Read or write a review.

2004 Buick Rendezvous

Change Year
4.4
Average based on 18 reviews

Loved it and it took care of me in a roll over !!!

by from Goldsboro, NC on December 16, 2008

I rolled my 2004 a couple weeks ago. I was hanging upside down by my seatbelt when it was all said and done. Could not open my doors but hit the hatch release on the key fob and it popped right open for me to crawl on the roof to freedom. Other than a little seatbelt bruising there are no injuries even with the car totaled. The rescue people were amazed. It held up well and kept me safe. I loved the car the whole time I had it, 2 years. I've driven many cars while shopping for it's replacement and I am thinking of going with another Rendevous.

Very low cost of ownership, great reliability!

by from Bryn Mawr, PA on July 1, 2008

I have 105,00 miles so far on mine and love this car. No maintenance problems at all, decent gas mileage for an SUV, good handling in snow and seats 7 people.

Excellent car and very sporty

by from Little Rock, AR on November 29, 2012

I have owned this car for almost a year and I love all of the features it has. It is very roomy like a mini van but sporty like a true SUV. They are not very expensive SUV's but they look very expensive and I wish they still made them I would purchase another one when this one is gone (which will be a long time from now!!) I have 153,000 miles on mine (I bought it used) and it still drives like a new one. And handles curves and rain very well for an SUV. I average about 23 - 24 miles to the gallon whether in the city or on the highway and I'm no light foot..... I would recommend this vehicle to anyone young or old. When I see another Rendezvous on the road, I just smile and wave because I know they are enjoying theirs as much as I am mine. It is very dependable and very user friendly whether you are on an adventure by yourself or you are hauling around family or friends, it is comfortable.

Better than a '90

by from Las Vegas on March 26, 2007

I'm young, I had a 1990 Camry for my first car and I live in Las Vegas. Traffic is crazy out here and I soooo didn't feel safe in the Camry. I knew that a SUV wasn't really in my budget but I test drove the Rendezvous and settled on a monthly payment. As soon as I took it home and started driving it on a daily basis I fell in LOVE with it. I don't have a big family I have to drive around but I feel safe and I don't feel like I'm driving a mini-van around. It's a cool little SUV if you have to take a big family to a soccer game or you're single and have to take your dogs to the park :) It's worth it!

Get friendly with your transmission shop

by from Wisconsin on February 5, 2011

Comfortable car to drive, excellent visibility out of the vehicle. Underpowered. First transmission started having issues at 70k and was replaced under extended warranty. NEW transmission lasted only 50k miles. Shop indicated this is a common malady on the 2004. Also had a number of other minor issues, like the headlight design which makes it nearly impossible to change lamps without breaking a mount, the finicky and twice-serviced tailgate latch, and a dead window motor. I would never recommend this vehicle for anyone, nor consider another GM product. Way too many problems for a vehicle with only 120,000 on it. Most modern vehicles should be hitting 200k without major repairs, much less repeated ones.

Brakes+wheel bearings

by from Maine on September 19, 2012

You will be getting a fruit cake at Christmas from your mechanic because he will love you...We have had too many problems with what Buick once considered a luxury vehicle..my dealer calls them raunch a vous

Most reliable SUV I've owned so far.

by from Valdosta, GA. on October 14, 2010

Very reliable. Never in the shop for problems. Had almost 60,000 miles on it when I traded and only had to buy a battery and one set of tires during the 6 years.

Best car I have ever owned.

by from on January 9, 2017

I purchased this car new and I have had a minimal of repaiers. It is still comfortable. I prefer this model to new cars.

Looking for SUV definitely try this one

by from Milwaukee, WI on September 5, 2007

For an SUV the price on these are incredible, I got mine 3 weeks ago and still look for excuses to drive it. Very smooth, 3.4L engine more then enough for getting up and going and thats being light on the peddle in emergency I can get going fast. Lots of room especially with rear seat out and with rear seats down. Had a full size PC chair with head rest in back standing upright with a little room to spare other day along with 4 - 8 foot boards all fit in vehicle without an issue. The controls are easy to figure out and if not the manual is HUGE it will tell ya everything. Built in stereo rather nice along with control pretty easy to figure out. Can't say on repairs as have not had for long enough but so far I have immensely enjoyed it. I recommend a test drive at the least you'll be surprised.

Buick got it right

by from SE Pennsylvania on September 15, 2006

Ultra Model has the features I wanted including bigger engine, 17" tires, heated leather seats. Seats six, or remove middle seats, fold back seat to haul power washer and other large items. Versatile, and comfortable with luxury touches. After 50,000 miles, I am still very pleased. No problems except a failed fuel sender which was under warranty.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Buick Rendezvous