2005 Terraza

2005 Buick Terraza

2005 Buick Terraza

3.3

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2005 Buick Terraza?

First Van and Love it

by putrwiz from Zion, IL on Fri Jun 01 2012

Purchased the car new in 2005 with all the toys. Have made multiple trips to North Carolina and average 26mpg during the trips, even in the mountains. Currently have over 124000 miles on it and have done all the scheduled maintenance. Maybe that is why some poor reviews. No major issues except had to rebuild transmission at 115000. That's not bad in my book. Original tires lasted 60000 miles and have only had to resurface rotors once and have replaced pads twice. Poor reviews on these parts may also be dur to driving habits. I love the van and was upset when Buick quit making it as I would have purchased another. Will hang on tho this one as long as it is functional.

Great Buy for the money

by Charlie from Port Huron Michigan on Tue Jul 31 2012

I bought this wagon at 77485 miles for $7500. What a steal. It was in pristine condition. It has all the toys including things I have no use for because I don't have kids. It is spacious and gives me all the room I need for a sound system and an Upright String Bass.

Very nice car

by silesian from Big Stone Gap, VA on Thu Feb 07 2013

I am very pleased with this buick - you've got a sense of a modest luxury, nice suspension, very quiet inside and still a good mileage. In my case - 22 gallons combined driving.

vanfamily

by buickgirl from new york, ny on Wed Jan 19 2011

I love this so far....I'm just wondering does everyone have the same issue with having to wait to shift out of park? I have to wait like 3 minutes and I absolutely hate waiting....please let me know...that's the only thing I don't like...

lovemyvan!

by van lover 4 life from Tampa, Florida on Thu Oct 15 2009

This van is the most amazing van I have owned, and I've owned four. I have owned a dodge and 2 fords, and this van is the most luxurious and most comfortable in comparison.

Buick Terraza

by Buick LOVER from Florida on Thu Oct 08 2009

Love my Terraza. Bought this car when it had 10,000 miles on it. It has been an amazing family vehicle. Kids have their DVD player and the dual sliding duals are awesome. I am just sad they stopped making them, I'd buy another in a heart beat!

I'm a Buick owner for life now!

by JJ from Northern Minn on Wed Sep 03 2008

Am I the only one to have not realized the luxury and accessories galore in a Buick?! Take your average mini-van and give it the Buick treatment and you've got a Terraza. Talk about the most comfy, quiet, bells & whistles van a guy could ask for! From the remote starter, to wireless headphones for the kids, and back-up sensors, chrome accents, On-star, satellite radio, heated seats, leather, programmable unlock & locking sequences for lights & radio, to separate driver/passenger temp zones, side impact airbags, alarm system, traction control, and it just looks good compared to the Chrysler & Honda & Toyota 'boxes' that are out there. I tell ya, I've put a 1,000 miles on in the last week and it's been a pleasure. This is the 23rd vehicle I've owned in my lifetime since I'm a self-admitted car-head that can't resist keeping 2-3 cars in my little fleet at all times, the Terraza has made me a Buick lover. I can't say enough praise for it. I'd only wished GM hadn't dropped making these. Buying a 3-year old Terraza for less than half the price of what it was new and even with minimal miles on it, I feel I've gotten a steal of a deal. Don't think twice if you find a clean used Terraza for sale, it'll make you feel pampered after driving other mini-vans!

Another Disapointment

by A woman who has no time to spare for repairs from Lansing, MI on Wed Dec 27 2006

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I had previously purchased a 2001 Venture before buying this vehicle, and suffered through many a breakdown and expensive repair. Yet as a loyal GM customer I still believed that this vehicle would be different. My first impression was very good. While not quite as quick as the Venture it had a reassuring weight and superior handling. I was a little offset by the shrunk interior, however. Still, I believed it a good choice... at least for the next 6 months. The Buick emblems at the sliding door entrances soon scuffed badly under kid's shoes and abuse. Then the powered sliding doors began to fail. While I use it often and have put it through nearly 20,000 miles in a little over a year and a half, the brakes and the transmission have already had problems. This is definitely a lemon and from other reports it appears to be rather common.

My worst purchase ever

by Ed from houghton lake, Michigan on Wed Jul 02 2008

The number of failures are to numerous to list, however we replaced the brakes three times rotors twice. When the power sliding door failed to open the service department left us with the impression we did not know how to operate the door. Each visit to the service was pain. When I tried to trade the van in they would not give me a reasonable price. I don't believe they wanted lemon. We finally I found a buyer and sold it well below the blue book average. WE love our new chrysler town and country touring.

Does not recommend this car!!

Been to the dealer at least 15 Times!

by Ralph from Saten Island, NY on Thu Jan 17 2008

We got this 2005 CXL all loaded up as a GMAC smart buy and we cant wait till Aug 2009 to dump this piece of garbage. The sad thing is the design and room is nice however there is no reliability what so ever!!! The car has been to the dealer at least 5 times for the passenger side sliding door. They have changed the motor 1 time and the other times they cant seem to duplicate the problem. The door works when it wants to work. Most of the time as it closes the sensor kicks it back and starts dinging erattically. Other times the door just doesnt want to open and it has to be forced. My wife was stuck in the rain with my daugher inside and couldnt open the door. I'm waiting for the stupid door to open while in operation. The rotors have gone bad 2 times. The rear end just had to be changed. The wipers have malfuntioned 2 times. The brakes have already been changed. I needed 4 new tires because the original were wearing out rather quickly. And here's the kicker! We only have 22K miles on this piece of garbage. Im waiting till buick tries to nickel and dime me when we return the truck. Personally they could sue me if they think they'll get another penny from me! It's a shame becuase had this truck had been built without all the problems, it would have been nice. Another American auto buyer going foreign for our next car!!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 Buick Terraza

According to Buick, "the all-new Terraza crossover sport van brings a rich blend of style, comfort and elegance to the premium mid-van segment." Style, comfort and elegance: Perfect! I'm missing all three of those.

My life is better described as dirty (nobody told me that having children forfeits my right to a daily shower), exhausted (I don't remember the last time I read more than a paragraph at night before falling asleep), and sticky (how do my children manage to cover nearly every household surface in yogurt?).

Style? Elegance? Did the people at Buick actually see this car before writing that? My experience in the 2005 Buick Terraza CXL is quite different. My first impression is that the exterior... Read More