2006 Cadillac Srx

Most reliable and comfortable car we ever owned!

by from Klamath Falls, Oregon on August 18, 2017

It is a very good choice of cars for us living in snow country. It handles well in ice and snow conditions with the electronic front wheel assist that is so easy to use. Not to mention the memory function for each driver. Never had to reset anything once the key was inserted the car set everything to the drivers specifications and you were ready to go. Even down to the heated seats and A/C or heat. It was a real wow factor.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Very good solid vehicle

by from Brighton,Mi. on June 28, 2017

runs great, great leg room ,smooth ride, looks awesome, tires and brakes have at least 20,000 remaining on them.

Nice but unreliable

by from on May 12, 2017

We loved our SRX when we got it but it blew a head gasket pretty quickly after we got it and it was never the same again.

SRX has been good to me.

by from Georgetown SC on March 29, 2017

So far I've gone 146000 with routine maintenance and few repairs and the only major repair was my fault.

Cadillac 2006 SRX

by from Sarasota, FL on February 13, 2017

The SUV is comfortable, has nice options, looks great. Only complaint so far is poor gas mileage.....about 15.5 mpg.

Love the handelling and style

by from Ontario cda on February 5, 2017

I have owned several of these (4) all have had minor problems expected for 10 year old vehicles love the styling the panoramic roof and the seven seater option my kids love the DVDs in the back.All the models I owned were awd the v8 had a transfer case problem can't speak badly about them

2nd SRX I've purchased!

by from Toronto, Ontario, Canada on January 13, 2017

This is the 2nd Cadillac SRX I have purchased used. Fantastic SUV with very dependable V8 engine and smooth performance. Gas mileage is acceptable with the usual expected service and maintenance costs of this type of vehicle with 181,989 km's on it. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone with the only minor negative comment being the Navigation system is typical for the 2006 era of technology. I would buy this vehicle again, hands down over a BMW, Lexus or Mercedes anyday.

Worst car I ever had!

by from Texas on October 18, 2016

The cadillac SRX 2006 is good when it has below 30,000 miles. Over that it starts breaking everywhere it can. It spend right now more time in the shop than on the road.The repairs are very expensive and the gas consuption is horrible like a hummer.

Emptied my bank account

by from Indiana on January 23, 2016

I am a previous cadillac owner. This SRX is no cadillac. We keep ours in the garage. Literally. We keep it there. We don't drive it. Something else will break! This shiny car has been more days in the shop than in the driveway. It's a very clean car. VERY clean. And pretty pearl white. It LOOKS great. It even drives great for those precious few moments we have it on the road on the way home from the dealership. You WILL need to replace the engine in this car; that's just a maintenance item. Every 80,000 - 120,000 miles you should replace the engine. Apparently, the 3.6L V6 engines self-destruct. Literally. According to "The Internet", these cars can use (ie, make disappear or drink) 1 quart of oil every 500 miles. Cadillac owners everywhere are informed by their service departments that this is NORMAL. Because of all the oil they consume, you will also need to replace your catalytic converters as a matter of course. Because the catalytic converters will get quite a workout before you need to replace them, your transmission will start to develop routine symptoms related to. To. To. ...Nobody has been able to figure this one out. As a matter of preventive maintenance, trial and error, guess and poke, replace and pray, you will do a transmission service, change the filter, flush the system. When you drive around the dealership and pull it right back into the service entrance, they will inform you that next in line is a New Torque Converter Clutch solenoid. A good car owner always replaces this in the regular course of maintenance. When you pull out of the dealership, go around the block, and pull right back into the service entrance again, they will inform you that next on the rundown is a New Transmission Control Module. Apparently these should be replaced when you service the transmission. Other maintenance items include: rear differential seal (three times), new bulbs all around, driver side mirror, new sunroof. Typical maintenance items. We love this car, but we are going to trade it, because with the third row seat up, you can't fit a bag of groceries in the trunk. I'm not joking. There's not enough room to fit a (paper) sack of groceries, which means there's also not enough room to fit a suitcase (the small ones that fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane). Which means NO TRAVELING.

2006 SRX V8

by from Texas on June 23, 2015

I chose the SRX with the Northstar V8 over the V6 because my research indicated the V8 has fewer problems than the V6. The V6 engines are plagued with timing chain defects where the V8's are not. I very am happy with my decision. The V8 has so much more power and the gas mileage difference is only 1mpg on the highway. The SRX is a pleasure to drive and maneuver. It rides and steers more like a car and an SUV.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Cadillac Srx