1998 Cadillac Deville

caddy mechanic

by from stroudsburg pa on December 29, 2010

always loved this generation deville. the only thing hurting these cars is the northstar headgasket problems. if it wasnt for that these cars would be the best in the world in my book, since when the motors are running properly the cars are a joy to drive. but. the northstars of this generation and the one after it all accumulate a blown head gasket at atleast 130.000 miles. i would never buy or own one with over 80,000-85000 miles, since at that point they are basicly a ticking time bomb. this problem can be a 1800-2500 dollar repair, and your replacing one hilage milage northstar engine with another middle-high milage northstar, wich will eventually due the same as the first did.

One Great Car

by from Chicago, IL on January 6, 2009

I received my 1998 Deville when my grandparents passed away and it only had 22,000 miles on it. Everything worked and it road on a cloud of comfort. It is quite large tho, its as big as a yacht, but the Northstar V8 as enough power to pull and and then some. The acceleration is very good, but the handling is no Lotus..obviously. The problems that kept on coming up was electronic problems with the windows. These little gremlins came up quite a few times. But in all, it is a really good car to own.

Good Car

by from on November 6, 2008

My dad bought this car in 2005 and I love it. After I messed up my car, my dad went out and bought a seville and let me drive this car full time. The handleing and braking power has saved me from numerous accedents and it is a very smooth car to ride in.

If Ain't a Cadillac, Don't Drive It

by from Tallahassee, FL on June 14, 2007

This car has been great since day one. The Northstar engine is great and provides plenty of power especially with highway driving. The A/C gets cool very quickly (a plus in the Florida heat), and the 12 disc cd changer makes for enjoyable road trips to Miami from the panhandle. One problem with a ground wire breaking and the air suspension compressor going out, but the repairs didn't spoil the joy of the car. And about 26 mpg on the highway at 75mph ain't too bad for a car this size!

Great vehicle, been in the family since new.

by from MA on January 14, 2007

Excellent Car, one of the best I ever purchased, very reliable, good performance and great ride. This vehicle has beeen in my family since new and has always provided reliable transportation.

Pure Luxury

by from Seattle, WA on December 19, 2006

We have owned our DeVille for 5 years. We have driven it all over the country and have never had a problem!

A ROLLING EXECUTIVE CHAIR !

by from FLORENCE, KENTUCKY on March 4, 2008

The 1998 Cadillac Fleetwood Limited is an unusual car from many standpoints. Cadillac "outsourced" the construction of their Flagship sedan to Superior Coach Company (a division of Accubuilt) in Lima, Ohio. Superior, took a normal 1998 Cadillac deVille, stretched it 12"), and made a luxury cruiser worthy of royalty. The Fleetwood Limited is powered by Cadillac's standard 4.6 litre, 275 horsepower Northstar V-8 engine coupled with front-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, magnasteer and traction control. For a price that was substantial for an American-made luxury car ($52,000), you got all the amenities you'd expect in a formal luxury sedan, including the usual Cadillac luxuries of power windows, door locks, lengthened and strengthened chassis (119.8 inch wheelbase, overall length of 221.8 inches, with a trunk capacity of 23.5 cubic feet), full tuxedo grain vinyl top, rear seat reading lamp, cellular telephone installed in the center driver's armrest, nuance leather seating areas in black, automatic dimming compass rear-view mirror, heated front seats, rear wheel well fender skirts, dual air bags, front side air bags, Zebrano wood interior trim, power rear view mirrors, power antenna, digital climate control, cruise control, adjustable tilt steering wheel, rear defroster, and other upgraded components. The Fleetwood Limited package added $6,630 to the price of a Cadillac deVille. I have further customized the car with an E&G Custom Chrome Grille, all "new" style Cadillac emblems, New Simulated top, New Moonroof (SUV size), 2008 Fender Engine "ports" (cut-out fenders and installed), and other items, etc. To say that the 1998 Fleetwood Limited is rare is an understatement. If you are NOT driving a Fleetwood you are NOT driving a True Cadillac !! Mine is a Triple black beauty. Black Paint, Black Top, Black interior.

Pure Joy

by from Chandler, Tx. on February 10, 2013

This car, by far, is the most enjoyable car I have driven. I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time, just when a person traded this Caddy in on another car. I have had to replace only the battery, and wiper blades, and a small leaking hose. The car had 96,000 on it and it has 103,000 now. It gets extremely good gas mileage, I have just now begin to have an A/C leakage problem. The controls on the steering wheel are a BLESSING, as I dont like to look down, while I'm driving to adjust the radio, or turn it up, nor adjust the A/C or heat. It can all be done on the steering wheel. The ride is excellent, and performance is out of this world considering the size and weight of the car.

Good mileage for heavy car

by from Texas on September 13, 2006

I only drive heavier vehicles because of highway traffic safety statistics which highly correlate with vehicle weight..better chance of survival in collision and fewer injuries. This car gets excellent gasoline mileage despite it's weight. Lots of room and very comfortable on long trips. No major problems. Love the ability to check vehicle functioning on the Information panel.

full sized luxury at a reasoable price.

by from Somerset, NJ on December 13, 2006

Extras you'll love: power, memory, heated leather seats.dual zone auto temp control. Rear windows that lower completly. Great audio system.