2001 Cadillac Deville

Reliable

by from Concord on September 21, 2017

Ride is amazing like a cloud Extremely dependable The owner is in her eighties And she took very good care of it What more do you need to say is a Cadillac
Not Rated Reliability

No no Northstar

by from Lansing ,Michigan on August 4, 2017

Beautiful vehicle, poor engine performance due to the plastic boots used by GM that year. Head gasket blew after 10 years later after excellent maintenance.

Best Car Ever

by from Okemos, MI on April 4, 2013

I have had my 2001 DeVille DHS for 13 years, and I have loved every minute owning this car! Prior to this car, I traded my vehicles in every few years. This car is so special that I did not want to part with it. It handles great on curves, hilly terrain, snow, and ice. I feel safe, comfortable, and regal driving my Caddy. There is nothing that beats it.

Love My Cadi

by from Pennsylvania on March 29, 2012

For the money I paid for this car it's been the best car I ever had. By the way I have had quite a few cars so that's saying a lot.

Cadillac performance

by from Northern IL on October 25, 2011

I purchased my Cadi in July 2011. It is 10 yrs old but rides like a dream. I got a great deal (under $5000 cash). You can't beat the cadillac ride and I found the gas mileage, 19 city and 26 highway to be refreshing for a car this size and weight. It has all the luxury you expect from a top of the line luxury vehicle. I put new front brakes, rotors & calipers on it and got a couple of worn parts replaced (Tie rod end and a drive belt). The coolant recovery reservoir needs replacement also, it throws up a false message to the dash "Check coolant Level". My next vehicle will most likely be a low mileage certified Caddillac as well.

The land man.

by from sycamore,il on August 16, 2011

I like the car, your get above gas average milage, over 24 MPH on the road,and ride in confort. I am a real estate Farm salesman and I have clients in the car for lond periods of time and they ride in confort.

Great Car

by from Boca Raton, Florida on June 28, 2011

I purchased my 2001 Cadillac in September 2001. I do not regret the purchase. Like any car, if you don't do the maintenance you will have problems. I have never had a breakdown. Everything in my car works perfectly. Excluding gasoline, I calculated, my 2001 DeVille cost me $340 per month including the cost of the vehicle.

MOST UNRELIABLE CAR I'VE OWNED

by from Arizona on June 5, 2011

If you've never owned a Cadillac, do not buy one unless you have more money than sense. You'll end up spending a bundle in repairs in just a few short years. I bought an '01 Cadillac DHS w/20K miles on it & put about 30K miles it. In the less than 5 yrs of owning it, I've spent $5700 in major repairs alone, that's $1100/yr in repair costs which is just pathetic for a car that cost so much money. It is the most expensive & unreliable car I've ever owned & I've owned many. GM should be ashamed for making a high dollar car that gives back such poor performance. It really is a piece of junk compared to the Honda & Toyota's I've owned that have given me way over 100K miles of near perfect service. With less than 60K miles on the DHS, I've had to have complete axle work done, new brakes, rotars, & shocks, new hood struts, new transmission w/all 4 motor mounts, new starter, constant engine problems, constant window malfunctions not to mention that it drinks oil. There are numerous other problems but these are the major ones I've had on this car. I'm going back to the foreign made cars which have given me the level of service commensurate with the price I paid unlike GM's Cadillac. And, if you have owned a Cadillac & not had undue repairs expenses, then consider yourself one of the "few" lucky ones!!

classy piece of junk.

by from Kansas City on November 23, 2010

Bought with 72,000 miles. Now has 86,000 miles. replaced front wheel bearings, all tie rods and tie rod ends, sway bar linkage, which broke and that has never happened to me. Fuel gauge does not work. keep a gallon jug of oil in the trunk. You will need it. Will I buy a used Cadillac again? Not without a warranty. If I were to buy a new one, it would be sold the day the factory warranty expires. Gm needs to improve quality. Nothing but high dollar plastic.

2001 caddy

by from mass on January 29, 2010

the caddy deville i have was purchased with 62,240 mi in 2008. the interior i think is just great big comfy seats all heated. driver side dimming mirror. this car is very quiet even with a v8. visability is great . if you are looking for a cruiser and not a race car you can get better mpg than some of the 4 cyl hipo cars. the leather is soft and comes in many colors. good car for the money look for low miles as there are quite a few for low dollars.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Cadillac Deville