2008 CTS

2008 Cadillac CTS

2008 Cadillac CTS

Have You Driven the 2008 Cadillac CTS?

Very Nice, but very SMALL

by mossmissle from Cincinnati, OH on Fri Jun 11 2010

This is a great car for comuting but for a family or business it is just too small. Love driving it by myself and the AWD is great in the snow.

An American Car Finally Nailed It!

by Take Action from Southern California, CA on Wed Sep 19 2007

When I heard that the 2008 CTS was being completely remodled last year, I couldn't wait. Back in March of this year it was announced it was going to be available in SoCal in late Aug. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and it was only 2hrs off the truck when we saw it. I traded in my Lexus and the two don't come close. The CTS is an absolute thrill to drive. Tap on the gas and it just wants to go. Accelleration is very impressive. Overall performance is absolutely first rate. The cornering and roadfeel on surface streets and the freeway easily match BMW and Mercedes. It has the performance of the top German performance luxury lines with a better interior. The styling is very detailed and each space and transition is well thought out. Very comfortable and edgey at the same time. I have owned several of it's competitors and the 2008 CTS is by far the most exciting car I have ever owned.

Satisfaction Plus

by Black Cherry CTS 4 from Lexington, KY on Mon Apr 04 2011

After doing a three-month research of this vehicular, I had a chance to test drive this car one day during my lunch and it was the most love I ever felt for a cars performance and features. I will always recommend a Cadillac CTS to anyone who wants a quality car that owns the road and holds its value.

the most fun car I have ever owned

by drj from Florida on Tue Nov 27 2007

I am going to be short and sweet. My prevvious cars were all imports: nissan 240sx, honda accord 2000 coupe, honda sedan 2002 and last my beloved honda coupe V6 2004. After being car shopping for about 1 month decided to get the new CTS. I test drove the honda accord coupe 2008, 335 bmw, infinity g37 and liked them all, but when I took a test drive on the new CTS found myself laughing the whole time, it was really that fun. Every day I find a new unexpected feature on this car. I am 32 years old and never could imagine myself driving a cadillac;you will not find wood on my dash instead u will find carbon fiber and pseudoaluminum, this aint daddys caddy, great balance between luxury and sport. Oh by the way I got 18 inch wheels, 40gig hard drive, satellite radio and sport performance package, who knows maybe I will take it to the track one of these days, will see. My theory is : If u drive it u will buy it PERIOD.

MOST LUXURIOUS CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

by CADI GIRL from LOUISIANA on Sat Apr 16 2011

LOVE MY CADILLAC. NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE AND IT IS WONDERFUL. IT'S THE MOST LUXURIOUS CAR I'VE EVER OWNED AND HAS ALL THE FEATURES I WANTED EXCEPT A NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM.

Great Car!

by Tim1 from Philly, Pa. on Mon Jan 17 2011

The CTS is a solid, great looking car. I have had no problems with it and the dealership treats me great every time I come in to have it serviced. The Cadilla brand is back!

Super nice car !

by Retired Grandpa from Chillicothe,Ohio on Sun Feb 22 2015

I just purchased this car used and I am extremely pleased with the quality of ride and handling. It is a pleasure to drive. The best car that I have driven so far. I love the looks of the car. I can't say much for the reliability because I am only owned it for a little over a month. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone wanting a great looking and handling car.

What a car.

by WOW from New York,NY on Wed Feb 20 2008

The only american car that feels close to an german Audi. WOW is all I have to say. I drove this car and I loved it. It feels better than a BMW goes very well. I am glad the americans are putting in the effort to beat the germans.

One cool ride!

by Rad Kadi from Pinole, CA on Fri Mar 28 2008

I nicknamed the car, Rad Kadi, for it's looks and performance and general feeling when driving it. I purchased the "car in the ads", Crystal Red and tan interior, and it has lived up to the billing as Car of the Year for me. There were two mechanical or structural problems that occured in assembly that have since been repaired, at no cost, and the car runs great. My only negative is the response of both dealer and corporate to my request for a good faith compensation for the time and effort, as well as moderate expense incurred in getting the car brought up to standards. It seems that General Motors is more interested in pushing back on the dealer for flaws in manufacture than in extending a gesture of good faith with the customer, a trait exhibited in reverse by the dealer. Darn shame too, as GM may win the nickel and dime battle, but lose the big bucks war of repeat business.

Happy Camper

by HDRocker from Oregon on Fri Dec 14 2007

Performance and handling are surprisingly good for a 4 door sedan. Has the aggressive look and all of the frills you want to add available. Fit and finish is impecable. We ordered ours with a 6 speed, leather seats, luxury pkg 1 and the wood trim. It took 6 weeks from the time of order to delivery. People are amazed at what we paid for what it is, the CTS is all we expected and more. Great car first GM product I have owned in 20 years and I think they have won me back for good.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Cadillac CTS

Sporting creased lines and track-tuned handling, Cadillac's original CTS led the revival of a brand many had perceived as stodgy. The second-generation model, new for 2008, doesn't have quite as tall a ladder to climb, but it still needs to make inroads among import shoppers, including fans of the BMW 3 Series, Infiniti G35, Audi A4 and several other sport sedans.

After two days of hard driving across California, I think the CTS has a good shot at converting some of those shoppers. The cabin is marvelous, the driving dynamics are first-rate and the amenities are useful for real drivers, not just technophiles. The sedan is not without faults, but overall it's a solid choice — competitive where... Read More