2005 Cadillac Xlr

xlr

by from dayton,ohio on January 24, 2011

i have owned corvettes my whole life. the xlr is so superior to a vette-i can not even compare them. the ride is like you are on a cloud and handling is excellant. interior comfort is very good. all the ammenties on this car is unbelieveable. i do not think anything else could be put on this car. other than pricing i do not see why g.m. quit building them. as a luxary/sports model you can not beat it.

Perfect

by from Maine on May 11, 2011

After researching this car for two years I finally bought one this spring. This is without a doubt the most fun you can have on four wheels; it is a dream to drive. I don't think you could get more stares if you were in a Ferrari. The technology in this vehicle only adds to the drivers enjoyment with the Heads-Up-Display projecting your speed on the dash (you'll never want to go without it again) to the adaptive radar cruise control, to the air conditioned seats to the power hard top. The engine is phenomenal at passing speed and the gas mileage is better than I expected (average 20+ all around). The downside is the lack of any meaningful storage (trunk is just large enough to fit a pizza); you'll definitely need another vehicle in the family with more capacity. I also cross my fingers every time I put the top down because I know it won't be cheap when one of those pumps let go. All in all this is the best vehicle I've ever owned and I can't imagine ever parting with it.

The car of my dreams

by from Lynchburg, Tn on January 25, 2012

i saw this car in 2007 and said this is the car of my dreams...thinking i would be 100 years old before i could afford one...but now i own the car of my dreams and i laughingly say "it drives and rides like a cadillac" it is the most fun car i have ever driven or owned....cadillac of vetts..........vettish!! love it

What a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by from Cody WY on December 5, 2011

Bought this car in September 2011...WOW!!! Very impressive car with all the bells and whistles!! Only has 17,800 miles on it, in BRAND NEW condition! This car is all we could ever ask for....if you can find one, BUY IT!!! Only draw back we have is that we bought it in the fall, so now we have to wait until spring/summer 2012 to have the top down. We can hardly wait!!! Drives and rides like a dream!!

XLR

by from Port Orange Fl on June 3, 2013

I absolutely LOVE my XLR. It is Cadillac thru and thru. Sexy as heck and a real head turner everywhere I go. The engine offers unbelievable power whenever I ask for it and the handling is firm. If you are going to spend 30-40K on a newer vehicle, spend it on a used XLR you will not regret it.

Most Desriable and Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Philadelphia, PA on April 3, 2017

One of kind Luxury Sports Roadster. I would describe it as driving a Corvette dressed in a fine Tuxedo!

My favorite car of any I've owned.

by from Palm Springs, CA on July 12, 2017

A luxurious hot rod with a sumptuous interior that exudes good taste. The heads up display and interactive cruise control were frosting on the cake.

Uses car for Havingfun

My Second Dream Car. First was the Corvette!

by from Rio Vista, CA on April 9, 2017

This is a Dream car rides better than Corvette I own. A collector's car for sure, and would like to store it for 20 years for my grandson and him drive it around.....a real head trurner!

2005 Honey!

by from Midland, Texas on July 20, 2014

I had been looking for an XLR for a good while when I came across this one. It only had 26,500 miles and was in great condition! Not a scratch or mar anywhere on it! It runs like a Corvette and handles like my 1995 SL500! There was a problem with the top mechanism, but it was solved without a trip to the mechanic. Great car. . . Loads of fun!

Sporty looking car

by from on February 1, 2012

Due to not many being sold and the 2004 looks exactly like the 2009, no one can tell the year. It looks modern and will for years to come. The only problem I have (and I looked at half a dozens) is the interior trim seems to not hold up. I've found broken plastic panels, broken side cover, etc. And the cars only have less than 30k miles on them. I bought a 2005, and I'm ordering the interior plastic pieces that are broke on mine. Just strange how they don"t hold up.