2006 Rainier

2006 Buick Rainier

2006 Buick Rainier

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Buick Rainier?

Most comfortable car

by american boy from Aspen, CO on Thu Dec 10 2009

Feel like I'm seating on my sofa at home when driving. I couldn't hear anything from the outside when all the windows closed. Everything is automatic include lights, stereos system, mirror curb, driving. These automatic are convenient and I couldn't complain about anything.

Great little SUV

by Buick Girl from on Sat Mar 07 2009

This vehicle has been reliable, fun to drive and I get better mileage than they are rated. No bad points at all. Quality built.

Great Value for a used vehicle

by traveling rose from Shelby Twp, MI on Wed Feb 24 2010

I bought the V-8 version of the 06 Buick Ranier. Drives like a dream. Doesn't feel bulky and is easy to maneuver. Love the leather, heateed seats. Great for Michigan winters. It looks and feels like a luxury vehicle without the luxury pricetag. The inside in roomy and can handle large furniture, etc. My has towing capability which I may need in the future. Would recommend.

"Most comfortable car I have ever owned"

by Wife, Mother and Therapist from Darien, Il. on Thu Feb 15 2007

Wow, what a dream to drive! With standard luxuries, a clean design and lots of room for the whole crowd, this is one of the best SUV's on the market today. My 2006 Rainier handles well, is fun to drive and had a competitive price. It may very well be the best car I have ever purchased. The New Buick's, they're worth taking another look at, if you are planning a quality purchase.

Very comfortable and powerful BUICK

by Thom Buickfan from Palm Harbor, FL on Thu Dec 05 2019

This car meets my expectations to comfort, interior design and the power it has. The ride is smooth and size has been right for what I need a car for. I would buy this model again.

Good vehicle; poor dealership support

by RichieRich79 from Austin, TX on Mon Jul 17 2017

The 2006 Rainier is a well-made car; the interior is very nice and well-designed. I've had a few things go wrong with it (including recalls), but the worst part is taking it in to the dealership where I live. They are horrible.

Sad to see you go...

by Deadwolf from Olean, NY on Mon Feb 23 2009

The Rainer was the best Mid-Size SUV the GM motor company has produced to date, and its sad that this was the last year of production. Comfort: Compared to the Envoy and Trailblazer of the current year and past, the Rainer has extra driver and passenger room all around. Being a normal 6'1 foot "big guy", this SUV fit me quiet well. The Envoy and Trail blazer were smaller in the cockpit compared to the Rainer and back seat. Compared to other manufactures of cross overs and current Mid-size Suv's i have yet to find one that is comparable in internal size comfort for my legs and shoulders. Currently i have three Car Seats acrossed the back, it's a tight fit, but it fits. Three Adults in back is tight too, as most Mid-size Suv claim to be 5 seaters they are really 4-Adult seaters. Performance: The stability track is great, the 4.2L I-6 has some strength, the all-wheel drive has got me in and out of just about everything so far (i live in the north, it snows here alot!), and the handling is excellent for an SUV but watch out for that Cross Wind... Exterior: What can you say i like the look, Chrome is everywhere and who doesn't like chrome? Interior: Buttons are all were they are supped to be. You got all the gadgets and gizmos which make impressing your friends easy. The wood trim is a nice touch. The only grip i have about the interior is the cup holders. There is a cup holder position in front of the shifter in the middle console. This cup holder is useless, If you put something in it's place you have to take it out before shifting back into park, or you pinch you finger putting into park and be unable to get your drink out with out smashing it. Come on people don't you ever got to Burger king? Over all: The Rainer will take you for a ride you and your passengers will enjoy and be pleased to have driven for so many miles. Four person Families are perfect for this SUV, the luxuries are a nice touch with a smooth ride. In the end you many just feel teary eyed to let her go.

Buying a second one

by John from Flint, MI on Tue Jan 27 2015

My wife and myself purchased a 2005 Rainier in 2008, and between the two of us drove it 140,000 miles. It had 198,000 miles on it when it was in an accident that totaled it. We are buying another for one reason, it is a great car. With good maintenance, The V8 was trouble free for 180,000 miles, ended up needing to change starter at 181,000, The water pump at 190,000 Other than tires, and some other odds and ends it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. We are in the process of purchasing a 2006, because we liked the vehicle so much. We Loved the sound BOSE radio, that is on most of these with a sunroof or the DVD player. It was quiet on the road, I did not have to yell at her to speak at 70mph. It rode like a dream, and the AWD went through the snow like nothing was there... Overall it is a great vehicle, wish they would bring them back.

Best vehicle I've owned

by Regular guy from Fort Payne, AL on Wed Dec 05 2018

I bought my Rainier when it had 6,800 miles. I only recently sold it with 236,000 miles on it. I tried to find a low-mileage Rainier as a replacement, but apparently everyone who owns one keeps it until it has high mileage. The Rainier was very reliable for me. The only major thing I ever had done was replace the air suspension components. It cost around $1k to do, but was well worth it to keep the excellent ride it always had. It was truly a great vehicle to own and drive, and I'm surprised more people didn't buy one.

I love my Buick

by Tinna from CABOT, Ar. on Fri Jan 04 2019

I have had this car for 8 years. I love it. It is so comfortable. I could get 8n it load my family up and go anywhere. The comfort is amazing.

1 2