Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 Rendezvous

2006 Buick Rendezvous

2006 Buick Rendezvous

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Buick Rendezvous?

We love this car!!!

by LuvR'Vous from North Dakota on Mon Oct 26 2009

We have a 2006 Rendezvous CXL and we love it! We've had other cars over the years, but we really love this car...The Rendezvous is a terrific car. It's very comfortable to drive and is also reliable. We took this car on a 5000 mile trip this summer, and it was a dream to travel in. The AWD feature is also great to have during the snow and ice that we get in the winter where we live. This is the first AWD car we've had, and it's wonderful to have. I just can't say enough about the Rendezvous! Buick made a mistake by discontinuing this model car. Best car we've ever had!!

Best mix of features on any car I've owned

by DMD from Southern Central Connecticut on Thu Dec 07 2006

I bought my car used with 10,500 miles on it. It was a rental car from Alamo. I have had it now for 9 months and I am just as impressed with it now as I was when I first stepped foot in the vehicle. It is very quiet, its also very roomy for whatever I am toting around. Gas mileage is very good by contrast to other SUV's and some minivans. The driving position for visability is extremely good in the front and average in the back versus other SUV/CUV type vehicles. I didn't get backup sensors that are on many other Rendezvous I've seen driving around. I'm putting on an aftermarket camera and TV setup in the next few weeks however that will cure that issue. The car is smooth with great ride quality. Very large side mirrors that fold to help get the vehicle in my garage. The mirrors are great because of their size they help alot in seeing things around the driver. I have had a number of passengers say in conversation while we have been driving around together that the mirrors are really nice because your able to see everything so well. I couldn't agree more with that. Overall, I love this vehicle and it is saddening that Buick/GM haven't promoted this vehicle well at all. It does many things extremely well and all other things I can think of well to very well. Overall, its a wonderful vehicle and I would gladly buy another when the time arrises.

Best cars we have ever owned!!!

by RDV LOVR from Bloomington, IN on Sun Sep 29 2013

First we bought a 2002 RDV AWD CXL which our son still has. Then a 2004 CXL which I just traded for an 2007 CXL while I could still get one. Then a 2006 CXL for my wife which she drives every day. We LUV these cars and will drive them as long as we can find good used ones, probably as long as we live. Ours all have three seats, heated leather front seats, backup assist, and most of the other options. This car is just very comfortable, convenient and fun to drive. I will never understand why Buick quit making them.

Best Preowned Car I've Ever Owned

by Just me from Colorado on Sat Dec 01 2007

Just purchased a pre-owned 2006 Buick Rondezvous CXL. I couldn't be happier. This one is decked out with almost all the extra features including leather seats. It's not supper powered like most newer models, but living in Colorado (high altitude) it pulls itself around just fine. This leads to much better fuel economy than its competition, and has all the power most people use on a regular basis. It is a great buy as a pre-owned because it has not held its value very well. That is because the vehical was five years ahead of its time. When Buick started making this car, there wasn't a name for the cross-over. It's not quite a car, mini-van, stationwaggon, or an SUV, it is a cross-over. If you are looking for a great cross-over at a really good price, get a Buick Rondezvous now. They won't be like new for much longer since GM isn't building them any more.

Very Safe!

by Dana618 from Southern Illinois on Wed Sep 17 2014

I owned my Rendezvous for almost 2 years and had very little issues with it at all! I drive 100 miles a day roundtrip for work and never felt the worry of being stranded on the road. We bought it and it had 80k on it and the wheel bearings went out and my husband was able to replace it very easily. Yesterday, having 144k on it, I was in a head on collision (not my fault!) doing 55 mph and totaled it out... the air bag on the steering wheel deployed and apparently there are air bags in the sides of the seats that come out by the door for side impact. That one also deployed. I walked away with bruises from the seat belt and a sprained wrist... the other woman in the little sports car had to be transported by ambulance for treatment. I couldn't believe how well this car held up and feel like driving this SUV possibly saved my life! I am going to miss this car so bad :(

Best I've Ever Driven

by Buick Lover from Monett, MO on Thu May 11 2006

The Buick Rendezvous is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. I combines the luxury and smooth drive of the Buick brand, with the features of an SUV. It allows you to sit 'up' where it's easier to see what's going on in traffic much like a pick-up, but the gliding ride makes you forget your in a SUV. Sometimes when the engine is idling I have to check to see if it's actually running, it's that quiet. The adjustable seats are great for comfort if you have back problems. I've put the 2nd row bench seatbacks down for carrying cargo, and have been very impressed with the amount of goods that fit back there. The tinted side and rear windows allow you leave things in the car without being seen by the public. The individual heating/cooling is great when you have passengers in the back seat area. The memory drivers seat is very convenient; and being to lower the seat with the push of a button for exiting the car is a terrific feature for older folks. The interior is nice and roomy, yet the outside dimentions and a good size for ease of parking and driving. And the speakers have wonderful quality. I love this vehicle!! Can you tell..... I would recommend the Buick Rendezvous to everyone. I get good gas mileage and actually am almost at a point of trading it in for a new one. The one I have was purchased just a few weeks after they came on the market in February 2002, and mine has almost 50,000 miles. I'm also impressed with all the safety features. The backup warning system comes in very handy in parking lots, and just know I have side airbags in comforting. If you don't have one - get one!

Wouldn't you really rather have a Buick?

by Grandad from Kanata, Ontario, Canada on Mon Dec 25 2006

I bought my CXL about a month ago, it is used (not abused) with about 15k miles on the odometer. I like the ride and find the seats very comfortable, in fact that is the reason we bought the car as my wife has a hip problem and comfortable seats are a must. We took our kids and our granddaughter to Christmas eve service and all seven of us thought that the car was amasingly roomy and comfortable. The only dissappointment I have is the rather poor mileage. I am not a lead footed driver, but I can't seem to get more that about sixteen miles per US gallon on mostly highway driving.

nice car.

by jackO from Mitchell SD on Sat Feb 06 2016

Bought this vehicle after reading the good reviews on it. Don't go anyplace else except this site for reviews. On other sites I think the same person writes every review and bad mouths everything,

Very comfortable and smooth

by peck and bushel from Minneapolis, MN on Wed May 10 2017

I have never owned a Buick but got this used 2006 Rendezvous with low miles and my wife drives it most of the time. Whenever I drive a different car and then drive this the Rendezvous is always more comfortable. It has good but not great power (wouldn't buy for towing heavy trailers but light ones good) . Back seats are comfortable but not a lot of leg room. I have no idea why almost all cars ignore back seat comfort (it would be a selling point for me). The Rendezvous rides high, higher than most other SUVs which is a plus. I have been looking at a lot of other SUVs (Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, and even Ford) but this vehicle is a better ride than all others I have tried. Too bad they stopped making it. The other Buick's are nice but ride lower and have less room and are insanely expensive - come on America can we do something nice without an insane price.

Love this car!

by RDV fan from Mound, MN on Fri Jul 25 2014

Just traded in my 2004 RDV at a whopping 250,000 miles and running strong. Found a nice used 2006 RDV and it is has a lot of additional features. Wish they hadn't stopped manufacturing this car!

1 2 3 4