2005 Rendezvous

2005 Buick Rendezvous

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2005 Buick Rendezvous?

Great on slippery roads

by Bryan from Basin Wyoming on Wed Jan 02 2008

We bought this Rendezvous used with 27000 miles on it. It now has 60000 miles and has been totally trouble free. It is the AWD model and you can't beat it on the snow and ice. Smooth ride and handles well. Fuel mileage is about 25 highway and 16 city.

Love IT

by Buick Owner from SC on Sat Feb 10 2007

I am very happy with my 2005 Rendezvous. I went to the car lot with my husband and was starting to get discouraged. I wanted 3 rows of seats, but not something so huge I would hate to drive it. We were shown the 2005 Rendezvous and my husband told me to drive it. Never driving an SUV or MINI Van I was a little nervous but found it to hug the road and turned on a dime. Backing this vechile out only takes a little practice. We got a good deal, I won't revisit the dealer we purchased the car from but that has no reflection on the vechile. The only 2 draw back I have had was my wipers got stuck the first time I turned them on. I dont know what the glitch was but I havent thad that happen again. And, that I wished it had a little more leg room. You are able to set the seats and mirrors to each driver with the ease of a button...so I can't complain too much on that. I definately recommend this vechile to any mom, or someone who wants the room of a van but don't want to drive one ;)

Best value for the money in its class

by DMD from Coastal Connecticut on Sun Feb 25 2007

A comfortable, easy to drive, decent gas mileage vehicle. Does everything I want and need it to do. I would buy another in a heartbeat and have recommended it to others. Buick/GM did a great job with this car.

I am in the process of owning this vehicle.

by Pate2015 from Carson CA on Thu May 18 2017

I think that this vehicle is so much of a good ride for my family. I have rented this vehicle at one time and I found that the vehicle had everything that I had been looking for in transportation for my family. It had good gas mileage, family room, storage for family items, DVD/tape/radio enjoyment for my family, etc.

Perfect size for us

by DiannaD from Gilliam, MO on Sun May 14 2017

I really like my Rendezvous. It is the perfect size for us. The height is great for family members who have a difficult time getting in and out of vehicles.

Smartest vehicle purchase I made

by Marty from Chesterton, Indiana on Mon Sep 25 2006

I am the proud owner of a 2005 Rendezvous CXL with navigation and every other option available. After test driving 15 vehicles, I chose it because of ease of entry and exit, it's smooth car-like ride, visibility, interior appointments and ease of driving. So I only average about 22 mpg per tankful, a minor negative far outweighed by all the pluses. I've put on 25,000 miles in the past year, with trips to Florida, South Carolina, and all around the Midwest. And it has only cost me for oil changes every 3000 miles. Not even a trip to the dealer for warranty work. This is my second Rendezvous and I eagerly await the arrival of the Enclave next year.

2005 Rendezvous - Not cool

by Margaritaville from Milton, GA on Thu Jan 31 2013

I've not been impressed witht he Rendezvous. The engine is weak and the transmission weaker. Even with the 3.6L engine, the vehicle had trouble maintaining speed while on hills and struggled to keep up when it is below 20 degrees F. The interior had the creature comforts that you would expect in a $32,000 vehicle. But, overall, this vehicle is a losing proposition when you add in maintenance and repairs. A disappointment that I would not repeat anytime soon.

Does not recommend this car!!

Looking for a SUV

by C Cook from Houston,Texas on Mon Aug 14 2006

Have really enjoyed the look and drive of this vehicle, like the storage, comfort and the extra options. Has been true to gas mpg usage on Hwy. It is just the two of us now and only selling because we do not need all of the space anymore.

Buick Rendezvous Ultra

by The Finn from Green Bay, WI on Wed Dec 22 2010

Nice 2005 Buick Rendezvous Ultra with 54,000 mi. Like new. So far, a very nice car. My wife loves it. Incredible amount of room inside. Has the 3.6L V-6 that comes in the SRX, so lots of power, just a little lag time with acceleration. The styling grows on you. Inside it is all luxury. Buicks are generally purchased by people who take care of their cars, which was something we looked for. Too bad they stopped making these. There are lots around in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and now I know why!

Stay away

by bob from MAINE on Sun Sep 02 2012

wheel bearings and brake problems abound only 55000 miles. The thing shakes down the road. I would stay away

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Buick Rendezvous

We're really glad the Department of Homeland Security isn't listening in on our household conversations. They'd wonder how we can spend an entire morning and half the afternoon going back and forth over the merits and demerits of a test vehicle.

Case in point: The 2005 Buick Rendezvous Ultra, a richly appointed, minivan-based crossover utility vehicle that generated more discussion than usual.

We tested a well-equipped front-wheel-drive Rendezvous Ultra priced at $38,135. HE: On the surface, there's a lot to like about the Buick Rendezvous Ultra-especially if you're an empty-nester who doesn't have to worry about kids wiping greasy fingers all over those beautiful leather-and-suede seats. I should... Read More