1996 Park Avenue

1996 Buick Park Avenue

1996 Buick Park Avenue

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1996 Buick Park Avenue?

It's a treasure

by copyboy from Dayton, Ohio on Sat Jun 13 2009

Bought it used at 43,000 in 2004, have 88,000 in 09. Unusual expenses: Battery cable ($32 from dealer), idler pulley ($185), power steering line ($90). The beauty of Buicks is that they are a favorite of old men, who don't abuse them, so good used ones are easy to find. The veteran GM 3.8 engine is ideal. It does 70 mph at 2000 rpm. I calculate an amazing 34 mpg on the highway. I have the base model, which uses regular gas. I'm looking for signs of body rust, finding none. My old Impala had slightly more comfortable seats (a little more recline) which is why I score off on comfort. Styling is plain as a mud fence but so what? A keeper.

Hate to give it up.

by vicar from Florida on Wed Nov 01 2006

Best car I have ever owned. Really sorry Buick chose not to continue making it I am still looking for something to replace it. 2 cross country trips and 115,000 miles cost me a drive belt, tires, a/c repair, and oil changes.

Favorite Car

by Angie from on Sun Jan 15 2012

I'm looking @ another Park Avenue on line and yes I plan on buying it, this will be my forth one, I've owned a 91 burgandy one traded it in and bought a tan colered one and now I own a white one whisch is a 92 and my tan one was a 94 ruined in an accident which lead me to the white one I now drive, I love this car it's truly awsome! I only like the older models, too bad they are no longer made. Guess I'll stick with a ParkAvenue until something else catches my eye.

Wonderful Used Car

by MidStreamBend from Northern Michigan on Mon Dec 28 2009

Love this car! Consistently getting 27-30 mpg on highway driving. Had 105,000 miles when I bought it. Has 170,000 now. Very reliable with few problems for a high mileage car. Have only had to replace spark plugs & wires, have brake pads rotated, new fuel pump, and brake line broke. Very comfortable with 6-way power adjustable. May not be sporty looking, but I am definitely going to try to buy a Park Avenue when I replace this one.

Great car

by gman from Indianapolis, IN on Sun Feb 27 2011

Excellent car all the way around! Great features not bad on gas 19 city - 29 hwy. This car has great features.

Good car

by Indy from Cleveland Ohio on Tue Oct 03 2017

I like it but it's too big for me looking for something smaller. It gets me from a to b been driving it since the beginning of this year

Our Take on the 1996 Buick Park Avenue

Political correctness is losing its luster.

These days, some people start mumbling nasty things about your mother when you mention something politically correct. These days, political incorrectness seems to be correct.

Such is the case with cars. Cruise around in a Buick Park Avenue Ultra for a week and you'll get the sudden urge to smoke a cigar. (They're back in style now, too.)

Open the door and step back to a time when American cars were kings of the road. There to greet you is a split bench seat swathed in leather with gentle contours redolent of sofa cushions. Shaped for those who enjoy living large, they're soft but not overly supportive. They're electrically heated, too... Read More