1985 Cadillac Eldorado

Underpowered

by from Los Angeles on April 28, 2013

This series of Eldorado's is gorgeous, but alas, underpowered. I was middle-aged when I bought my '85 Eldo base, not a lead-footed kid, but there just wasn't enough oomph. The problem was exacerbated because I lived in Los Angeles. Going up the Cahuenga pass between the city and the valley, the poor thing couldn't even do 40 mph with the pedal to the floor. When you're on the freeway, sometimes you need power to get out of danger's way. It was running fine when I sold it upon inheriting another 4.1-liter, an '84 Brougham which was even worse due to the added weight. Next car had a Northstar, and the difference was like was like night and day..

Great Condition

by from Charlotte on March 30, 2017

Refreshed updated Interior , was kept covered most times so exterior looks great , mileage not too extreme as the vehicle was only driven locally