Read or write a review.

2007 Buick Rainier

2007 Buick Rainier

Change Year
Average based on 9 reviews

Great value for the money

by from Minnesota on February 6, 2011

We are on our second Rainier. First an 04 and then an 07. The 07 rides more refined than the 04 and the subtle differences plus the stabilitrak and traction control (finally standard on the AWD model) make the two Rainiers quite a bit different. They worked out a few of the rougher edges by the 07 model year. Both have the V8 and the power difference is night and day to the I6 especially for towing our very heavy boat and the mileage is the same as the I6. The 07 with the cylinder deactivation function provides about 10% better mileage than our 04 without that technology. Our 07 has every option offered including the navigation system which is nice but looks a bit dated compared to the new generation tech. If you have the entertainment system you can play a cd in the overhead dvd player and still use the navigation function. (only the SAAB 9-7x allowed you to play a cd and use the navigation disk simultaniously even though the nav units look the same the SAAB is different) I haven't used a cd in years though. I'm glad Buick made their version of the GMT 360 because they are a deal in the used market and most of the things that are options on the other version such as the Envoy are standard on the Rainier. Here is a sampling of what came on our 07 that can be options on other brands (excluding the air bags): Heated leather seats, side curtain airbags, wooden stearing wheel, AWD, Traction control and Stabilitrak, power moon roof, full screen navigation system plus the onstar turn by turn navigation, rear entertainment/dvd player, 6500lb tow capacity, 5.3l v8, 3.73 rear end, running boards, xm satelite radio, chrome rims, A warning though on the Rainier and similar. Get the 06 on up with Stabilitrak. We rolled our 04 over in a situation where, had we had Stabilitrak, it wouldn't have gotten to the point of rolling hence why we now have an 07. The 04 has standard locking rear differential which although fantastic for certain situations such as pulling a boat out of a slippery boat ramp, will make you have to learn do drive a vehicle that wants to spin out. The later models with stabilitrak and traction control (AWD models I'm referring to) don't come with the locking rear differential (G80 rpo code) as standard even though the professional reviews of the car say they do (it is an option for 07). The traction control and stabilitrak cured the tendency for the rear to want to pass the front on slippery surfaces like ice. In fact the car will refuse to do so unless you shut the systems off which are seperate and distinct. The reviewers simply carried forward their review of the 04 which was inappropriate. Bottom line, Rainiers are quiet, very able to tow heavy trailers, decent mid luxury appointments and both of ours had/have been trouble free plus they depreciate at a good clip so you get an amazing amount of truck based SUV for your money for those that need to tow but don't want to go as big as a Tahoe. I only hope the Buick Enclave depreciates as fast so we can replace our minivan at some point.

Most Comfortable, Smoothest, Quiestest SUV I owned

by from Cliffwood Beach, New Jersey on October 19, 2006

I never in my dreams expected to own a Buick. The name Buick, just reminds me of my parents type of Vehicle. But I was pleasantly surprised by this SUV. I simple Love It! The Superior, Rich Look, The Smooth, Comfortable and Quiet Ride of a Cadillac has me going back for a New One this Year. I Currently have a 2004, now looking for a 2007. This is definitely the Vehicle for me. Anyone who rides in my Rainier, rave about it to everyone. You really should take one for a test drive, you will be pleasantly surprised. That's what happened to me.

Almost Bravada

by from Rice Lake, WI on December 19, 2011

I purchased a used Rainier as I had a 02 Bravada prior to this. The Rainer is supposed to be the same thing except with the Buick badge, while it is mostly I think the Bravada was quieter and had less wind noise and got slightly better mileage. I do like the traction control system but I have had several times that I will get a message to "Service Traction Control" and nothing is wrong and resets once car is turned off and turned back on again. Inside it is the same as the Bravada and like it could use more leg room for a tall driver and the driver side cup holder is useless if you have long legs. A couple other things that I liked better on the Bravada was the temp and fan control on the steering wheel and an overhead sunglass compartment that now houses the reading lights. All in all it is a well made mid size SUV that can get low 20's on the highway but only about 16 - 18 in the city. I like the new Explorer but can not get myself to spend almost 40K on a new one. My Bravada went for 145,000 miles with very little service needed and was still worth $6,000.

Very Pleased Buick Rainier Owner

by from Nebraska on October 1, 2007

The Rainier is in its last year of production and that is unfortunate. In our search for a mid sized comfortable SUV we kept returning to the Rainier. We have been more than impressed with everything about our vehicle. We love the ride and quietness in an SUV! Very pleased with this vehicle purchase. It is a pleasure to drive. Even though the Rainier will not be around when we look for our next SUV, Buick will be at the top of list whatever model they have at the time.

Buick the BEST!

by from OHIO on April 26, 2008

The best SUV i have ever owned! Buick has always been top of the line. Driving the Buick is like waiting to go to Kings Island -Fun to do! Buick has put a lot of time and money in thier Cars and SUV'S and it realy shows in satisfaction ,realy quiet tride and great to look at.You shoud at least give it a try.

Comfort and quiet, but

by from GLadwin, Michigan on August 3, 2014

Purchased a 2007 Ranier w/47,000 miles on it. Within a few months the problems started and have not quit. I will NOT purchase another Buick. Most repairs were done a year prior to a recall for the same problem as the recall. Tough luck for me. Prior I had an Envoy that was a nightmare. The worst vehicle I have ever owned. I am done with GM.

Best Riding car I have owned

by from on November 13, 2008

Not many mid size suv's have rear AC, but this one does. Turns on a dime, Know I know why buick and cadi's cost more. Suspension, luxury, ride, and features.

Nice Vehicle but has Issues.

by from Ohio on November 14, 2007

Major steering problem at 10K. Why does it only seat 5? Why can't the navigation be built in: placing a disc in doesn't allow you to utilize other discs simultaneously.

very good

by from hartsvillesc on January 16, 2012

Purchased with 42k miles on it, now have almost 44k. Well pleased. I have only had the vehicle for just over a month.

Similar Models