Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 DeVille

2001 Cadillac DeVille

$573 - $6,997  MSRP Range
2001 Cadillac DeVille

3.9

Have You Driven the 2001 Cadillac DeVille?

2001 caddy

by carbs from mass on Fri Jan 29 2010

the caddy deville i have was purchased with 62,240 mi in 2008. the interior i think is just great big comfy seats all heated. driver side dimming mirror. this car is very quiet even with a v8. visability is great . if you are looking for a cruiser and not a race car you can get better mpg than some of the 4 cyl hipo cars. the leather is soft and comes in many colors. good car for the money look for low miles as there are quite a few for low dollars.

Love the car

by 288gto from Dallas on Sun Dec 06 2009

I have a 01 Deville and i have had it for several years now. I have over 100,000 miles on it. The fuel milage is supper with a highway milage around 27mpg sometimes it is has high has 29mpg. You wont find many cars that can really go that that are full size. The car is pretty quite and handles pretty well but there is a bit of a float to it, nice to have on the highways. Reliability has been good, the only problems I have had are all the window tracks went bad, $50 to replace. The water pump seal went bad, surprisingly easy to fix. The only real problem is the security feature will not let the car start sometimes, its starting to be a problem and will have to take it in. All in all not bad for a car 8 years old. I did make some changes to the car and put HAWK HPS break pads on and they work much better than factory. I also had to put Goodyear triple treads on because I drive in the rain a lot. I would get another DTS in a second. My family has 3 of them and each year they just get a bit better. The 08 is amazing in its refinement and the electroshocks are amazing if you want performance.

Best Car Ever!

by Love Big Cars from Villanova on Sat Oct 03 2009

I always loved Cadillacs as a child growing up in a big family, but never thought I could afford one. We bought one years ago, and the comfort and style is timeless. Best Car Ever!

Love My Cadi

by Avalon from Pennsylvania on Thu Mar 29 2012

For the money I paid for this car it's been the best car I ever had. By the way I have had quite a few cars so that's saying a lot.

Cadillac performance

by Cadi Driver from Northern IL on Tue Oct 25 2011

I purchased my Cadi in July 2011. It is 10 yrs old but rides like a dream. I got a great deal (under $5000 cash). You can't beat the cadillac ride and I found the gas mileage, 19 city and 26 highway to be refreshing for a car this size and weight. It has all the luxury you expect from a top of the line luxury vehicle. I put new front brakes, rotors & calipers on it and got a couple of worn parts replaced (Tie rod end and a drive belt). The coolant recovery reservoir needs replacement also, it throws up a false message to the dash "Check coolant Level". My next vehicle will most likely be a low mileage certified Caddillac as well.

Great Car

by Highwayman from Boca Raton, Florida on Tue Jun 28 2011

I purchased my 2001 Cadillac in September 2001. I do not regret the purchase. Like any car, if you don't do the maintenance you will have problems. I have never had a breakdown. Everything in my car works perfectly. Excluding gasoline, I calculated, my 2001 DeVille cost me $340 per month including the cost of the vehicle.

The land man.

by Paul the land man from sycamore,il on Tue Aug 16 2011

I like the car, your get above gas average milage, over 24 MPH on the road,and ride in confort. I am a real estate Farm salesman and I have clients in the car for lond periods of time and they ride in confort.

smoothest car I've owned

by elle1981 from Los Angeles, California on Thu Oct 19 2017

This car is amazing. it has great leather interior. seats are very comfortable wide enough for my 6'3" size child. this is a very comfortable car.

Reliable

by Kc from Concord on Thu Sep 21 2017

Ride is amazing like a cloud Extremely dependable The owner is in her eighties And she took very good care of it What more do you need to say is a Cadillac

My Mom s car

by O Sug from Downers Grove on Sun Dec 31 2017

Great vechicle everything we wanted..Thanks Mom 46,000 mi Been in garage for 3 yrs...now what ..just drained old gas, topped off anti-freeze, Got to drain oil and check belt,,other than that I Love it

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Cadillac DeVille

Once the industry's top-selling luxury car, Cadillac now ranks fifth behind Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Lincoln.

Lots of reasons for the decline, one being more luxury cars from which to choose, especially entry-level vehicles around $30,000, where Cadillac flubbed with the Catera in the 1997 model year, a nice midsize, rear-wheel-drive sedan that failed to generate interest because it looked like a Chevy.

Fool 'em once, as Cadillac tried with the Cimarron, a Chevrolet Cavalier with leather seats and Cadillac crest in the grille in the '80s, but not twice, as it tried with Catera.

Others argue Cadillac suffers from styling gone bleak. Valid argument, except that nothing in the... Read More