2016 ATS

2016 Cadillac ATS

2016 Cadillac ATS

Have You Driven the 2016 Cadillac ATS?

Enjoyable Experience

by JB from New Jersey on Sat Sep 03 2016

I had the car for a few weeks now. For the money it is a great value. The Turbo is the way to go for most drivers. The interior is well appointed and easy to use. The safety features take a little get to use to but they can be turned off when necessary.

2016 Cadillac ATS Turbo Luxury

by Troopermomx2 from Garland, Texas on Tue Aug 16 2016

I have researched this vehicle for 2 years; i didn't like the 2014 or 2015 model years but when the 2016 with the 8 speed transmission came on scene i really wanted this car. I purchased it pre-owned with factory warranty left to let someone else take the depreciation hit. I purchased it as a 6 month old preowned for 26,091 as it was 42,000 new. I got a fantastic deal on this vehicle. The only drawback is the interior and the cupholders in the center console. There are only two and will only take a 20 oz drink cup. I love the car otherwise. Most likely will purchase a 2018 ATS in 2019.

This is a great car!

by BillyT from Beaumont, CA on Thu Jan 05 2017

after 10,000 miles I have to say this is the best car I've ever owned. Handles so nice. Good on gas. It looks classy and it's comfortable for tall people. Well, not in the back seat. If you want an American car and love to drive a real drivers car this Caddy is for you

Great Performance & Luxury

by Hayes012 from Detroit, MI on Mon Dec 18 2017

I bought a slightly newer ATS after having a 2014 CTS, so I’ve owned the big brother to this car as well. Primary difference between the two are that the CTS has all the extra little things and is a larger model, however I have personally loved the smaller version of that so far. Driving wise, the CTS was larger and more luxurious but the ATS is far more fun to drive and handle. The ATS still has a lot of the same qualities as the CTS though, so for the money I’d recommend an ATS Luxury or Premium.

2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe-Outstanding effort from GM

by renderz73 from Illinois on Sat Sep 16 2017

After only owning 2 Audi A5's S-Line (in AT and 6MT)for the past 10 years, decided to try something new. I first saw the Cadillac coupe at the Chicago Auto Show back for it's release in 2015. Needless to say, I was instantly hooked. I personally like the hard line style of the coupe, and the wider look of shoulders at the rear. The dual spaced exhaust outlets, with angle cut tips, and wider rear tires, finish the performance look. Offering almost 60 hp more in the 2.0T, that the Audi A5 2.0T SLine I traded in, it does not disappoint! The all wheel drive system in the Cadillac also offers excellent traction in the snow, and when I drive it at my local track day events. It is a rear bias all wheel drive system, 60/40 split. Yes, I do take my Cadillac on the track! The ATS Alpha platform is amazing! This is the same platform as the Camaro. The cornering and steering feedback is outstanding compared to the A5 SLine. The Cadillac sport selectable mode also feels like it is doing something, instantly tightening up the steering feel. It also adjusts the 8 speed trans for quick shifts and longer roll out of the gears. This keeps the turbo right in it's sweet spot for performance driving. I had Audi Drive Select on the A5, and although kept the car in Dynamic mode, you really could not tell what the setting did. It was minimal at best. The Cadillac does take premium fuel. It does have the Start/Stop engine feature, it did take a bit to get accustomed to. You can disable this via push button, or when the car is set to manual shift mode, it also disables. Since I spend an hour each way commuting to the office, it has added a few MPG, and that's a good thing. For 1 week with it enabled, averaging 31 mpg, with it disabled, averaging 26 mpg. As for the interior, I like the hand stitched leather adorning most of the surface areas. As a note, my Audi had gloss black piano in lays, it would show finger prints and such just as much as the gloss black in the Cadillac which covers the same center stack and center console areas. I see lots of reviews complaining of fingerprints and dust in the Cadillac, but no mention ever with Audi, just Cadillac? To me it's the exact same! The Cadillac seating is also highly adjustable, offering bolster to squeeze you in the seat, as well as lumbar and extendible thigh support. The CUE system in the 2016 is also upgraded. Offering Android Auto, Car play, Weather, Traffic and Pandora. A long press of the VR button on the steering wheel launches Google Assistant or Siri when the respective phone is connected. As this new system dumps the SDCard slot for storage, it's really quick and offers good response. The touch sensitive buttons for the volume, home, and climate are ok. Although I also prefer hard knobs and push buttons, they are responsive and offer haptic feedback on touch. While driving I mostly use the Steering wheel controls anyway for volume and seek of program media. So, no complaints really on the CUE touch sensitive buttons. They work just fine when I do use them. As for the instrument cluster, I am happy to see a option to enable a boost gauge in the driver information center, and actual tire pressures can also be observed. This was never an option on my Audi. Regardless of the bad reviews on the cluster, at night they appear to be floating. I believe this was the look Cadillac cluster designers were looking for. Lastly, I have the Luxury edition, but opted for the winter (heated steering wheel feels great) and safety and security package. This offers Lane Keep Assist, Front Collision Warning with Alert Seat, Locking fuel door, with capless filler port, and wheel locks for the 18" machine polish wheel package I also opted. The car does come standard with staggered size Continental Pro Contact SSR tires. Overall, I can highly recommend this coupe! What also adds to the value is that your basic services are all included(oil changes, air, and cabin filters, tire rotations) to 50k miles. Audi offers this as a package called Audi Care, its $850 additional to cover to 50k. It does not include tire rotations though. Also, $100 for Audi wiper blades.. $40 for the Cadillac.. Enough said!

Never needed a repair

by Caroline from Summer, GA on Sat Sep 30 2017

I've owned my ATS for 150,000 miles and needed no repairs. This car has great features and is really attractive. American speed and affordable to own.

Love it after only a minute!

by Koka from Mc Farland, WI on Wed May 17 2017

This car is FAST... we have the 3.6L. This car corners. This car rides smoothly. This car handles like a dream. This....car.....rocks! All around, we absolutely love it!

Love my Cadillac

by MrJXN from Huntsville, TX on Mon Apr 17 2017

I love the style and performance. Its a Cadillac. I'm impressed by technology, especially the MyCadillac App. Back seat space is a little cramped. feels more like a coupe than a sedan.

It's a 4 cylinder Caddy Dad!

by ChuckBlade2015 from Waxhaw on Mon Dec 04 2017

I got to drive an ATS last year as a loaner car while mine was being detailed. They ended up letting me keep it overnight. Great little car overall. The 2.0 turbo is surprisingly quick and doesn't have nearly as much turbo lag as I have seen in other cars. The interior leaves a little to be desired given the price tag on a Cadillac. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but not as nice as I would like to have when paying $40k for a compact 4 banger. (Even if it is turbo with a paddle shift option.) The ride was smooth, yet it was still able to hold a hard and fast line when taking sharp turns. It would also readily walk away from cars that you would think would be much faster than and ATS. Overall it didn't seem like a bad little entry-level luxury car.

2nd ATS I have owned

by JT from Dubuque, iowa on Tue May 09 2017

I really like the ATS. I had a 2013, sold and bought a 2016. Performance is sharpe with 2.0 Turbo. My best MPG average is 41.5, it's hard to believe so I took a photo. I would not hesitate to buy another.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2016 Cadillac ATS

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2015 about the 2015 Cadillac ATS. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Featuring top-notch driving dynamics, a comfortable ride and classy styling, the Cadillac ATS coupe is almost ready to out-German the Germans; terrible touch-sensitive controls and cheap gauges are holding it back, though.

Cadillac is looking to up its game versus the German luxury brands, taking the fight to BMW and Mercedes-Benz with products designed to go toe-to-toe with their best. Rear-wheel-drive platforms, lightweight designs, sharp handling — and... Read More