2005 Buick Rainier consumer reviews

$33,785–$35,610 MSRP range
side view of 2005 Rainier Buick
Explore the 2005 Rainier Buick
Shop the 2005 Rainier Buick

The best car that have had, will keep it tol I am

Great car for towing and my v8 is a screamer, it has 140000 miles and runs like new. Love the car and was sorry that Buick quit making them

3.4

Good for the money

I currently have a 2010 Mountaineer and I have driven older Mountaineers. The Rainier has a lot of body roll which my 05 Explorer did not have, It is low on Interior room and not the smoothest ride, The 5.3L V8 had tons of power and It is a quick car with this engine. Value is good because you can find a used one for $3000-6000 and they have better reliability than the same year Explorer.

Best Mountain rig I have ever owned!

This all-wheel drive is so quiet I find myself Whispering when I'm driving it! It has been a very reliable vehicle and I feel very safe driving it up into the mountains and on back roads. I am so happy I own this vehicle!

Nicest car I've ever owned.

Very comfortable and just a joy to drive. Handles great ! Feels like a luxury car. Still enjoying finding all the bells and whistles!

3.9

Winter champion, MPG is pretty bad though.

Overall, great car. Been through so much with this car. The MPG is the only reason I can't really give it 5 Stars.

Hidden Gem

Few people know that Buick made this SUV, but it is a top-of-the-line (best version) of the GM Trailblazer/Envoy SUV. Air shocks make it extremely comfortable to ride in - my friends with Mercedes are always amazed how nice the ride is. The ones with the V-8 engine are a joy to drive - plenty of zip to for the interstate and any other quick accelerating you want to do. The straight 6 is adequate, but not as fun and the same mileage as the V-8. The AWD handles the snow and winter slickness very well here in the hills of West Virginia. Not as many cup-holders as newer cars, but a great adults car.

Who says American vehicles are not great!

I bought my Black 05 Rainier V8 used from the original owner. Awesome vehicle! It now has over 100K miles and you never would know it. I did have the airbags replaced recently on the rear suspension the truck would not stay up. Rides great now. The truck gets a lot of looks and comments. :) It tows great as well!

4.3

Another Great Buick

This is the third Buick I've owned and all have been great. Little to no repairs and very reliable. I've had the Ranier for 2 years and it is a pleasure to drive. Very comfortable with plenty of room. Great performance whether in thecity or on the highway. My next car will be a Buick again!

4.1

Wow! Beautiful vehicle

I think this vehicle handles exceptionally well and has a smooth ride. Acceleration power is sufficiently responsive. Mine is loaded with all the extras and so far isn't too difficult to figure out. The stereo programming buttons are a little confusing but after less than one day of driving, i think i've found most of them. Some may find all the buttons confusing. anything else i've had a problem figuring out is only by lack of experience (Onstar, bluetooth). This is a beautiful vehicle and even has a compressor built in in the rear side panel to inflat the tires! Comes with manuals w/instructions for every feature including onstar.

More bang for the buck

Lots of high end features. Higher ride like a SUV but rides comfortable like a car. Might not have purchased new because of the original sticker, but it makes for a really great ride now. We bought as a certified vehicle, so that gives us an additional sense of well being on the purchase of this vehicle. Love everything about it. Very classy. Strong & even acceleration. Mine has adjustable pedals also, which is great for my wife's 5 foot hight. They are 2 driver save positions, so she is programed in to have the pedals & seat adjust automatically when she gets in. Dual heat/air controls for both front passengers saves alot of arguments also. It even lets you know when you need an oil change. For a 2005 this vehicle came equipped with alot of extra features!!! no complaints. Always heard that Buick made a solid vehicle and now I am inclined to agree. Feels solid on the rode, with a quiet ride .Very pleased with our purchase.