2016 Verano

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Great Vehicle

by Lotus25 from Tallahassee, Florida on May 25, 2017

Traded in my 1994 Ford Mustang for the Verano in early 2016. One of the best financial decisions that I have ever made. I really like the interior of the car, extremely comfortable. The backup camera works EXTREMELY well, with alerts that come even if the car approaching from the side is not yet visible. I have grown to really like the blind spot sensor on the side mirrors, which is something that I thought I would never really use. OnStar connectivity is also really nice. I don't pay for a subscription with OnStar (just have the "Basic Plan"), but still being able to control my car from my phone (start car, unlock doors, horn/lights) is really convenient for those days that are really hot and the inside of the car is burning (starting the car remotely causes the temperature inside to be brought to ~70 F). Bluetooth connectivity works well most of the time, but on occasion my phone will just appear to disconnect and the music that I am playing randomly (I use Google Play Music to stream) will stop. My phone doesn't completely disconnect in that I can still make calls and such during these periods, but my music stopping like that can get quite annoying. Not sure if this is an actual issue with the vehicle's bluetooth or my phone (iPhone 6). The voice recognition works VERY well for making calls (even if there are people in the back seat having idle conversation) The trunk surprisingly has quite a bit of space for a smaller car, also having the ability to fold down the rear seat backs to open up the trunk for additional space is nice. I do a lot of city driving with plenty of stops during my commute for lights (work commute is about 30 miles overall a day). Even with all these stops I still get fairly good gas mileage, only needing to fill up every 2 weeks or so (overall average since I have had the vehicle is 24 MPG with a few weekend trips driving 400-600 miles of freeway each time). The worst thing about the vehicle is the small back window. The backup camera is so good that it would be an incredible feat to actually back into anything, but I have noticed quite often just how small that back window actually is. At the time I got the Verano I was also looking at the 2016 Chevy Cruze and Malibu. After test driving all three I really felt that the quality of the Verano was overall higher than these models (these are still both very nice cars) and that the difference in monthly payments between the Verano and the Cruze was worth it. Overall high marks from me on the vehicle quality.

Love my Buick Verano

by Lachaun1 from Chandler, Az on May 26, 2017

I'm in love with my new Buick Verano. It rides smooth and has quite the 'pick up and go '. Not only is the 2016 Buick equipped with all the latest features such as On star, XM radio, and Bluetooth, but it's safety features are top of the line. The ONLY reason I couldn't give it 5 stars all the way across the board is because I'm a female and the car lacks enough storage space in the cab of the vehicle, the trunk however, is huge! I highly recommend this vehicle!

Happy with two weeks of owneship

by Likes GM from Shawnee, Ks. on November 8, 2015

Car rides smooth, and quiet in the interior. Pick up to get in passing lanes very good. Seating is comfortable, and car has good visibility. Love the rear camera.

Most comfortable drive

by Loves Buicks from Sarasota, FL on April 28, 2017

I have been driving Buicks since 1971. They are reliable, comfortable, a pleasure to drive and are well equipped. We have owned, LeSabres, Roadmasters, Park Avenue, Century, Verano and now an Encore. I recommend Buicks to all my friends and my immediate family all drive Buicks. They are GREAT cars!

Best car for the money

by Kent from Illinois on January 28, 2017

I've owned cars for 50 years and the Verano I bought last week is w/o doubt the BEST one I've ever owned. I purchased the Sport Touring trim with the Bose speaker package and I'm constantly finding new toys and whistles. The sticker price was around 28k and because it was a demo with 3k miles and the dealership wanted to make room for the 2017's my total price (minus state sales tax) was under 21k --before my down payment. I shopped around A LOT and I KNOW I could not gotten better value for my buck. If you have a family though, forget it, the back seat has almost zero room. Otherwise, go for it.

Great Car for the money

by BobaFett1218 from El Paso, Texas on May 1, 2017

This is a very good vehicle. In spote of being the entry level model For the current Buick it packs a lot of punch for the buck. I was a bit hesitant in buying a Buick but I quickly become convinced with its superb styling and very responsive engine. I would hoghly recommend it to anybody

Very comfortable

by DZ from St Paul, MN on July 3, 2017

It is very comfortable just sitting on the driver's seat, or on the road. I own a Buick Verano leather trim and I have been enjoying driving it.

I LOVE my Buick.

by Sally Sue a CUBS fan from Indianapolis, IN on April 14, 2017

I have been driving for 53 years. I have owned Fords, a Crysler, Chevys, and now a Buick. The BEST auto I have ever owned is my BUICK.

Great Young Professionals Car

by pjmccorm from Decatur,Al on May 23, 2017

This car is wonderful for someone young just starting out. It has been fun to drive. The Verano does not have much space for kids.

Best Car I have ever owned

by sguilliams2006 from Springfield OH on August 8, 2017

I love being able to connect my phone to the car and be able to listen to Pandora on my trips where my radio stations do not work.

1 2 3