Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 ATS

2013 Cadillac ATS

2013 Cadillac ATS

4.2

Have You Driven the 2013 Cadillac ATS?

Not Your Fathers Caddy

by Caddy Man from Naples Florida on Sun Jul 14 2013

This Cadillac ATS is not your father`s Caddilac. Gone is the cavernous interior and mashmellow suspension. This car has taught and tight steering and suspension. A sports car feel on every turn and corner. The 2.0 turbo is powerful and smooth as it sips regular gasoline. The two tone interior looks as though desinged by Italian auto maker Ferrari, hand stiched and very luxurious.The on board controls "CUE" are all touch screen and takes practice on their usage. The ATS looks far superior to the competition, both inside and out, then the BMW3 series,Audi 4 series and the Lexus I 250. A fantastic car to drive, and a Caddy Man from now on.

Thank you Cadillac !

by Judy H from on Thu Sep 26 2013

Thank you Cadillac for finally showing what great American engineering can create. I have been waiting for a car that can compete with the ultimate driving machine, and the ATS jumps ahead in many categories. Pros: Style and great details, technology packed, fun to drive, and it feels like a Caddy too. Cons: back seat is a little small, CUE has a learning curve.

fun to drive

by ATS in SAV from Savannah, GA on Tue May 07 2013

I haven't had this much fun driving a car since my Miata many years ago. But, the styling as well as the fit and finish are far superior in the ATS. Even the gas mileage is much better than the old Miata even though there's much more room inside. I bought the 2.5L and am very happy with the acceleration. Averaging overt 26mpg with mostly short trips back and forth to work. The CUE definitely has a learning curve but I love it and now it seems very logical. Yes, the backseat doesn't have much legroom but then this isn't supposed to be a family car. My first Cadillac and I'm impressed!

Excellent Car!!!

by Joey from Freehold, NJ on Wed Sep 07 2016

By far my favorite care that I have owned. Performance and styling are incredible! Love driving this car. I have the 3.6L Performance edition. The look and power are fantastic! I am a Cadillac customer for life!

Great all around car

by Youth of the Nation from Madison, WI on Thu Sep 19 2013

This is just a great all around car. It is quick, handles great, and looks even better. I have averaged 28mpg with my 2.0T Luxury, 6 speed manual (35% city/65% hwy). The ride is firm, but not harsh. The interior looks and feels great. CUE has a learning curve, but once you know it, its easy. I haven't had any lag or crashing issues with CUE either. Space is tight in the back for taller than average passengers. The trunk is also a bit small, but it has enough space for my needs. Upfront accomodations are great for any passenger. The car is very quiet when cruising, but engine has a nice growl under power. My main complaint is that my elbow bumps my coffee mug in the morning on my shifts. They should have sunk the cup down farther for the manual transmission. The fact tht this is my biggest complaint should tell you how good I think the car is. Highly recommended!

ATS 2.0T Performance

by RJF from Lake In The Hills, IL on Fri Jan 27 2017

Originally I was looking to purchase a SRX crossover but I saw the ATS on the lot and asked the salesperson if I could sit in it. The car fit like a glove and was very impressed with the styling and overall quality of the interior. The exterior looked aggressive and the fit and finish equally as nice. I have not owned a US car in 20+ years and was quite amazed with how far GM has come. I have owned Audi, Saab, Volvo, Jaguar and Mercedes Benz cars in the past and would have to say that although the quality of interior and exterior fit and finish runs close, real close. The engine on the other hand is just ok. The car is quick off the line but in the long haul equals that of a Chevy Cruze. At 60,000 miles the car had to go into Cadillac and all (4) cylinder piston and rings were replaced due to compression issues. I understand this is very common with the 2.0T. They fixed it on warranty and its fine. Not impressed by the gas mileage: average 19.5 around town and about 27 on highway. Premium gas also is a down fall since the 3.6 can use regular and has more h.p. Had the car about 2 years and it is fun, quick off the line but will probably go back to a foreign make and model. I would give the car ****

Terrific Entry-Level Luxury Sedan

by Nathan K. from Fairmont, WV on Wed Mar 22 2017

Overall, I am extremely happy with my 2013 Cadillac ATS. I have the Luxury trim AWD model with a 3.6L V6, an engine commonly used in many GM vehicles. This engine, along with the size and weight of the ATS, are a great combination. It behaves comfortably most of the time, but still gives you extra power and a more echilerating driving experience when you want it. I also love the overal design of the ATS. For the small car that it is, the design (especially on the exterior) is appropriately aggressive and dominant. It definitely looks like a premium vehicle. And although the CUE interface has its problems, especially in the 2013 model, the overall interior design is great. On the negative end, the car does depreciate fairly quickly, and it is missing a few features which I believe should be standard equipment on the luxury trim level. For example, no cooled/venthilated seats are offered on any ATS trim level. My luxury trim is also missing blind spot monitors, and the comfort of the ride isn't quite what I'd expect from a Cadillac. I will admit though, that some of the ride discomfort comes from the 18 inch wheels and low profile tires. I swapped out the original 17 inch wheels with Michelin run flats for an 18 inch Cadillac wheel with Yokohama tires. While the original wheels and tires were appropriately comfortable and provided the right traction for this car, the replacement tires fall somewhat short of meeting my expectations. The 4-year, 50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and premium care maintenance are definitely an aspect of Cadillac vehicles which I prefer over other luxury vehicles. Everything that I've had an issue with in the vehicle was fixed under warranty, and I haven't paid a dime on maintenance (aside from a new set of rear brake pads and rotors) until this January when I had the oil and filter changed. Overall, while I think Cadillac still has some work to do in making the features and technology of the ATS competitive with other vehicles in this segment (the 3-series, the IS, the C-class, etc.) it is a very nice car that is fun to drive, reliable, and looks great!

Great Car Great Value

by sports sedan enthusiast from Los Angeles on Sat Aug 03 2013

My lease on my vw gti ended and I was looking for something that handles well but a bit more refined than my gti. I ended up leasing a 2.0T ats with QUE. I got it for a little under $300/month and for that price nothing comes close to it. I'll admit the QUE system is a little annoying at first but once I got use to it it stopped bothering me and it looks great. this car drives like nothing else in it's price range especially if you're looking to lease.

Top of the line in American Sport Sedans

by Red Obession Caddy from Texas on Sat May 23 2015

Been driving a 2.0L turbo ATS for 8 months now. Car is great, the styling sets it apart from other sport sedans. Sure you can have a 3-series but this is an AMERICAN symbol of progression and pride. The handling and ride is precise and comfortable. So much technology and features in the ATS. Best part is how quick it picks up speed.

Fun to Drive

by Car Buyer from Michigan on Mon Jan 27 2014

Great handling and acceleration. Fun to drive. Seat is firm and you feel pot holes. Gas mileage in the V-6 is about 21 MPG.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2013 Cadillac ATS

The 2013 Cadillac ATS is GM's luxury brand's latest attempt to compete in the compact sport sedan class. This is a company whose previous compact efforts included the Cimarron (the 1980s poster car for "badge engineering") and the Catera (a rebadged Opel that counted among its spokes-mammals both supermodel Cindy Crawford and a cartoon duck). Kids, I truly wish I were making that up.

With its excellent dynamics and quality interior, the new 2013 ATS finally drives Cadillac into the ranks of world-class compact sport sedans, driving memories of its previous debacles into the recesses of your mind.

You might be experiencing déjà vu, because Cadillac previously presented its CTS sedan as... Read More