2000 Cadillac Eldorado

red lady

by from sioux falls, south dakota on September 11, 2009

I LOVE everything about this car. I have never found a car with more comfort and style than a Cadillac. I'm now looking for an with fewer miles.

BEST BUILT AMERICAN AUTO

by from PLYMOUTH, MN on October 1, 2010

EXCELLLENT DRIVEABILITY. GETS OUT OF THE GATE WITH THE BEST, YET HAS A AMOOTH RIDE. BLACK ON BLACK IS AWESOME. SPOILER ADDED TO THE TOURING COUPE IS UNNECESSARY.

Great to drive up til 70,000 miles....

by from Cicero,IL on April 5, 2017

This was a great car through 2002. The Northstar engine was a good fit for the vehicle. The car hugged the road especially in tight turns. However, as the Eldorado (ETC or ESC) approaches around 70,000 miles, oil consumption increased, even though you couldn't see it out the tailpipe. Then the oil leaks started. It seems that the engine gasket that brought both halves together starts to fail. It becomes a costly repair ($ 2500.00 ) to drop the engine, to replace a $ 15.00 gasket. If you ignore the signs of the leaks, and low oil levels, eventually, you WILL replace the oil pump. ($ 1000.00). The level-ride suspension system also fails around the same mileage. Compressor failure seems to give the car that low-ride look. If you buy a used Eldo with cassette, am/fm radio, you cannot replace the radio with a GM single disc, not because of the lock code anti-theft, but because these radios do not have amps built in. The radio/ Bose system runs through the car for the power it needs. Replacement is after-market with additional parts needed to by-pass a few GM systems in order for the radio to work. You can still find Eldo's with low mileage, enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Bring these back!

by from Long Island on January 10, 2016

The eldorado is the most beautiful riding car I've ever owned. It is smooth and quiet and has more than ample acceleration for me. Cadillac has moved toward the better handling cars that require giving up the fabulous ride they were synonymous with to my chagrin. I will likely keep this car for the rest of my life I like it so much.

My Cadillac Story

by from Alabama on July 19, 2007

From the first week I purchased the car new in 2000 I have had problems. It has had 4 alternators, 3 catylitic (sp?)convertors, transmssion repair, and began using oil after 2 years--a quart each 1000 miles, new brakes before 15,000 mile. Dealer gave me extra warranty but that has not covered the cost of this car in inconvenience and actual money. They nearly rebuilt it in Denver. The drive is great. The reliability is poor.

Help the dealer's stay in Bussiness

by from on June 9, 2010

Enless you have money to take to dealer stay away form this car. I'v taken mine in several times. Replaced window motor 3 times Power seat. Along with severl sensors. Car dies resets at random.. good luck

best cars i have ever loved even harley's

by from kingston ms on October 11, 2010

Today I have two 2000 eldorodo's in my yard a black on black etc in the garage both on the road. My first was a 1999 esc I had for two years I would have never ever bought one two much money . someone Iworked for as i am an arborist i pruned his tree's, he knew the value of taking care of the tree's . One year in 1999 I went to his home a modest one as he was just a average joe. Well bob had bought this beautiful eldorodo. We talked told me what he paid and in my head i said to my self someday when these cars get old I'll buy one. They had been making this same body style for years and they were old already. Just I was cheap and who wants to pay more for a car than other one's like a monte carlo ( my wife has one i would rather ride in a pinto or disoto or a gocart} of course half the price of a cadilac and of coarse cheaper parts and design. Well bob died his wife calls me a said she would like to have me comeover to look at the tree 's . The car was in the driveway still so pristine no bob though. She said bob died you love the car cut all the tree's every one and the car is yours. Sorry bob and against everything i believe about tree s . They came down like a hurricane hit them. I drove the car for two years pounded miles on it 180000 even then it ran the same and gas millage was better than any other car i had owned. so i went to buy a new one only to be told 2002 they stoped making them. I was willing to finnally spend that type of money on a car and i couldn't I spend 70 thousand or more on a truck bobcat excavator or what ever. my harley cost 30 thousand and my boat too. but until the eldorodo came into my life it would take a act of God to get me to spend the money . I was going to spend it because It took a act of god to figure it out sorry bob he had to teach me somehow . i found a 2000 with 7500 miles on it ive had it four years and just found a etc so i bought that black on black i know i have to sell the second one but it just doesn't get easier iknowing they don't make them anymore. I know they have made a lot of retro cars but they aren't the same either bob

It's the most fun car I've ever drove.

by on July 20, 2017

This car has ben good for my family of 3 people including a dog! It fits in tight parking spaces and the backseats are very comfortable.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

2000 Cadillac Eldorado

by from Edison, NJ on April 22, 2017

Looked at several cars bought at Highline Imports Easton PA. Good deal and friendly atmosphere. Car was as advertised