2005 SRX

2005 Cadillac SRX

2005 Cadillac SRX

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2005 Cadillac SRX?

A dream to drive.

by Roberto Cardona from Minooka, il on Mon Feb 20 2017

Bought my 2005 SRX V6 AWD in Sept. of 15 with 101,000 miles in it. First month it sucked down oil like a newborn. Had to check it weekly, about a quarter a week. Treated my oil with a seal/treatment and it worked. Outside of normal wear for a car that is 10 years old it's a great reliable car. I've spent a little over 500 in parts, repaired it myself. It handles extremely well in all weather conditions and rides smooth. Great car.

05 Cad SRX

by tryeasy from Indio, CA on Sat Jul 24 2010

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 years purchased used from dealer as a CPO vehicle. Cadillac has been splended with immediately fixing any complaints... from rear door lift weather stripping, rear shock, rear axle bearing.... fortunately all covered under warranty. I am thinking of getting another vehicle but have trouble finding a car that is as striking and smooth driving as well as great handling. MPG has been 16-18 city and 23 MPG at 70 MPH. Very very smooth driving vehicle.

Hate it or Love it

by ThrzJusUs from Staten Island, NY on Wed Jun 11 2014

I actually had a 2005 SRX base RWD v6 for about two years. Just recently I had to trade her in because I could not keep up with the maintenance after losing my main income. As read in previous posting, the DRL burned out frequently on these vehicles and you have to remove the tire and wheel well in order to change the bulbs ($40 if you go to a repair shop). Which was a major setback in the winter months and I was accustomed to just not replacing them at all until warmer weather! This car is a sexy work of art in my own opinion, and the ride is like butter on the open roads even at 80 MPH. I would have kept my car or even purchased a 2009 model if the parts weren't so expensive. Having replaced the complete rack and pinion $1400, and leaving the garage with my clock spring damaged another $400 for the part alone, some electronic issue where my car wouldn't start on heavy rainy days it became bonkers especially with a $350 battery inside of it, traction control module needed a new chip $380. My point is.. If I had the money would I do it again, I sure would! This car made me happy and I cried when I signed her over for a less expensive truck.

My 2005 SRX Experiance

by Paul from Tacoma, WA on Wed Oct 08 2014

I bought this car new off the showroom and found it a dream to drive. Have to remind myself that it is not a Corvette and anything loose in the back becomes a projectile. For trips it is very comfortable for up to eight hours driving or as a passenger. I have had a seal problem with the Northstar V8 that developed after warranty and GM would only cover half the cost of the $3400 repair; also the front turn signal replacement requires a lot of disassembling to get to the bulbs. Note: Replace the socket also as they corrode. The battery finally needs replacing after almost eleven years. I still own the car and will continue to drive it as I don't like the body design of the new SRXs. It qualifies as one of my favorite owned vehicles.

Most luxurous car I've ever owned

by clockman from Versailles, KY on Tue Mar 27 2012

I searched for months,and found my SRX in Pittsburg. Drove from Ky to get it. Everything works flawlessly, except the Navigation. It's a pleasure to drive,or ,just look at. However I seldom get to drive anymore,my lady does the driving now. It's her car. Thanks GM for designing a winner.

2005 srx. V8 sucks up gas if you stomp on it.

by Antonio from Newark California on Fri Dec 30 2016

Nice vehicle. If you don't push on the gas to much is good on gas. Unfortunately it's to easy to wanna hear and feel the v8 power. Spacious and longer. Back up sensors are wonderful. Nice beefier wagon. Not quite as huge as a escalade.

Looks great, looks are not everything

by Crypt2nite from Temecula on Wed Oct 18 2017

Car drives smooth and engine is strong, that's about all I can say good about this car. The car was a gift and I'm very much appreciate it. It was bought used with 75k miles since having the car we replaced the power steering line cost $500 then had to replace the power steering pump an additional $700. The car uses a lot of motor oil. Now the transmission had to be rebuilt $4000. I only have 94k miles on it. There is way too much plastic on the inside and it sounds like I'm in a water bottle factory when driving. I will never purchase a Cadillac.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great First Car

by green8trey from Terryville, CT on Wed Jun 14 2017

This car is my first car. I originally had been in search of a full-size pickup truck, but I settled for this SUV. I can say that I'm content with my choice to buy this SUV. I'm a fan of the great performance and luxury of this vehicle.

A fine build machine with awesome performance.

by Performance perfection from Euclid, Ohio on Sun Jul 23 2017

This vehicle has excel all of my expection and continues to provide a smooth and comfortable ride. The leg room and seat adjustments fulfill my comfort zone. The maximum overall drive train is simply awesome and exhilarating!

Great vehicle. I didn't buy but will.

by jrawl from Muncie, In. on Sun Jan 07 2018

Great vehicle, I will own one soon.Very nice ride, love the third row seating and navagation system.awsome vehicle.

1 2 3