2000 Cadillac Escalade

Great Vehicle

by from Chicago, IL on May 18, 2006

I have owned the 2000 Cadillac Escalade for the entire life of the vehicle, and I have to say that it will be a shame when I have to turn it in. Though it has an undersized engine, and the interior styling has improved in newer models, I have never been happier with any vehicle. As a very tall man, I need plenty of leg room and the Escalade has it. A Bose sound system provides excellent sound in the extremely quiet interior. Couple that with the smooth ride and the quality construction, I am tempted to live in it. Overall, I have to say it is superior to all other SUV's and I hope that when I get my next one, it is just as fantastic.

Well Built SUV

by from Denver, CO on October 4, 2010

I have owned this SUV for about 7 years and it has been a delight to drive everyday. I've never been stuck in the snow and is very reliable. The interior is very flush and has soft leather. Perfect for towing a boat or whatever you want to pull. The heated seats are great in the cold weather and the OnStar comes in handy. You really feel protected when inside.

All around solid SUV

by from Central PA on March 27, 2008

I learned on it, now I own it, and still love it. Long lasting luxury items, i.e. heated seats, quality of stereo. Great "get up and go" considering the size of the vehicle and one the few luxury SUVs that can do the dirty work without a problem. Towing is around 5000lb and very good with 4 wheel and 2 wheel selections.

I own one now.

by from Ontario, Canada on January 3, 2011

I currently own a 1999 Escalade. Love it. Rides like a dream, lots of power and miles of leather inside. Just want to make everyone aware that as of December 31, 2007, the OnStar system on these older Escalades is no longer active due to the digitalization of the system. Nor is it upgradeable. I did some research into getting the OnStar working on my '99, it can not be done. Otherwise, it's an awesome vehicle. Currently shopping for a 2003 or newer one.

**THE BEST car I have ever owned**

by from Baxter, IA on July 2, 2007

Not only is this the best car I have ever owned, I have 2 of them! Well not really two, but I have a cheaper Yukon Denali that is pretty much the same!

Our Expert Review: 2000 Cadillac Escalade