for the size. 22 to 30 per gallon with no effort. I don't know why Buick discontinued this model. The new ones lack the roomy interior which most older folks love.

Wish they were still building this model

by from Indianapolis, IN on August 1, 2011

I would echo all of the other reviews. I am a big person so I need the roomy interior of the La Sabre. I am a salesmam so I live in my car and this is the car to have. I get 26-28 MPG consistently. I drive this everywhere interstate, rural roads and state highways. It takes it all in. My only regret is this was the last year Buick made this amazing model. With the super 3800 engine, it is a very reliable machine. Don't hesitate to buy one if this is the type of car you are looking for.

Most reliable car made

by from Tyler,tx on March 21, 2012

I don't understand why Buick stopped production of this car I love the Le Sabre this recent purchase is my third one the other only replaced because of a wreck and falling in Love with this one.This car has great power and rides so smooth and great gas mileage 18 City 30 Hwy

smooth, reliable and comfort all in one

by from Flora, IL on October 27, 2010

one of the most roomiest cars I have driven. very comfortable and smooth ride. what else can you expect from a buick.

Best all around car made

by from Okla. on January 19, 2010

3 of these and I'm convinced they're the best car built for my purposes (great mileage and comfort).