2006 SRX

3.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.7 out of 5 starsReliability

2006 SRX V8

by druckus from Texas on June 23, 2015

I chose the SRX with the Northstar V8 over the V6 because my research indicated the V8 has fewer problems than the V6. The V6 engines are plagued with timing chain defects where the V8's are not. I very am happy with my decision. The V8 has so much more power and the gas mileage difference is only 1mpg on the highway. The SRX is a pleasure to drive and maneuver. It rides and steers more like a car and an SUV.

Pretty decent experience

by Bill from Ann Arbor, MI on November 18, 2006

I bought one of the first SRX's and it has been pretty good. GM offers a Cadillac loaner for all warrenty service, that's nice. It did not need much service, but a couple of nagging problems. The key gets locked in the ignition and won't come out, the front end was noisy and the dealer really resisted fixing it. Perhaps the newers models don't do this. Big thing though- the large sunroof seems really cool. But, after a bit of use it can be VERY squeaky because it is so large. They don't really seem to be able to deal with the noise in service. So, I would caution against getting sold on that feature.

A Cut Above the Rest

by Nole fan from Tallahassee, FL on January 22, 2007

Best driving, handling, and looking car that i have owned. Interior finish and design doesn't measure up to the rest of the car. A friend recently purchased a 2007 model and interior has been significantly upgraded. . I like the size and design of this car, and hope cadillac will continue to tweak the details. I have had no mechanical problems thus far; car now has 6800 miles on the odometer.

A cut above what I have owned over the last 30 yrs

by Dale from Frankfort, KY on September 12, 2006

It's not perfect but it is well put together. Not many trips back to the shop on things that don't work and taking a vehicle of this type, one is treated a tad better than what I havd been accustomed to taking other cars in for service. One is treated as if you are credible!! The only thing I dislike about the vehicle is the gas mileage isn't the best, but hey, I knew that when I bought one, usually runs 17-18 in town and above 22 out on the road.

WOW!!! Fantastic

by Lori from Norwalk CT on August 5, 2006

I have 4 kids and they all love this car. The car never broke down on me and this was my first car that i loved. We bring it everywhere with us like to Mexico or even Florida. It is even better in snow!!!! I would say this is the best SUV out on the road.

Nice but unreliable

by JessLA05 from on May 12, 2017

We loved our SRX when we got it but it blew a head gasket pretty quickly after we got it and it was never the same again.

Does not recommend this car!!

I knew back in 2006 this was a great vehicle

by pitch4glide from Hartford, WI on April 10, 2018

Fast forward to 2018, we needed a second car, and trust me the search did not start with the SRX. I wanted a V8 half ton, but wasn't willing to part with more than my budget, settle for something with 250k on the odometer, or one of those "good runners" that looks like it was hauled off the set of Mad Max. Probably test drove half a dozen cars and SUV's before I found this 2006 SRX base model with 112k. It had a clean carfax, two previous owners, and had been well maintained inside and out. The vehicle threw a check engine light on the test drive much to the salesman's consternation and upon further inspection it was revealed to need a new catalytic converter which the dealership replaced prior to my taking delivery of it. I will say this 2006 SRX still has a better street and highway ride than some of the much newer cars I test drove. For 12 year old powertrain and suspension technology it still provides ample scoot and decent cornering despite it's mass. All things considered I can overlook the 15mpg city rating, and hope to enjoy another 100k of use before looking at another Caddy.

2nd SRX I've purchased!

by Henry "Canadian Consumer" from Toronto, Ontario, Canada on January 13, 2017

This is the 2nd Cadillac SRX I have purchased used. Fantastic SUV with very dependable V8 engine and smooth performance. Gas mileage is acceptable with the usual expected service and maintenance costs of this type of vehicle with 181,989 km's on it. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone with the only minor negative comment being the Navigation system is typical for the 2006 era of technology. I would buy this vehicle again, hands down over a BMW, Lexus or Mercedes anyday.

Very good solid vehicle

by fleetman from Brighton,Mi. on June 28, 2017

runs great, great leg room ,smooth ride, looks awesome, tires and brakes have at least 20,000 remaining on them.

SRX has been good to me.

by Waccamawneck from Georgetown SC on March 29, 2017

So far I've gone 146000 with routine maintenance and few repairs and the only major repair was my fault.

1 2 3