2017 Escalade ESV

2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV

5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV?

Top of the line.

by TripleO from central islip, ny on Fri May 12 2017

This vehicle is just beautiful and the new technology makes it the top of the line in luxury SUVs. It's the type of vehicle that says that you've arrived and you got there in total class.

An oasis on wheels

by Rick from NH on Sat May 06 2017

Decided to replace 2009 Tahoe LTZ after 175k. That was a great vehicle. There are six people in our family and the kids are getting older/bigger. We make frequent trips north to ski. I had every intention of buying a Yukon Denali XL and never gave the Escalade a thought at first. I drove the Denali and liked it's road manners -- certainly an upgrade from my Tahoe. However, I was thoroughly unimpressed with the quality of the interior. Hard plastic everywhere. The Multimedia interface (and icons) reminded me of my old Garmin GPS. You would never know that you were sitting in a 75k vehicle as opposed to a more pedestrian Chevy Malibu. For fun, I asked the dealer to let me look at an Escalade (2016 Premium with Kona brown interior). WHOA. What a difference! The all glass guages, CUE system, natural wood and rich aromatic leather everywhere got me hooked. Since I tend to hold onto my vehicles for a long time, I ultimately special ordered an ESV with Luxury trim, 4WD and Kona brown leather . I now have over 6000 miles on my Escalade. I love driving it. The engine has oodles of smooth V8 power and the magnetic ride control, I think, improves the handling substantially. The quality of the ride reminds me a lot of the caddys and town cars I used to drive for a limo service many moons ago -- just smooth, comfortable and roomy --- though I suspect the escalade has better handling without a "sofa soft" suspension. The interior of the escalade is outstanding. The Bose sound system is great. I really like CUE though, like any "computer", it can be quirky at times (a minor bother at best). There are a couple things worth mentioning. First, I think the transmission takes longer than 500 miles to adapt. I found that after 5000 miles, some of the hiccups in the transmission (which were minor to begin with...and I'm a hypersensitive driver) improved markedly. No issues after that. These vehicles are expensive and many other reviewers compare the escalade with similarly priced Range Rover, Lexus and MB SUVs. I don't think that is entirely fair. The passenger and cargo space of the escalade esv is simply unmatched. I also think that the escalade is still a truck at heart (and in parts...most of which shared with the Yukon and Suburban). But, if you need the space and durability of a suburban but are wiling to pay for the luxury of an escalade, I don't think you will be disappointed...Consider spending the extra money to get a very real upgrade in luxury from the Yukon Denali.

the coolest car I've owned

by Ella from Toronto on Tue Aug 22 2017

The car is the most comfortable one that I have ever got. The car with a really great sound effect makes me enjoy driving. Most important, it looks cool.

This vehicle provides me more then I coul

by McNairs on Sun Jan 21 2018

This SUV provides you all that you could ever want a need. It’s Luxurious, Spacious, Comfortable, smooth ride, great on gas and has all the updated technology you can ever imagine.

No other SUV like it.

by Rock on Sun Jan 07 2018

Love the look. It will handle in any type of weather. Safe and reliable. Cargo space is a little bit smaller due sunken space underneath. Lots of features that are automatic like headlights and wipers.

Safest vehicle on the road!

by Sasman from Edmond, OK on Mon Jul 24 2017

My 2015 Escalade ESV was involved in a terrible accident! This SUV saved our lives! Safety features and driving support features like lane-departure which not only alerts you with a vibrating seat and tone, it will also steer you back into your lane. ESV is a must because as the kids get bigger, you'll need more room + room for their luggage. Cadillac also keeps the price high, so resale value should stay high, also. If you can fit this into your budget, the benefits will outweigh the cost.

Loved my Cadillac so much I went back a month law!

by LisaAnnRealtor on Sat Aug 11 2018

I LOVE THIS CAR. The interior is beautiful as well as the exterior but I happened to see the interior a lot more so that?s why am commenting on it. It drives beautifully I got the black rims with the White Cadillac looks gorgeous

Big improvement over my 2012 ESV.

by Bob G from Wichita Falls, TX on Fri Oct 13 2017

The 2017 ESV has many more features than my did my 2012. The ride and the handling are greatly improved, as is the noise level. The navigation system is useable as opposed to the one in my 2012 which only annoy me. I'm having fun with it and look forward to learning to use all its bells and whistles.

So Happy and Grateful Now That I Have a NEW Ride!

by Mama Bear from Miami, FL on Mon Oct 16 2017

For the first time, I have a brand new Escalade ESV!! It?s FABULOUS!! ALL 3 of my Children, my husband and I can fit and travel and NOT be cramped! So very excited, it?s been a long time coming and is just in time to start taking kids to college!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Top of the line.

by TripleO from central islip, ny on Mon May 29 2017

It is a vehicle that makes a statement when you arrive. It's stance and design truly are to be admired.